Starfield
  • The only thing I hate about Skyrim is that they talked about it for 3 minutes out of that recent 7 minute video about Starfield.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    digi wrote:
    For all the shit that games get for being broken I'm surprised that this gets such a free pass and not just from here but critics etc too.

Bethesda, more like borkedesa

Is it broken?

Strange

It is isn't it? How can you call it broken when it's not even out? Very strange indeed
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Borked vaporware is some achievement. They should be applauded.
  • They should definitely name an achievement 'Borked Vaporware' maybe for when you do your first fast travel and it turns out your actually outside where you want to be and need another loading screen to actually get in.. Ping! 'Cheevo unlocked!

264093463_10227641814449984_2480231151194411480_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=VRzUQSWbFOoAX-25gtr&tn=VaF_iM-6vfz11Jen&_nc_ht=scontent.fiom2-1.fna&oh=a3517cdc023810ffb6e584659d3956b8&oe=61B3E9E9
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Three days in a row, Bob?

I know you're severely limited in the patter department but this is getting desperate
  • Ah shit wrong thread but I've been playing skrim recently.
    Hence the borked and broken comments.

Agree with Bob and fast travel too.
    Funking Skyrim.
    Fuck Bethesda.
  • Come on Paul.. crack a smile.. after all that effort making the achievement you're not going to begrudingly admit it was  mildly funny mentioning it three days in a row.. wait and see what I've got planned for tomorrow..it's like a fucking advent calander buddy!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    wait and see what I've got planned for tomorrow
    Well I for one am excited now! What could it be??? :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Borked Vapourwave is my fave subgenre of chip tune music.
  • He was good at Sportak Moscow but I'm not sure how he will transition to a Premier League relegation campaign at Newcastle.
  • In Mother Russia, vapourware borks you.
  • 849a8f0a21f4d56cf69c8916d8b46314--john-peel-music-teachers.jpg

"Now playing 'Bob's Got a New Advent Calendar' by Borked Vaporware."
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • What’s behind door number four?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Some tragic patter?
  • Nice.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    What’s behind door number four?

A waterproof teabag
  • A ham wrap (w/stuffing).
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    The way Creation Engine handles transitions into new interior cells though (i.e always requires a loading screen) you're never going to have seamless travel from outside to interior locations. Yes, those load screens may well be only 2 seconds long in Starfield too, but they'll still be there. The first time you walk into that space cantina, you'll have a transition screen. Step from your spacecraft onto a planet surface, transition screen. Buy your robo-horse some robo-horse armour then gallop off into an alien sunset? Not before that transition screen. Ever played Skyrim with the Open Cities mod? It's truly liberating being able to walk freely into the larger settlements without a transition/load screen. I fully suspect we'll have to wait for modders to devise an Open Cities style mod to fix Starfield too because of the limitations of CE. And that does make me miserable.

It really is a little unforgiveable these days for a developer of this size to not give the project the level of tech it deserves. But I guess we'll see how this turns out.

There's so many examples of similar open world games now that have done away with perceptible loading transitions while also having cutting edge visuals, if Bethesda just keep polishing up the same old cranky engine it'll stand out like a sore thumb.
  • There are so many question that Bethesda need to start answering about Starfield.  What exactly is the new animation system that you've been working on?  (its existence only leaked by a staffer).   Will it extend to fixing your risible face tech?  The rumour that Todd circulated about 150,000 lines of dialogue, does this mean their isn't a mute protagonist like Skyrim, but you're going the talkie route like what you did with Fallout 4?  Playable races?   And the small matter of WHAT DO YOU ACUTALLY DO IN THIS GAME?!

These fluff videos that they are releasing where they describe Starfield as 'Skyrim in Space' just aren't cutting the mustard.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s not out for a year, there’s plenty of time for them to answer those questions.

Plus, based on previous Bethesda games, they’ve already provided far more information about Starfield than they would normally have done at this point in the release cycle. I’d expect a massive blowout at E3, not much before.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    New vidoc thing:

Still all just concept arts, philosophies, talking about some of the factions.
  • Gotta be a big Starfield reveal party around E3 time, eh?
  • Vapor ware is still quite Vapor-ey then
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Or Bethesda pre-release information reveals remaining very Bethesda-ey.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’m so excited for this game. Most of this year I’m pretty much in a holding pattern just waiting for it to be out already.
    Get schwifty.
  • They may as well let obsidian bang out Skyrim 2 while we’re waiting for this hot mess
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Latest rumour is that there have been talks of Obsidian doing another Fallout. Early days yet, mind.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Have heard about that. I see that happening. There’s a lot of folk at Obsidian who have worked various Fallout games. The series is going to languish otherwise, with Bethesda moving on to The Elder Scrolls (I’m trying to be patient!) after Starfield.
    Get schwifty.
  • We'll always have Fallout 76....

But srsly, this is the most un-Bethesda way of doing things, this 'marketing campaign' for Starfield. For every AAA release they ever did, it was nothing, nada, no news whatsoever...then they would drop something substantial at an E3 about 6 months prior to actual release.  A big news blackout and then Boom!  It saved them from the folly that other Devs fall foul of - launching a runnaway hype train that goes off the rails when titles failed to deliver,  a la Cyberpunk.

But this inconsequential drip feed of tit-bits ain't delivering no hype or even answering the most basic of questions.  If you have a new persuasion dialogue system, then lets see it in action, rather than showing some footage of Oblivion for christs sake!

I am beginning to agree with Bob.  I think this Starfield thing is in big big trouble.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!