Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Colonial Marines 2: Not Total Shit-a-loo?)
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Yes but I said that 6 posts ago let me go and play Ace Attorney like an idiot

OBJECTION!!!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Yeah, like g said, the reviews are starting to come in and the scores are "I guess?/10".

Wait until it's on sale/on gamepass/given away in a box of cereal, have some fun and then never think about it again.

Shame.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • £30 game that’s a 7 pretty much across the board is deemed too expensive and not worth it. Wow.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    There's so much to play now at such a high level of quality, and services like Gamepass spoil us rotten. Time becomes more valuable than money.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Exactly.
  • I find it the opposite, scratching around for things to play so look forward to all new releases. Aliens, Tormented Souls and may try Pyschonauts this week.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    My current list off the top of my head:

Finish the Ascent
    Hades
    Flight Sim
    Quake
    Doom Eternal (been waiting for the next gen patch on that one)
    Quite possibly Psychonauts 2 based on the reviews
    Potentially Omno as it’s short and based on people’s reactions here.

I’ve got more than enough to keep me going.
  • Surely depends on how many games you go through a year and i guess everyone is different. Even back in the day when i played a lot, a 7 out of 10 game would not have moved my needle.

Also now there is not only too many quakity new games but also too many great legacy games as well. Look at how good a response a re-release (skyward sword, quake etc.) gets on here alone. Plus, BC and the boost fron the new consoles has given fresh life to games from the ps2 and 360 era. Very hard to compete with all that noise
    SFV - reddave360
  • I very recently rewatched Aliens. Holy fuck I'd love a new game in this universe. A crazy intense first person thing maybe. I loved Alien Trilogy back in the day. But yeah this sounds like a gamepass deal for me. Might boot up Isolation again though.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Im playing Hades non-stop right now. Then I want to start doing SoR4 weeklys again.
    Psychonauts 2 will definitely get a go after that.
    By that point Halo will be on its way hopefully.
    Still need to go back to Immortals.

If I run out of stuff from there a second rate Aliens game will probably not grab my interest before something else.
  • Someone (apologies I cant remember who) earlier in the thread nailed it.
    Aliens is a great basis for a game, so great a bunch of other games did it sans license and have been doing it for years.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    £30 game that’s a 7 pretty much across the board is deemed too expensive and not worth it. Wow.

No one's saying it's a rip off and/or a shit game. But I've got a thousand and one other things to do, and a middling game can get to the back of the queue.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Would like to try this in co-op for sure. Have fond memories of AVP days, OG.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    There's so much to play now at such a high level of quality, and services like Gamepass spoil us rotten. Time becomes more valuable than money.

I am starting to feel like games are going the way of TV in this regard. You spent ages scouring the libraries of Netflix, Prime, Disney ect only to end up turning off the TV and not watching anything.

Sometimes when you flood a pass-time with easily accessible content at a fraction of the price it becomes like you said, more about time and less about money. It also starts to bleed into having way too much choice than you actually need.

Remember the good old days when we had a handful of TV channels and you knew what was on at what time and day each week off by heart? Remember when you also knew all 6 games that were coming out that year on your N64 :P

Sometimes less is more I guess, at least that's how I feel about it.

**Also, there is there weird internal economy that assigns more value to a gaming experience when you are committed financially. As in, you are (at least I am) more likely to stay with a game when you have paid €60 for it as opposed to just downloading it off game pass.**
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I can’t say that I’ve been having that sort of option paralysis with Game Pass too much, I’ve had a pretty clear idea of what I want to play and what I want to play next. Truth is, I don’t get it all that much with Netflix unless I’m trying to find something to watch with someone else.

I also disagree that I’m more likely to stick with a game if I’ve spent money on it. I’ve bounced off loads of stuff in my backlog that I’ve paid money for. In some ways, the limited time nature of most of the games on GP means that I’m more likely to start and stick with a title that interests me as I know I won’t always have the chance.

But maybe that’s just me.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Well, on PC I think we're kind of spoiled with all the cheap ways to play games so I tend to get real indecisive sometimes about what I want to play. Having said that, I've pulled myself form this mindset of a backlog and playing games because they've been critically well received and just started to reinvest in the genres I know I love. Also, I agree with the Netflix issue usually arising when in company.
  • I'm very much with Haak on this. For me it draws a parallel with the PS2 era when piracy was absolutely rife. Pop down the local market and get a fistful of the latest releases burned to discs for a few quid. 
    Didn't immediately float your boat? In the bin with it! 
    Everything is devalued by ease of cheap access.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The cost of access is now time for me. I want to play game X, it appears on GP, I have maybe 6 or 12 months to play game X before it’s gone. It’s a very different experience to me than, say, downloading a ROM dump which I can get around to next week, next year or next decade.
  • Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
    Plans that either come to naught, or half a page of scribbled lines
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
    The time is gone, the game is over, thought I'd something more to say
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
    Plans that either come to naught, or half a page of scribbled lines
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
    The time is gone, the game is over, thought I'd something more to say

Class g.
  • Ever thought of song writing G? You'd be great at it.
  • I just play, watch, listen to what I like really.
    If a game is shit I'm not going to play it but now I haven't spent £50 on it. If a game can't hold my interest because something else has popped up on GP then I can't be that interested in it, or it will be something I can come back to when I get bored of the new thing.
    A game is considered complete when Im done playing it, I have no desire to see everything through to the end, or to milk every achievement out of it for the sake of it.

Its easy to say that makes the hard work of devs disposable but at least they get a chance. Back with the N64 I wasn't buying or playing anything that wasn't a top, top reviewed game because it was too damn expensive to do so and lets face it that meant Nintendo or Rare developed games most of the time. Now I pay my GP money and that (via whatever fucking system MS is using) pays the devs something whether I play it for an hour or 100.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I expected this to be bad but.....fuck me. It's embarrassing dirge. Managed one mission and now I have to explain to my cousin, that bought it, that no I don't want to play co-op really tbh.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    I expected this to be bad but.....fuck me. It's embarrassing dirge. Managed one mission and now I have to explain to my cousin, that bought it, that no I don't want to play co-op really tbh.

"I'm not gay, but I'll learn"?

Wait, that's for a different problem...
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    You really shouldn't judge it based on the first couple of missions. This game is all about the grind and the unlocks. Until you get a few perks, attachments etc it comes across very one-dimensional.

Trust me there's way more to it. 

I've been playing solo with bots which isn't ideal, but my Gears training has helped through certain areas/brickwalls that others have been really struggling with.

And the more you play the more you level up and become more powerful, which lets you joins others at lower levels and help them past their particular hurdles (jolly coop).

I really like it. Its not special like "wow-wee", its just good (albeit un-original) shooty-mans kinda fun! 

For £30 i already had my monies worth, and i'm only half way through the campaign.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Some of the unlocks in the trailer had me keen. I'd genuinely enjoy running around in alien handler armour from Alien 3.
  • I really enjoyed it. Good challenge too. The last chapter of the last mission was ace and massively intense. Will pick up again when more people have got it and matchmaking is smoother.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Matchmaking? Intriguing.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Reports of Fireteam Elite's death are greatly exaggerated, it seems.

Season 4 adds various cosmetic gubbins to unlock, because we all love a good dopamine hit, as well as (drum roll please) crossplay in all game modes between Xbox, PlayStation, and Steam.

The free update hatches on July 26th.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!