Keep, give away, delete from history - gaming marry/shag/kill.
‹ Previous123
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Inspired by a random geezer off them Twitters, I thought this could be fun.

Which system would you keep, which would you give to a friend, and which would you delete from history?

Dreamcast
    Super Nintendo
    ColecoVision

Personally, I'd keep the Dreamcast (natch), give the SNES to a friend (who lives nearby), and delete the Coleco. Nothing against the latter, but I have no experience of it, so I have no feelings towards the machine.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Keep the SNES

One of you lot can have the Dreamcast

I've not even heard of a ColecoVision so deleting it from history will cause me not harm whatsoever
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Kill Sparky, shag Dante and marry Swirl.

• Sticking to systems Ive owned personally only:

Keep Switch for Zelda and streets of rage 4.
    Give away a Neo Geo Pocket Colour because it's guaranteed to be something they won't have played but is still amazing quality
    Delete 360. The reliability issues and having to deal with returns for customers with uncooperative Microsoft policies with launch hw were unforgivable.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Keep dreamcast
    Give away she's
    Delete the Coleco

I feel this would work better with 3 strong choices. The Coleco feels an easy delete.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    ...marry Swirl.

Especially if you agree with..
    Vela wrote:
    Give away a Neo Geo Pocket Colour because it's guaranteed to be something they won't have played but is still amazing quality

<3
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I’d keep the Switch, because it’s an everything machine. Give away the PS5 (so I could pop round and use it), and delete the Game Gear, which I never really clicked with.
  • Keep the ColecoVision obviously.  Next question.
  • I just can't imagine living in a world without my Apple Bandai Pippin.
  • Keep N64. Some of the greatest games of all time. I have great memories of 4 player smash bros with friends. But also Perfect Dark, MK64, Goldeneye, etc.

Give away PS5, to a friend who can sell it. It's too big and looks shit, especially the disc drive version, was a clear afterthought. No games, hardware being so hard to get has wrecked it. Scalpers have ruined everyone's fun, needs to be addressed in future console releases. Controller has features that a lot of devs already don't take advantage of. The fan noise is really loud compared to series S/X. Also mine makes a weird mechanical rattling noise which is not fan-related but something to do with internal components.

Delete Gamecube. I feel like Nintendo tried to make their version of a PS2 rather than do their own thing, lots of really average games like Mario Sunshine which was average/borderline garbage, and Waverace Blue Storm or whatever it was called. I feel like the console could have easily finished Nintendo but the DS saved them. After the N64 it was a real disappointment.
  • I'd keep a million quid, shag Kelly Brook, and get rid of the Tory government.

or if we're paying attention to the OP then I'd keep SNES, give away dreamcast and delete colecovision
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Keep: XBox 360.  Quite possibly the best console ever.
    Give: SNES.  To a friend who never tasted the delights.
    Delete: erm... Virtual Boy?  It was pretty much pointless, right?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • delete the 3DO
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Keep: PC, cos you can play everything anyway (pretty much)
    Give: Switch (it would be gathering dust, but it's in a case)
    Delete: PS3 (of all the consoles I've owned it had to be the worst)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    This is an impossible task.

The PS2 is possibly the greatest workhorse ever. Something for everyone. That would likely be my keeper (this week). Ask me next week and it would be the 360 - the PS2's successor.

Give. Saturn. But only to someone I really like and would visit regularly.

Bin. Those Megadrive addon monstrosities. They played a major part on Sega's downfall. Fuck them.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Keep 360, give away PS3, kill the fucking Wii
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Kill Sparky, shag Dante and marry Swirl.

Wat
  • Keep 360, give away PS3, kill the fucking Wii

I changed my answer.

Give DS a ouya
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • you all (with a few exceptions) deserve to be binned for ignoring the specific consoles Swirl wanted to play the game with.
  • Oh it's only those 3?
  • In that case keep the SNES, delete the Dreamcast and give the Colecovision to someone annoying.
  • Delete all of them.
  • Keep Coleco
    Give SNES
    Delete Dreamcast

Am I doing it right?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • well it's closer than playing shag/marry/kill and just picking any three you want! ;)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Am I doing it right?

Yup.

Though we seem to have two games going on. The first uses the choices in the OP, while lots of other people seem to be picking their own machines for each category. Which is fun, too.

Also, I need a best man, and Sparky needs to go into hiding.
  • Game 1: Delete all of them

Game 2: Delete all of them except the Gamecube, delete all games except Warioware.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Keep give delete, Nintendo flop edition:

N64DD
    Wii U
    Virtual Boy

Keep the Wii U, because it had a few genuinely excellent titles. Give the N64DD because, while a flop, it was at least an interesting idea. Delete the Virtual Boy. Rushed to market and made to a price point, it probably never should have seen the light of day. And I'm still not convinced I want a console jammed on my face/strapped to my head anyway.
  • Keep Virtual Boy, cos i never played it and it would be an interesting curiosity
    give the Wii U cos it would prob be fun for someone
    delete the N64DD as i never had any need of it (I'm also assuming deleting this doesn't delete the actual N64)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'd find it very hard to ditch any console I own I have to be honest  - even though most of them don't get much play time any more. The games sit on the shelves of shame, mocking me, much like some big fat unread books I have sitting on the bookshelf.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!