PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Fucks given: Zero

Amen.

Though to be honest I’m okay with it.  It’s part of the British brand and brings in a fuck load of tourism.  I don’t care about it one jot, but it’s bringing a whole bunch of people together in a positive way.  That’s something, at least.
    Get schwifty.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    Even if this country abolished the monarchy, I wouldn’t trust them to get the replacement right.

Worse rulers than a lifesize inflatable ET.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Nice arrows.

3rOaHRQ.gif
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Tbf, that was impressive.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Sometimes life is about looking for sweetcorn in a turd.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I think it once again shows how out of touch they are when we're in the middle of a shit show and yet we're spending millions on when some quine got ownership of the big house in London and all the nice full bank accounts. 
    Though with her not going to all the celebrations. you've got to wonder how ill she really is
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • What I have found quite staggering for sometime now is that there has been a complete absence of debate across all media outlets, both on the left and right, about why she hasn't abdicated yet.

Ever since she missed the war memorial stuff last November and most recently her inability to attend the opening of parliament, she is now incapable of performing as a functioning head-of-state.

The lack of dialogue on this subject, I find very worrying. Of course we all know why they're not talking about abdication. The Establishment are terrified of Charlie taking the throne and his 'spider writing' hastening the end of the monarchy.

But the longer Lizzy clings limply to the throne, the more damage to the institution she does.

It really is a no win situation for those who seek to preserve the monarchial system.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Pretty sure that the best thing she can do to preserve the monarchy in the long term is outlive Charles.
  • None of the things she does actually matter. You could have a rotating series of actors and it would make no difference.
  • That still confuses me tbh.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • None of the things she does actually matter. You could have a rotating series of actors and it would make no difference.

Don't be so sure.
    [20220603-125744.jpg
  • Yep, I know she is 'all for show', but there are certain things like the signing of legislature (?) and granting permission to form a new government etc that transcends symbolism and are pretty much full on head of state level things. And she can't do any of that stuff now, essentially meaning our form of parliamentary democracy could be viewed as being in a state of paralysis or at the very least a laughing stock (Charlie sitting next to a empty seat with Queenie's headless crown next to him).
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I reckon she’s been dead a while and they’ve been using an actor. Reckon we’ll get an official death announcement in a few weeks.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Zombie Lizard Queen
  • I think I'd have had an email by now if she'd popped off, although there's a strong chance I may have opted out of that nonsense last time they updated their plans.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    I reckon she’s been dead a while and they’ve been using an actor. Reckon we’ll get an official death announcement in a few weeks.

We’ve seen photos of her recently, if that’s an actor, it’s an unbelievably good likeness, and I stress the unbelievable part.

As for her duties, such as they are, they’re all getting done, so who cares?
  • It is incredible the lengths they have gone to preserve her to date. It was leaked sometime ago when she was still well enough to travel for official engagements that her cavalcade was always accompanied by a traveling blood bank, just in case like.
  • Yossarian wrote:

As for her duties, such as they are, they’re all getting done, so who cares?

If Boris did resign tomorrow, who would Truss, Patel or Sunak go to to seek permission to form a new government? Not Lizzy, that's for sure.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Why not? Presumably she doesn’t need to do much more than nod.
  • The only good thing to come out of this whole pathetic Platty Jubbly so far is this:

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1532667634877087749?t=am_ORPwrQUG27tk7YE3_2A&s=19
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I want Davyk to post a gif of his face reading this thread.

Coffee down nose there.

I love a bit of pomp as most of you know. We/they do it well and I hear the Yanks are lapping it up. It is one of those things that sets the UK apart and I believe it would be a shame to lose it.

The flyby was quite something. I like hearing the historic bits - this regiment/company was set up by Henry VIII is 15-whatever etc. and they have the same dress uniform etc. Frankly I wouldn't trust any other organisation to preserve all this stuff. I think the best way to think about the monarchy is as an organisation that manages an estate in trust on behalf of the UK citizens. It's best to try and see past the individuals - and try and see a family/lineage as a way of selecting one or two people each couple of generations who are fit to keep it going. Like any family they have their arseholes. Convenient for Andrew to have covid today.   Maybe there's a better way of selecting custodians but on form of late I wouldn't trust the arsehole electorate.

What is nice about this weekend is that it is a genuine slice of history. New pieces of music etc. that will be used in future events if the monarchy and its trappings remain.

The general toff-ery grates with most - me included. The fawning grates more with me to be honest.

Stuff like the slimlining of the balcony gathering is a sign of some change which will be to the good.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Why not? Presumably she doesn’t need to do much more than nod.

She wouldn't be well enough to formally receive Sunak etc. And then Charlie would have to step in. But he hasn't been sworn in as King yet, so lacks powers to give consent to form a new government.

Constitutional crisis a go-go.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Again, what is she actually required to do in that situation? I expect that whatever it is, it would be doable as long as she isn’t in a vegetative state. We’ve surely had ill monarchs before without government grinding to a halt.
  • @davyK. The French etc managed to hold impressive fly bys without a monarch. I hear despotic regimes have even better ones.

New pieces of music? What, has Elton done us another corker like this one for mad dead Lizzy:

• I'd really like a Constitution please. A written down one. Then at least a crisis would revolve around whether some people had been jolly good chaps or rotten spoil sports and then the person just changing the rules to make sure they didn't have to resign. 

Daily Express telling lies again about the booing for Meghan and Harry. 
    GBNews and Sky News are saying Booris didn't get boos. Through maybe if he hadn't got booze in the first place people wouldn't being booing him now.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    @davyK. The French etc managed to hold impressive fly bys without a monarch. I hear despotic regimes have even better ones. New pieces of music? What, gas Elton done us another corker like this one for mad dead Lizzy:

Do you really think I believe the monarchy organises flybys? It gives the occasional reason for one. Why else would be do them?

And as for Elton - Oh please.

I'm talking about a hymn that was used at the thanksgiving service.
  • Tank Topped Booze Boy
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Rev wrote:
    I'd really like a Constitution please. A written down one. Then at least a crisis would revolve around whether some people had been jolly good chaps or rotten spoil sports and then the person just changing the rules to make sure they didn't have to resign.  Daily Express telling lies again about the booing for Meghan and Harry.  GBNews and Sky News are saying Booris didn't get boos. Through maybe if he hadn't got booze in the first place people wouldn't being booing him now.

I agree re a constitution - and it's because we selected jackals for office. Not because we have a figurehead.

Boris seemed to get some cheer, as did Harry and Meghan.
  • I love that vowel free rendition.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!