E3 - keep track of what interests you with LISTS
  • It is kinda brilliant that after falling out with the other guy and leaving Playdead he’s basically making his own version of the games. Twice as many bleak lofi platformers? Sign me up!
  • bUMp
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Somerville is Edge cover game this month. Looking good.
  • Which is only very good. So beyond that too.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Can you talk to the dog, or you NEVER CAN SAY GOOD BOY?

I've done that one before.

If it's any good, you'll have to... buy, boy, buy, boy, buuuy.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Ooh I didn't know Somerville was written and directed by Olsen!  I think he briefly for a time was a Badger.  Friend and colleague of our Cherry_Pez and part of the Mordor Mashup crew.  Had a mean Gouken on SFIV iirc.

It's the indie studio headed up by Dino Patti from Playdead, so yeah naturally Somerville is kinda reminiscent of Limbo and Inside.

Good stuff.
    Live your dreams Badgers!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • List folks unite.  Gonna do mine in a bit because I love it.
  • Prince of Persia (haters gonna hate)
    Mortal Kombat 1
    Alan Wake 2
    Toxic Commando (assuming this a campaign thing?  If it's ASYNCHRONOUS MP I'll pass)
    Sandland maybe?

Turns out I can't be bothered to finish the list as there are far too many things worthy of wishlisting - that's probably less than 20% of what I'd be interested in trying.  Blasphemous II is the main one for me anyway, followed by Cocoon and Baby Steps.
  • Guerrilla
    Iron Meat
    Toxic Crusaders
    Anton Blast
    World of Horror
    Quest Master
    WrestleQuest

SummerFest
    Mortal Kombat 1
    Sonic (this is a hard maybe in a sale)
    The amusing reviews for the Twisted Metal tv show

Day of the Devs
    Hauntii
    Helskate
    Henry Halfhead

Xbox
    Starfield
    Star Wars Outlaws
    Still Wakes the Deep (mayber)
    Clockwork Revolution (mayber)
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Prince of Persia (haters gonna hate)
    It looks like a pretty good game in itself, but it seems quite generic and such an uninteresting direction for the series. At its best, it was always an antidote to the all out action of other games, and now it looks like it wants to join them. A modern rethink of the original or Sands of Time would make more sense.
  • Not the point of the thread, of course. I'm struggling to remember what was what spread across so many presentations, but probably some of those you mentioned.
  • I just googled "everything shown at..." even then I forgot what half the stuff was.
  • JonB wrote:
    It looks like a pretty good game in itself, but it seems quite generic and such an uninteresting direction for the series. At its best, it was always an antidote to the all out action of other games, and now it looks like it wants to join them. A modern rethink of the original or Sands of Time would make more sense.

Agree with all of this up to the last part; more often than not I'd take generic but solid 2D platforming over something less throwaway (and 3D), even if the presentation is wrong.  

This is where you remind me to play Vigil and my previous sentence suddenly reveals itself to be nonsense. 
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    A modern rethink of the original or Sands of Time would make more sense.

They’re working on it after rebooting the project but they released an interview recently after announcing it wouldn’t be at this year’s showcase and it sounds like it’s still at a super early stage.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • JonB wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

Rayman Origins team though, apparently, which gives me hope.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Just saw some footage of Flight Sim 2024. Fuck me it looks spectacular. Such a timesink though. Open ended play which I know is the attraction wouldn't hold me. I'd need a mission structure. I presume there is some of that in there?

It's the only modern game of that PS5/Xbox style of thing that interests me. The rest just looks like uncanny valley play through once cutscene gallery / grindathons.  Games look like they've become this weird merge of Hollywood films and theme park rides. I'm sure there's more to them than that but trailers just leave me totally cold.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • First thought on Persia, aside from it looking like the originals, was a hint of Metroid a la Mercury Steam flavours.

Much better than any 3D ubisofferings the past two decades
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • davyK wrote:
    Just saw some footage of Flight Sim 2024. Fuck me it looks spectacular. Such a timesink though. Open ended play which I know is the attraction wouldn't hold me. I'd need a mission structure.

I spent two days downloading Flight Sim so that I could fly a little plane around over my house, then deleted it again. I just don’t have the time to invest in learning to be a pilot.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    PoP looks tasty actually.
  • I understand from all this talk that new games have been announced and showcased.  No idea about any of this, been out of touch a bit.  I imagine I can just catch up on an online pub like Eurogamer.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Flight Sim does have set missions and stuff doesn't it? Search and rescue, dropping water on forest fires etc
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Flight Sim does have set missions and stuff doesn't it? Search and rescue, dropping water on forest fires etc

I'd like a bit of that.  Nice early PS2 game called Sky Odyssey hit the mark with me.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The enormous download and having to learn how to take off etc still puts me off. Could play it via the cloud I suppose
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye. If I could justify it to myself I'd love to get a full PC rig with flight controller etc.

Wifey would probably let me spend the coin but fuck that.
    The enormous download and having to learn how to take off etc still puts me off. Could play it via the cloud I suppose

Isn't there a way of playing it almost arcade like and then gradually taking all the aids away?

I've always loved arcade flyers ever since Pilotwings but flying is the one thing I'd fancy actually investing time to play as a sim but fuck that timesink.

I like the look of the racing mode in MS flight sim - whizzing around the towers etc.  My money would probably be better spent on a drone with camera and VR setup.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The full VR set up is the ideal. Too hot for that caper right now anyway
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You can play Flight Sim pretty arcade style. You can just start up in the air so you don’t need to engage with take off and landing at all if you don’t want - you can just fly around.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I played it when it was first released and could take off and land easily enough. Certainly with the smaller aircraft, anyway. I must've had some sort of auto-help on, but don't remember the specifics.
  • Yeah, I had auto-everything switched on so I could just take off and pootle about.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I liked that Capcom cool samurai thing. Rest is a big meh.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!