It's not E3 your wish list please
  • Re Persona, nice for those who haven’t played them I guess. I need to play Persona 3 but still undecided which version.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve not played them and that won’t change.
  • Get back to Halo, Forza and Gears, you.
  • You should be celebrating the fact that with release of Persona games, the Xbox will finally have some games worth playing!
  • We should be hearing more about the next Yakuza soon, shirley?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    You should be celebrating the fact that with release of Persona games, the Xbox will finally have some games worth playing!

I’ve got more games worth playing than time to play them.
  • I watched the Persona trailer just to remind myself how much it's not for me. I'm glad I waited for my girlfriend to leave the room first.
  • what are people saying to themselves to make it not feel weird idgi
  • I think I'm a fairly rational person but what if the ghost of a deceased relative is watching you play. Just imagine that. You know they'd raise an eyebrow.
  • Hmmm xbox presser was a bit meh

PSN - minkymu
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Persona definitely looks embarrassing.
  • Think I'm probably more kind to the xbox presser than some people here which is weird as I often dislike their shows - I actually think it was a really decent showing, especially given the "next 12 month" focus. There should be, in theory, at least one or two games for everyone in there that will appeal over the next year. 

I don't think it was THE BEST SHOW EVER but, like, these things are glorified ad reels and I basically only have a few requirements:

1. Have a nice mix of games - Mission accomplished
    2. Keep wanky CGI / non-gameplay representative sections to a minimum - Mission accomplished 
    3. Don't spend too long talking about the POWER of your console, HYPING UP what we are about to see (then delivering a CGI or brand tie-in fart) and repeatedly saying your TRADEMARK (e.g. don't speak like a human advertisement) - Mission accomplished

With the following optional:

4. A megaton or two just to get the E3 period HYPE ENDORPHINS going (arguably the one area where this didn't happen - Kojima, maybe? - but that was always likely with the focus being on games out soon to soonish)

Number 2 and 3 is usually where Microsoft fall down and they avoided that completely this year. It was a lean, fast, content packed showcase reminiscent of the Switch pre-launch showcase, or Sony's 2016 E3 show. Basically - mostly killer, little filler. Basically, if I'm gonna watch ads for 2 hours, at least make it go down smooth. Only downside on that front was having to listen to Todd Howard speak at the end but...that was always gonna happen. The dude is a nasty snake oil salesman and his voice and face make me gag (and not in a good way). Still, overall I preferred this to Xbox's 2019 showing which I think a lot of people saw as one of the better Xbox pressers.

With that out the way, I would break down the games shown into the following categories:

Yes please, hook it into my veins

Redfall - always up for more Arkane. Dishonoured was good, Deathloop was good, Dark Messiah was good, Prey was excellent. Have complete faith in them to deliver a good time. 
    Lightyear Frontier - seen it before. Was hyped for it then, and it looks even better now.
    Cocoon - looked stunning.
    PERSOOOOOOOOOONA 3P , 4G, 5R - obviously, this doesn't actually matter to me as I already own and have completed all 3 (multiple times) but this is a great deal if you've never played Persona before (like Noxy).
    Kojima - disappointed there was no actual game to reveal but...Kojima is Kojima. 

Looks cool

High on Life - looked interesting enough, would be curious to at least try it out at some point. More into the Stranger's Wrath vibes than the Rick and Morty vibes, but we'll see.
    Forza - looked lovely. GT7 was a really nice racer and am curious to see the next Forza instalment as well. Curious to see what the handling model feels like (GT7's was divine) and how the main campaign is put together. Looks gorgeous, that's for sure, and I like the fact that both of the main console sim series seem to have their own approach to colour palette. 
    Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels - wheeeeee. Looked colourful and fun. 
    Scorn - honestly, I think this might be a stinker but...I really hope it isn't. We need more grotesque body horror games with weapons and architecture that looks like alien pussy.
    Flintlock - looks kinda like Forsepoken if Forespoken looked 20% more jank and 40% more interesting. Not super hyped but...could be cool, dunno.
    Gunfire Reborn - played last year on PC. Fun little title.
    The Last Case of Benedict Fox - yeah, looked great. Hadn't seen it before - lovely surprise, this. 
    Pentiment - diet Obsidian, from a small splinter team. Will almost certainly give it a look when it comes out. Avowed deffo the big one, though. 
    Grounded 1.0 launch - looks fun, also Obsidian. 
    Sea of Thieves: Season 7 - thought this video was absolutely charming. 
    Ravenlok - not 100% sold on the gameplay I saw but the enemy designs looked great and Cococucumber have talent. 

No strong opinion either way

Plague Tale: Requiem - looked pretty, looked fine. 
    Flight Sim - looked pretty, looked fine. Not my thing but I still think it had a good showing and the Halo Pelican raised a genuine smile. 
    Ark 2 - I...am not greatly moved by Vin Diesel on a dinosaur. 
    Minecraft Legends - shitty trailer, and not super into Minecraft but I'm sure it'll have a decent audience.
    As Dusk Falls - I had no idea how I felt about this before. I still don't.
    Ereban: Shadow Legacy - forgot this existed until I double-checked a news roundup. 
    Wo Long - not a Team Ninja fan, but I know this will be a big announcement for a lot of people. Would have liked to see some proper gameplay, though.

Not into it

Silksong - know this will excite a lot of people. Not for me. 
    Riot Games Collab - they're not my tempo, and that's ok. 
    ARA - might be good, but this was one of the few guff non-gameplay trailers. 
    Naraka: Bladepoint 

Get that shit out of here, fuck no

Overwatch 2
    Fallout 76 - Pitt expansion thingy 
    Diablo 4
    Starfield 

So, overall - really strong. With a show like this, it's about finding a handful of games that appeal - not every game is gonna appeal to everyone. There was more than enough here that looked interesting to me, personally, and I'm sure games like Overwatch 2 and Diablo (and Starfield) are the big ones for others.
  • Redfall? Arkane??? Ooh I’ll look that one up. 

I trust you, Cinty, so I’ll look up Lightyear Frontier and Cocoon too.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Redfall gave me real L4D vibes in that trailer. It could well be a blast in co-op (apparently it can also be played SP, in case anyone’s wondering).
  • I think I'm a fairly rational person but what if the ghost of a deceased relative is watching you play. Just imagine that. You know they'd raise an eyebrow.

If my relative is all that and I should care about their opinion, then how come they died? 

#checkmate
    #logic
    #PersonaIsGreat
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Redfall gave me real L4D vibes in that trailer. It could well be a blast in co-op (apparently it can also be played SP, in case anyone’s wondering).

Yeah, deffo strong Left 4 Dead vibes, which is great. 

Arkane make bangers and I have complete trust they can make a great co-op shooter. Visually, looks really interesting as well, unlike some of the other L4D imitators. 

10/10 would play.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Oohh Gunfire Reborn, missed that. It's an absolute fucking banger.
  • Starfield looked like stutters greatness.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    VRR going to be putting in the work for that one, I hope.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    So... Did Microsoft win 'E3'?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Devolver had the best show.

Xbox Bethesda was a lot of yawning.

Actual first summer games fest was the worst probably.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m shocked that Davie didn’t enjoy the Xbox show. Shocked!

There are still a couple of shows left, but I’m not sure that there’s much to win when Microsoft was the only first party publisher to show up.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What's left?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    From the OP:

MONDAY, JUNE 13
    GUERRILLA COLLECTIVE 3.5
    1 p.m. PDT/4 p.m. EDT

After hosting its first of two streams on Saturday, the Guerrilla Collective returns to continue its showcase of indie games, including Above Snakes, Coral Island, NecroSmith, Spookulele, and more.

CAPCOM SHOWCASE
    3 p.m. PDT/6 p.m. EDT

Capcom will dive deeper into “details and news on previously announced titles” at its aptly named Capcom Showcase on Monday. Previously announced titles from Capcom include Street Fighter 6, the Resident Evil 4 remake, Pragmata, and Exoprimal. Will we see all of those games in the 35-minute showcase? Probably not, but tune in to find out.

TUESDAY, JUNE 14
    XBOX EXTENDED GAMES SHOWCASE
    10 a.m. PDT/1 p.m. EDT

If Sunday’s Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase wasn’t enough content for you, a second, extended look at upcoming Xbox games is coming on Tuesday, June 14. The 90-minute showcase promises new trailers, “deeper looks at the news from the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase,” and discussions with game creators.
  • Re: Redfall. Anyone else find Arkane gunplay to feel a bit... I dunno, off? Haven't really clicked with any of their games, despite their art & tone being right up my street.

Will check out Gunfire Reborn.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Re: Redfall. Anyone else find Arkane gunplay to feel a bit... I dunno, off?

Yeah, I know what you mean. Hoping they’ve improved it a bit for this, or that the co-op side makes up for it. The L4D gunplay wasn’t the best, but it didn’t matter when playing.
  • Will check out Gunfire Reborn.

You a fan of ARPGs / action roguelites? If so, it's basically that + Borderlands. Doesn't sounds like much to some but it has such a great feeling loop.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!