WTF is coming out soon that I should be hype about?
  • Still Shenmue III for me. Never give up on the dream guys
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    FFXVI is never coming out in the next XII months.
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I mean it will probably release a bit later in summer 2023 but I'm not that pessimistic about it. There were vague rumours about it releasing this year at one point so it seems like it's already been delayed to an achievable release timeframe.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • It’s summer 2023, so I’m putting it at the edge of 12 months.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Is Ragnarok this year? If so that's the only one I can think of near that I'd want to play.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There are more games in my existing pile of shame than I will ever play , never mind complete.

Anyone who is into modern shmups is having a high old time actually - especially if one owns a PC. Lots of indie efforts that a few YT channels enthusiastically play and review so the rest of us get to play the best of 'em.   It hurts not being able to collect physical copies of them but some make it onto Switch (which for some reason has , with PS, become a welcoming home for the genre).
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Is Ragnarok this year? If so that's the only one I can think of near that I'd want to play.

Not confirmed but we should find out soon-ish. Seems to be late 2022 or, maybe, early 2023.
  • b0r1s wrote:

Not confirmed but we should find out soon-ish. Seems to be late 2022 or, maybe, early 2023.

Devs said on twitter its definitely this year.
    (It's been rated In Korea already)

• Too many games to do a list.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It’s summer 2023, so I’m putting it at the edge of 12 months.

If Starfield, Avowed and FFXVI come out next year then that’s an embarrassment of riches for the likes of me. Mind you, after FFXV, which I did not like at all, I’m a little cautious of getting too excited about a new Final Fantasy.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    It’s summer 2023, so I’m putting it at the edge of 12 months.
    If Starfield, Avowed and FFXVI come out next year then that’s an embarrassment of riches for the likes of me. Mind you, after FFXV, which I did not like at all, I’m a little cautious of getting too excited about a new Final Fantasy.

XV was made by a mix of the Type-0, Kingdom Hearts and 13 peeps, iirc.

XVI is:

Project Lead - Naoki Yoshida - Director / Producer of FFXIV
    Creative Director and Writer - Maehiro - Lead writer of Heavensward, also worked on FF Tactics (Quest and Event Planner), Vagrant Story (Main level desinger) and XII (Main Battle System Designer)
    Art Director - Mingawa - FF Tactics, Vagrant Story, FFXII, Stormblood and Shadowbringers
    Main Director - Takai - FF5, SaGa, Last Remnant, Legend of Mana, FFXI
    Combat Director - Ryota Suzuki - Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Onimusha, DmC 4 and 5, Dragon's Dogma
    Character Designer - Takahashi - FFIX, X, XI, XIV 
    Lead Composer - Soken - FFXIV 

It's an actual dream team full of people who did all the Ivalice games, FFIX, FXIV and even all the way back to the Chrono games.
  • Tonally it'll be far, far closer to a Matsuno game than a Nomura one.
  • Sounds like a dream team indeed! So exciting. 

It’s like when they did Chrono Trigger back in the day, with a dream team of artist and designer and writer and composer etc.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Tonally it'll be far, far closer to a Matsuno game than a Nomura one.

I was literally going to say if only we had Matsuno on board!
  • If I don't have one before then, ffxvi is definitely what will make me get a ps5
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    It’s like when they did Chrono Trigger back in the day, with a dream team of artist and designer and writer and composer etc.

That's actually the legit best comparison if you look at the who's who of Squeenix right now.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I really should play an FF game at some point. I'm an hour into FFVII remake.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Tonally it'll be far, far closer to a Matsuno game than a Nomura one.
    I was literally going to say if only we had Matsuno on board!

Yeah, not sure what the deal is with Matsuno - he worked with Yoshida on 14 for the Ivalice raid series and they're close friends. He also obviously knows a lot of the dev staff already from Vagrant Story, XII and Tactics. Can only assume he didn't want to be back in a lead role on another mainline FF after having to leave 12...

But that's just speculation.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think Final Fantasy XVI is one of those things where it's like, who knows really. The combat is clearly gonna be quite different based on the staff working on that and the footage we've seen. Some of the screenshots also make it look a bit Final Fantasy XV-esque in terms of exploration. But the general leadership and story staff are promising and I think what mainline FF really needs right now is a cracking story. I'm optimistic, it's just one of those games where it's hard to get super-hyped because there's not a super-clear lineage from a successful previous project.
  • You thinking it's deisgn by committee?  Might end up being a camel?
  • I have a lot of faith as it's mainly the XIV team, and I adore that game (genuinely one of the best FF games ever made) but I know a lot of people haven't played that one here because it's an MMO.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    You thinking it's deisgn by committee?  Might end up being a camel?

No, it could be amazing but if you ignore the series numbering there was kind of a progression from VII > VIII > X > XIII in terms of the dev team whereas this is a bit more of a new thing that doesn't follow on from anything else (probably the closest thing is FFXIV although it'll still be very different due to being an MMO). I guess what I'm saying is I'm 'new IP' levels of excited for this rather than, like 'I liked Uncharted and now Uncharted 2 is coming out' type of excited if that makes any sense.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The combat looks a bit meh
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Calisto Protocol set my DS sensors alert and might be the game I'm most interested in now.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'd take announcements for Tekken 8 and Uncharted: Chloe's Fortune.
  • Uncharted: Nolans Fortune.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Charted: Drake takes a mini-break to Paris.
  • He would've came back, he just needed time.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    You should definitely be Hype for Xenoblade.

Special Edition pre-orders start tomorrow.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    In the US, they're starting not long before the game releases in Europe for some mad reason.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!