Ranking Of Arkham series games
  • Dark
    Dark 3
    Demon
    Blood despite never playing it

Dark 2 hated it

Dark 2 with the rearranged enemies. They made a bad Souls even worse.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Demon's
    DkS1
    Bloodborne
    DkS3
    DkS2

Top two really fricking close tho. Lots of ways Dark is top. Fuck maybe it is top nnggg...
  • Dark Souls is the one.
    Then Bloodborne and Demon's.

I don't care all the much for DS2 or 3, or Sekiro if we're including that. I mean, they're still good, but not right up there.

If we're widening it a bit to include other Soulslike games, I'd stick Nioh 2 in just behind BB and Demon's. And Vigil: The Longest Night for a top 2D effort.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No one putting Sekiro on?
  • Oh yeah, should add that in somewhere. Need more time to decide where it sits
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    But it's not Souls or Bourne wtaf is happening now RTFM
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Might put Armoured Core down
  • regmcfly wrote:
    No one putting Sekiro on?

It’s not ‘SoulsBorne’.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Read page 1 ya momos
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    But we're on page 9. Never go back.
  • I’ve played the first hour of Dark Souls which was better than the first hour of Bloodborne.
  • Demons Souls
    Sekiro
    Bloodborne
    Dark Souls 3
    Dark Souls 1
    Dark Souls 2

Honourable not mainline Soulsborne games: Nioh (I haven’t played Nioh 2 yet but it would probably get a mention here!) and Remnant from the Ashes
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Yeah, if we're doing riffs from other devs, remnant would defo get a shout.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Almost, Digi. 

Bloodborne
    Demon’s
    Dark 1
    Dark 3
    Dark 2

I would normally have gone this way but after playing the remaster of dark and re-playing dark3 I just prefer how dark 3 plays.
  • Rev wants to include Sekiro, so mine is now:

Bloodborne
    Sekiro
    Demon’s
    Dark 1
    Dark 3
    Dark 2
  • digi wrote:
    Bloodborne
    Demon's souls
    Dark souls 3
    Dark souls
    Sekiro
    Remnant from the ashes
    Dark souls 2
    Nioh2
    Nioh

Updated to include others.
  • Eeeesh - tough one. I reckon my order is going to be different to most people's

Dark Souls 3
    Sekiro
    Dark Souls
    Bloodborne
    Dark Souls 2

I haven't played Demons Souls, but otherwise DS2 is the only one I haven't platinumed. Souls 3 wins because of how consistent it was throughout, and how good it was even when running through at SL1. 

Sekiro had the best combat and setting, but lost out on a bit of the variety that DS3 had. 

Bloodborne loses out because I didn't really enjoy the chalice dungeons. Still an amazing game and one of my all time favourites.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Next week is Yakuza btw, and then it's open season, so will take suggestions.
  • Best Paul Raymond publications.
  • Hmm why not something different, like... Uncharted?!
  • (4, 2, 1, 3)
  • DO SONICS!!! GOTTA GO RANK!!!
    WOAH CHILLI DOGZ!!!
    Bc7fXi5CMAAtvuH.jpg
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Hmm why not something different, like... Uncharted?!
    hylian_elf wrote:
    (4, 2, 1, 3)
    Correct.
  • As I've never played any, I shall rank based on other factors.

Demons Souls - The packaging is slightly thicker on this, and the marker pen stating "ALEX PAYDAY" is still visible on the back. It appears to have taken a slight knock in the bottom corner, but is otherwise in great condition. No rattling when shaken, so solidly packaged. States "best of 2009" twice on the box. Is called Black Phantom edition, which sounds cool and spooky.

Dark Souls -  Loses points for smaller packaging and a slight rattle. No 'best of year' noted, so clearly not the best game. Called 'Limited Edition', which is boring. Seal appears to be perfect.

Dark Souls 2 - I was convinced I had bought this one as well, but I can't see it. Maybe Rave bought it, and it's in the box of games on my landing. That possibility secures third place.

Bloodbourne - Zinthos downloaded this on my PS4, and I saw him play some of it. It looked nice, though the download took a while.

Sekiro - I don't know anything about this game, aside from I think it has ninjas in it, and ninjas are cool.

Dark Souls 3 - I have not had ownership of this in any form.
  • Late, but wtf. Also, haven't played Sekiro because I hate parrying.

1. Bloodborne - By this point From had perfected the genre. BB was stripped down to the esentials - no more feature creep of masses of weapons and spells, classes and builds reduced to essentials, and a no nonsense upgrade system. Weapons are a mix of sensible and batshit, brilliantly atmospheric, great enemies and level design. Sound and art are amazing. Difficulty pitched perfect.

2. Dark Souls - Excellent level design throughout, wonderfully atmospheric, an uninspired last act, but still gripping. Loses out due to some weapon upgrade and spell/ miracle bloat - I preferred more of a distinction between miracles (buffs/ support) and spells (offensive) that was in Demons.

3. Demons Souls - Almost joint 2nd. Only loses out because overall Dark Souls ironed out some of the half-baked elements such as the ott weapon upgrade system with too many variations of materials, the opaque tendency system, cheap enemy design (plus infinite recovery BP Satsuki - the c**t).

4. Dark Souls 2 - I'm only putting this above 3 because at least I was inspired to actually finish the damn game. Felt like overbaked fan service that was a frankengame of Dark and Demons - hence it's insistence of cramming in features from both games that didn't work together, e.g. estus & recovery items, and a seamless world that had Demons Souls dead ends requiing portals back to the hub.
    Game was clearly originally built around a de-emphasis on shields (so few characters start with one, plus there are torches and dual-wielding, plus there are so many mobs of enemies spamming you) and yet when you play, the combat can't cope with this, leading to you using really cheesy tactics. Plus the whole torch system is basically abandoned after the tutorial. Felt as though the B team were working on this and pinching ideas from the team making Bloodborne.

5. Dark Souls 3 - a better game than 2, but I've never felt compelled to complete it. It's another frankengame, this time of Dark Souls and Bloodborne, but I feel it desperately needed the rally system of BB. Plus it tried to add stealth (influence of Sekiro creeping in bo doubt) I just found it almost utterly unplayable.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Next week is Yakuza btw

LIES
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yakuza let's go.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Missed Forza, but mine was:

4. despite its issues, it’s the only driving game I’ve ever loved.

Definite gap here.

Dunno really between 2 and 3. Not a massive fan of either TBH.
  • Zero. One of my favourite games of the previous gen.

Hated the feel of the fights and baby pacifying in 6.

Turn based Yak isn't my jam so I binned Like a Dragon.

Other than that I played the opening section of a PS2 entry on a lunch break at Game once.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!