Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Has to be online, for how much influence it's had on gaming culture and direction, much of it for the worse.

I was thinking the other day about what'd happen if we sent a current console back to '90s devs. Graphics'd be worse, no doubt, and surely more bugs, but I think they'd punt out a fair few classics with the sort of imagination online gaming's widely trampled over.

It's not like we don't have modern talent, from Everybody's Gone to the Rapture's environment artists to Lucas Pope, but then compare Tekken to Tekken 3, where in just a couple of years it leapt a chasm in mechanics. I didn't care for its visual and audio changes from T2, but gameplay-wise it was a huge evolution. 25 years on and the latest version's very similar.

Or Call of Duty IV, which really brought its genre into the online age with 60fps and tight presentation, but hasn't offered much new in the 15 years since. Because it doesn't have to! Because online. Lots of those OGs drifted away, but ever-replaced by incoming yoot it doesn't matter.

Online multiplayer has given us all a shelf life.
  • Generous checkpointing is something I will never resent.
  • More memory must be up there too. It's all good, even the internet bit. Death Stranding is fucking top internet.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Nina wrote:
    Some tough ass competition has arrived!
    It's also a FFXIV butt! Well technically it's upgraded from X.

There's a lot of ass to judge in FFXIV.

This is an excellent and very important demonstration of Final Fantasy XIV butts. Works best if you have 300-400 hours of playtime, so you really get those puns, so I suggest you all get on it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    To swing back on-topic:

Hach.gif
  • Really wanna sink my teeth into those topics.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!