Happy Platty Jubbly Ma'am
‹ Previous12345
  • Because there comes a time when the entire nation needs to come together and remember that even though they can't feed themselves, or afford to light and heat their homes, or drive to work. A woman has made it her life's work to have a huge amount of money, lots of houses and the right to tell us we're all not as good as she is and her family. 

Or 

She's spent most of her life tied up in tradition, service and never being able to live a normal life, with her and her families' every move monitored and reported on and it's good that we are celebrating what she brings to the country and the Union. 

What's your favourite member of royalty in a videogame?  I think the King in BOTW is pretty cool.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    King in Tekken was alreet
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah but you get Thursday off LONG LIVE OUR MONARCHY
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Fucks given: Zero
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The Prince of Persia was a good egg
  • I'm a staunch republican, would abolish the monarchy etc, but tomorrow I'm off to the gf's parents place to have a full on bunting and gawd bless 'er bbq. I've been getting my Wolfe Tones greatest hits playing out of my system today because I don't want to be a bastard, but the long weekend is nice tbh (although working today).
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    We're off to a bbq tomorrow also, so we can all agree jubilee = bbq so again LONG LIVE OUR MONARCHY
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Bring your own scissors.

Crusader Kings was full of proper cunts
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Child of a Northern Irish Catholic. I'm clearly having one today.
  • I am not a royalist nor am I anti royals, I have nothing against the queen and her ilk and wish them no harm.

However personally having seen the costs for the celebrations in London I'm appalled that we have to accept that our country is happy to spaff tens of millions up the walls for a party for her Madge when millions are struggling to eat or heat their homes.

As such I am done with it all and taking a break from the news for a few days
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m enjoying the four day weekend at least. We can get back to abolishing the monarchy on Monday.
  • I'm sure I would appreciate it more if I wasn't already on Paternity Leave.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Fuck that whole entire family of racist freeloading nonces.
  • Fuck that whole entire family of racist freeloading nonces.
  • I am not a royalist nor am I anti royals

I don't get this stance. I don't mean anyone, even the Windsor family, harm, but I can't fathom why we still have a mediaeval thing like a royal family in 2022. If we abolished the monarchy they'd still be celebrities, they'd still earn, people would still visit Buckingham palace etc. That's our land and money they have, it should be serving the people. What, because however many years ago their ancestor killed someone else to claim it, means they own it? Are we still meant to think they're chosen by god? It's Harry Potter, Game of Thrones bullshit. Abolish the monarchy. Reclaim what belongs to us.
  • I get your point and neither agree not disagree with it.
  • Neither agree nor disagree? So what's your stance?
  • You support the Windsors but not?
  • If I'm honest I don't really know what my stance is. I don't really care enough to want to support them nor do I have any sort of hatred towards them.

I suppose I feel the same way as I do about the neighbours three doors down.
    I smile when I seem them but wouldn't miss them if they all fucked off
  • That's fine, but removing them as people (which you seem to be focusing on), what do you think about having a family of superiors as a thing?
  • The question is about the monarchy as a thing, not the Windsors as people.
  • Your neighbours three doors down don't leech money from you and I and everyone else.
  • Nobody actually comes to the UK to see the Royals except heads of state. Tourists comes for the other stuff, like Buckingham Palace or those funny looking guards. All that can obviously stay.
  • Nobody actually comes to the UK to see the Royals except heads of state. Tourists comes for the other stuff, like Buckingham Palace or those funny looking guards. All that can obviously stay.

Exactly. The Windsords themselves would stay also, it's not like they're going away. They'd be celebrities, talk shows, reality shows, whatever. They'd still do their thing, just fucking cut off the public purse.
  • Does my lack of a strong stance either way bother you? It does seem that way.

Having a family of "superiors" doesn't sit too well with me. I do agree that it's a thing that is no longer relevant to our way of lives in this country, it is quite an antiquated idea. But I'm also kind of fond of the fairy tale type of idea of a queen and princes etc as a tourist attraction and for the kids.

But then I think about the massive gap between what they have and some of the poorest in our country struggling to get by and I get angry.
    So yea...

Not really helping much am I?
  • I actually do agree with your point made above, stop funding them with our money
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They don’t get that much from taxes, most of their money comes from all the land they own.
  • I'm also aware of the fact that if I am dead against the Etonian ruling class and my desire to burn the whole fucking class down then I should in theory be against the monarchy.
‹ Previous12345

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!