Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I was there last night too. It was
    Spoiler:
    as second last song.

Have to say, the stuff off Screen Violence by miles sounded best, especially
    Spoiler:
    , but both
    Spoiler:
    and
    Spoiler:
    utterly slapped too.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    For the attention of @DrewMerson I kept track of the songs last night coz I'm sad like that and trying to make playlists of gigs I go to now for the future because I'm provably over 250 gigs now and can barely member most of them. Met an old pal last night and she said "remember when we saw Shed 7 here in 2010" and I didn't think I'd ever seen them, let alone that late.

Anyway, here's the playlist for Andy and anyone else who would like to hear it. It's in order

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/56cYZxtKBc5UOpKdLy7oTj?si=wcFDHXwjRO6AVUm5bf2Dsg&utm_source=copy-link
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah we saw the support act and I wish I had his clearly surfer abs. Gutted if we missed each other. As I've said, I've seen Chvrches 4 times, including as support band, and this was the best. Would have loved to say hello
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sorry to interrupt the Chuvurches chat, but I hadn’t seen this thread before, and wanted to get in on it.

I decided to do this slightly differently. My favourite band, as I’m sure most of you know by now, is Radiohead, who simply have too many good songs for me to whittle down into a set list. Besides which, I’ve seen them too many times now and am too much of a Radiohead nerd not to fill the list with songs I love that I’ve never seen live (Electioneering, finally your time to shine). Instead, I’m going for my favourite band from when I was a teenager who I never saw live. Nirvana.

Track order, aside from the first and last of the main set and the encore could be shifted around, there are probably one or two tracks on there that could have been replaced by one or two others if I’d done this on a different day as well.

1. Serve the Servants
    2. Breed
    3. Polly
    4. School
    5. Very Ape
    6. Pennyroyal Tea
    7. Stay Away
    8. Aneurysm
    9. Come As You Are
    10. Rape Me
    11. Lithium
    12. All Apologies

Encore:

1. Heart Shaped Box
    2. You Know You’re Right
    3. Smells Like Teen Spirit
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Track 2 in the encore made me happy
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    DrewMerson wrote:
    Feck, were you near the merch stall with a mate at the end? I thought I saw someone who looked a bit like you but taller than I remembered. I wrote it off as just having you in my head because you got me into them.

You know this, I thought it was that track, because I could picture her singing that with her encore make-up on but, given how my brain works, I could picture her singing any of the songs in any of the outfits if I put my mind to it. Thanks for clarifying, and thanks for the set-list.

I agree that the Screen Violence stuff sounded best, I was just delighted to get some of the older stuff mixed in.

Did you see the support act? I thought the front man was a bit of a tool, but I liked their music. I was getting New Order vibes, especially from their opening track. They’ve got an EP on Apple Music, I’ll give it a few listens.

I realise I’m just old, but my only gripe from last night was how frequently I was having to look through a sea of mobile phone screens to see the band members.

All I could see on the support act was a wall of abs under a vest and a band that resembled early 00s Interpol / New Order / Editors et Al. They were called High-school and from Melbourne and were entirely inoffensive.

Also the blood stained encore was spectacular.
  • Can’t believe Yoss made a Nirvana playlist without Negative Creep. Wow.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That’s definitely one of the songs that could have been switched in had I made it on a different day.
  • dEUS (first 3 albums based)

1. Suds and Soda
    2. Little Arithmatic
    3. Memories of a Festival
    4. Gimme the Heat
    5. Fell off the Floor Man
    6. Magic Hour
    7. For the Roses
    8. Sister Dew
    9. Disappointed in the Sun
    10. Right as Rain
    11. Worse Case Scenario
    12. Instant Street

Encore
    13. Wake me Up Before I Sleep
    14. Hotel Lounge
    15. Secret Hell
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!