Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    My current fortress.

Main floor, storage all over the shop. Needs sorting. Still learning though.

YtYkJOc.png

Sleeping quarters and dining hall. No ides if it's better to have food storage nearby. I assume so?

xWrz9VP.png

Temple floor. My Dwarves became MUCH happier after doing this.

YX3nFRg.png

They all seem pretty happy currently. I have amulets, mugs and rings on the go for the trader showing up. Think I'll stick with this one and see where it goes.

Still need to fathom militia, it's all very confusing.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Worth a go so you reckon?
  • I reckon give it a try if you're looking for something deep to get your teeth stuck into. It's not actually that difficult to play and get into, at least the intial stuff which the tutorial helps with. Its famous inscrutability is helped a lot with the graphics as now you can see what things are at a glance most of the time, but it's still immensely deep in the number of things you can create and do so you will want to be checking in on the wiki and asking questions occasionally.

The 'aaah!' moments when you figure stuff out and build something cool are great, it can be a very rewarding experience.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Worth a go so you reckon?

Did you play/like Rimworld?

I'm absolutely hooked on it. There's a bewildering amount of menus and options but it's not too bad. Like Gurt said, it's easy enough to get going. It's brilliant.

My population has doubled, very daunting to try and manage this rabble. Not had any disasters so far, apart from corpse removal issues. I think I've sorted it. Maybe.

Built a fishery and now I have a massive amount of shells that I'm crafting helms from and making a tidy profit.
  • This game is insane. I just had a fort perish before it even begun -

I embarked to a forested area in the foothills of The Mysterious Tooth mountains, on the border of The Cooperative Forests. I was looking for a place with a high cliff face I could dig into, but upon my arrival I found something quite remarkable and disturbing.
    Spoiler:

I thought about reloading and trying something else in that map, but I decided that was against the roguelike spirit of Dwarf Fortress and took it as one of many learning experiences. This game is wonderful and terrifying.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!