Elden Ring no spoiler tags friendly exploration thread
  • No mentioning it or speculation though please, I'd still like to find out for myself!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I'm a bit nervous of accidentally triggering Ng+
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Surely you’ll know the final boss when you see it? I can hazard a guess who it is.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I'm a bit nervous of accidentally triggering Ng+

you can’t accidentally trigger it, like most prior games, you have to opt in.
  • Damn this final boss is tough. Gonna leave it for a bit and do some more exploring
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Mohg Omen is finally down. It resorted to spamming the bleed flame thing over and over when close to death. So I used the shackle to get the last two hits in.
  • Was just teleported to volcano Manor from in the academy. Explored a bit but came across two of the iron maiden type enemies as a boss and gave up. Think I need some lightning or something to hurt them.
  • It's taken me ages to figure out how to use the secret medallion.
  • Finally beat the Valiant Gargoyles! I’m absolutely shattered now, need a lie down.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • n0face wrote:
    It's taken me ages to figure out how to use the secret medallion.

I never would have known, but I googled how to find a certain Talisman and it said I needed to go to the lift that I'd already used once. 

To have to select right with the d-pad to "use secret medallion" is a bit of a cheek.
  • ZMM wrote:
    n0face wrote:

I never would have known, but I googled how to find a certain Talisman and it said I needed to go to the lift that I'd already used once. 

To have to select right with the d-pad to "use secret medallion" is a bit of a cheek.

I also found this by accident or I probably never would have.
  • digi wrote:
    ZMM wrote:
    n0face wrote:

This is one of the things that annoys me. The quests to unlock new areas are so obscure there's no way you'll figure it out yourself. And it leads to one of the stunning areas of the game.

I've still got so many places I want to explore, I need to keep note book

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • digi wrote:
    ZMM wrote:
    n0face wrote:
    I never would have known, but I googled how to find a certain Talisman and it said I needed to go to the lift that I'd already used once.  To have to select right with the d-pad to "use secret medallion" is a bit of a cheek.

I think I may have discovered all of the above ground areas now as there are no "foggy" areas remaining :D

I know I haven't discovered all of the below ground areas as there's that pantheon-looking area I've not managed to reach yet.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    s/Pantheon/Parthenon/g get yo temples right

Its time will come...
  • Lol I’m walking around a level with the boss bar at the bottom and boss music playing even though I didn’t walk through fog door. Just saw someone’s message which said boss ahead but it was some random quiet corner. Walked forward and it triggered the boss on other side of the wall! Weird.
  • Ok I went up to the fog door and he hit me through it!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Good on im I say
  • Fire Giant - approach fog door from grace on horse, dismount horse (because torrent doesn't like fog) walk through fog door, get back on horse, gallop across a sizeable chunk of map, get near fire giant - get one shotted by fire giant by some invisible attack you can't see because he's 80 ft tall.

Repeat.

This game deserves more flak for being utter bullshit at times I'm sorry.
  • Fire Giant - approach fog door from grace on horse, dismount horse (because torrent doesn't like fog) walk through fog door, get back on horse, gallop across a sizeable chunk of map, get near fire giant - get one shotted by fire giant by some invisible attack you can't see because he's 80 ft tall.

Repeat.

This game deserves more flak for being utter bullshit at times I'm sorry.

Ironically enough, if you want to avoid his snow avalanche attack, if you dismount at the right time then the attack won't hit you.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Or don't get on the horse and roll through it as per standard
  • Getting on the horse appears to be instant death for me. I literally can't see the fucker attacking.

I'm level 100. I've recently respecced to a bleed build, I'm rocking rivers of blood like everyone else, I'm rife with upgrades, I have 100 hours + under my belt, yet this giant fuck is one shotting me on my horse. I'm wearing the most fire resistant armour and talismans I've found, I am steamrolling through the areas leading up to it - and I'm getting one shot nearly every attempt.

I've missed something or is this deliberate farm and grind time???
  • Level ten mimic ashes, summon the jar dude (his summons was on the left entrance), attack his leg lots. Fire giant went down in 3 trys.
  • I too am stuck at him. Spent 3 hours tonight.

I can dismount through his first attack like a pro but sadly that’s where the pro bit ends.

2nd phase just wrecks me.

Even used mimic ash on my final attempt.
  • n0face wrote:
    Level ten mimic ashes, summon the jar dude (his summons was on the left entrance), attack his leg lots. Fire giant went down in 3 trys.

I have level 10 mimic. Bleed on both weapons duel wielding and I'm getting nowhere.
  • I was stuck there for like a week, went and played some other shit for a couple days then came back to him and done him first time.

Trying to predict his movements/attacks are the hard part as he's so huge.

I don't have mimic wich is weird as I'm sure I beat a mimic tear or something?
    I also don't have rivers of blood whatever that is?

I did use my shield a lot when I couldn't predict what was coming and to give me drinking time on the estus..

Not sure that's any help.
  • Also no jar summon for me

I didn't have any summons!
  • Mimic Tear is from a path that branches off the area after Mimic Tear, you don't get it from the fight itself. Rivers of Blood is a Katana you can get off an NPC invader near the Fire Giant fight.

The trick to the fight is basically just to stick close to his feet, roll the attacks which have massive long-ass tells. Make sure you've got enough vigour to eat a hit cos you will have to take a few, given how long the fight is. In the second phase just keep an eye on where the fire appears, don't step in it. Job done.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Mimic Tear is from a path that branches off the area after Mimic Tear, you don't get it from the fight itself. Rivers of Blood is a Katana you can get off an NPC invader near the Fire Giant fight.

Ah I thought rivers was a skill so I probably do have it.
    Bleed does seem op as funk on this so perhaps I should switch the keen spear but it's got me thru most stuff.

Il have to remember where I got mimic tear and see if I can find mimic then, been avoiding looking shit up and just relying on here if I'm a bit stuck.
  • Based on his response you would think Tempy hasn't fought the Fire Giant. Second phase is just about avoiding the fire? There is a tad more to it than that.
  • I have beaten the game three times. Fire Giant is tough but the second half's additional wrinkle is the new fire stuff. Other than that you're largely avoiding the same attacks as phase one, and the fire AoE.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!