Seinfield
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Seinfeld just isn't as funny as Curb. Not by a longshot. Curb actually explains why Seinfeld was quite funny, IE Larry David wrote it and managed to get some of his stuff in there, despite the producers, runtime etc.

I dunno about that, I think Larry Charles probably wrote the best episodes of Seinfeld.
  • Thread title looks too much like Starfield which has just had its own thread, so please change the OP as it’s messing with my front page optics a bit.  Thanks.

+1 forum point
    The Forum Herald™
  • Seinfeld and Curb scratch different itches for me. Seinfeld is more a light, easy show to watch on a Saturday morning. Curb is more of a Monday night thing.
    Love them both though.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • George and Jerry are sitting on the sofa. The door opens, Elaine walks in. Jerry turns his body to her and puts his elbow on top of the sofa.

Jerry: Well, how was your hot date with Todd?
    George: I still can't believe you're dating a Todd.

Elaine smiles half-heartedly

Elaine: Eh, it went...it went well.
    Jerry: What happened? 
    George: Todd, he's a computer guy, right? Does his work provide free upgrades or...

Elaine sits on the armchair and faces Jerry and George

Elaine:It was fine...and we were having a good time. Things were getting a bit...you know...and we go back to his apartment...

Jerry and George both nod in unison

Jerry and George: His apartment!
    George: So what happened? Todd not got the goods?
    Elaine: I didn't get to see the goods
    George: What do you mean you didn't see the goods? You went back to his apartment, right? What else would a man bring you there for if not explicitly to see the goods?

Elaine exhales slowly.

Elaine: Playtesting.
    Jerry: Playesting? What in the world is playtesting?
    George: Is that a uh...

George makes an unclear and vague gesture with his hands. Jerry and Elaine stare at him, bemused.

George: A sex thing!This was clearly implying a sex thing! (George repeats the gesture with his hands)

Elaine: What type of sex are you having?
    Jerry: So, playesting?
    Elaine: Playtesting. He wants me to Play his game.
    Jerry: He wants you to play his game?

Elaine nods.

Jerry: You're on a date. You're getting down to business. He takes you back to his apartment. And, he wants you to play his game?

Elaine nods again.

George: So what did you do? Did you play it?
    Elaine: I couldn't.
    George: Well, why not?
    Elaine: Because what if I was bad at it? What if everyone in his little game world is great at them. And then he sees me play and I suck.
    Jerry: Did you just get...performance anxiety?
    George: I've never felt closer to you than I do now.
    Jerry: So what did you do?
    Elaine: I called for backup.
    Jerry: Backup?
    Elaine: Yeah, I called the only person I know who actually, you know, plays these things...

DOOR SHOOTS OPEN. KRAMER STANDS IN THE DOORWAY. AUDIENCE CHEERS.

Kramer: You rang?

George looks confused

George: Wait, Kramer played the game? You could have called anyone and you called him
    Jerry: Did you want to play the game?
    George: I could have played the game
    Elaine: Oh, please, you could not play the game.

Jerry turns to Kramer

Jerry: So...how was the game?
    Kramer: You wouldn’t believe it, Jerry. 16 times the detail. 16 times!
    Jerry: 16 times?
    Kramer: 16 times!
    Jerry: that’s a lotta detail. But what do I need all that detail for?

Kramer shakes his head

Kramer: the detail is the future, Jerry.
    Jerry: the future is 16 times the detail? Just the detail? Can I walk up to one of them Fifth Avenue ghouls and hold myself a conversation that is 16 times better?
    Kramer: you’re missing the point, Jerry
    Jerry: what is the point?
    George: Yeah, get the point.
    Kramer: Alright, alright. Forget the detail. The point is...this whole thing...the entire world...

George and Jerry lean forward expectantly

Kramer: It just works, Jerry
    Jerry: it works? That’s it, it just works?

Kramer smiles with a sense of achievement and pride

Jerry: of course it works! Do they ever not work? Why would I spend money on a game and not expect it to work?
    George: well, there was that one time when you bought a game that didn’t work
    Jerry: well of course that happens, but that wasn’t a choice. I didn’t walk into GameStop and ask specifically for a game that didn’t work! Of course it should just work.

• I watched the whole of Curb before starting Seinfeld. I'm on season 7 of Seinfeld now, and I must say I'm enjoying it more than Curb.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I had always pegged Seinfeld as a run of the mill sitcom so didn't watch it until after I had seen and loved Curb. Going back and binging the whole series was great but yeah, it can't reach the heights of Curb. But it's excellent in its own right.
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty…
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Well come on, Cinty, what happens next?
  • nick_md wrote:
    Well come on, Cinty, what happens next?

George becomes obsessed with not being asked to play the game and stalks Todd. He eventually goes to Todd’s house under false pretences and sneaks into his office to play the game.

He reports back to Jerry later that it doesn’t, in fact, just work. After some pressing it turns out that Todd walked in on George playing the game (we see this via flashback). George struggles to get it working and swears that it never worked properly, but Todd accuses him of breaking the game and states it was working perfectly before. 

At the same time, Kramer believes that texture detail will be the next big thing and invests all his money into a quixel competitor being run by the son of someone he met at the laundromat.

Elaine dumps Todd when he starts pitching an idea for a new game during oral sex.
  • Sounds about right, ta.
  • Wow all wrapped up in 20 mins. Just needs those painful standup bookend sequences
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The standup bookends are poor but the series is strong. George is a great character and is based on Larry David himself.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I nearly choked to death laughing during Curb at the 'Beloved Aunt' typo in the obituary.
  • Seinfeld is pretty much Friends, but without the self-delusion that they're not all total bellends.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I haven't watched a lot of Curb but what I've seen I've really liked.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • g.man wrote:
    These pretzels are making me thirsty…

lol.

Have you tried ordering the big salad?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Seinfeld is pretty much Friends, but without the self-delusion that they're not all total bellends.

It's obviously fine acceptable not to like Seinfeld but no-one's taking you seriously if you make any comparison to Friends.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Likewise, Pea.  The entire episode is amazing.  As are many others, ofc...
  • Friends gets plenty of hate but it's far better than most American sitcoms imo.
  • I dont remember the playtest episode...RTE have Seinfeld on their player along with Fraiser, good to alternate. A new season of Curb is coming right?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Iv only seen a few episodes of each, I really liked that comedians in cars getting coffee.

Where can I watch Seinfeld and curb?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Seinfeld’s on channel 4 according to the OP.

Curb is HBO so maybe Sky if they feel like allowing you to watch it at the moment.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Seinfeld’s on channel 4 according to the OP.

Curb is HBO so maybe Sky if they feel like allowing you to watch it at the moment.

Seinfeld is go then.
    Curb can bite my shite till it's on netflix, prime or Disney.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It won't be on any of those ever.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Curb is on Now TV.
  • What channel showed Seinfeld here originally?

I dont ever remember it being on. I'm too young to have appreciated it when it was being made anyway but I remember things like Fraiser airing which overlapped for a fair few years.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Curb is on Now TV.

It's not Now. But it was.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Its not Now? I did not Know.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    What channel showed Seinfeld here originally? I dont ever remember it being on. I'm too young to have appreciated it when it was being made anyway but I remember things like Fraiser airing which overlapped for a fair few years.

BBC2, but they didn't exactly present it as a big draw, and shunted it around all over the place.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!