Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Thanks for this thread! I've now spent the last 4 hours playing this game and can no longer afford my mortgage, my wife is leaving me and the dog's been sick on the stairs!
  • I've had it on my phone for a bit and played it 3 times, I think. I lay some cards, I win a game, some flashy messages appear telling me I've earned X, Y and Z, I find something else to do.

Maybe it gets interesting, but it doesn't start out interesting, and I can't stand the presentation.
  • Have played this, and liked it a fair bit, but rarely play anything on my phone so can't claim to be level 1 bazillion like everyone else. 

I also enjoyed the piece Eurogamer did on the Agatha card.
  • Gonna bring this game up any time I'm ripped for being a fut rat.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I have not played this. I do not intend to play this. There's an 87% chance I'd hate it and a 13% chance I'd get addicted, neither of which are great outcomes.
  • It’s a great game this. I’ve been playing it almost every day for past few months. I’m all in on the Ironheart / Wong / Onslaught / Odin combo with Magik played on turn five. Get the order right and most opposition players think you’re losing only for you to drop Odin on turn seven to get a 4 x 6 x 4 = 96 points on your final turn. If you stick to only using two locations that’s pretty much 48 points per location. So satisfying.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Wong gets a straight Cosmo from me. Worst card in the game.
  • regmcfly wrote:

C’mon now, who uses Cosmo honestly? Play the game to win on your terms and not by negating the creativity of others. You know it to be true.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Its a legit card in the game, it can absolutely be used to win on my own terms, which involve getting Wong telt.
  • regmcfly wrote:

C’mon now, who uses Cosmo honestly? Play the game to win on your terms and not by negating the creativity of others. You know it to be true.

Cosmo to fuck off Galactus simps.

I had a denial deck for a while, designed entirely around annoying other players.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Enough of this denial decks madness. My other favourite move is Venom then Arnim Zola at Bar Sinister. I’ve only done it once or twice but so sweet when it pays off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FhEMx5I2SnY

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

Cosmo to fuck off Galactus simps.

I had a denial deck for a while, designed entirely around annoying other players.

I'm a full blown Nimrod, Wolverine, Galactus absolute prick. Teamed with flooding with the Gobbos, it's fun.

Currently rolling Thanos at the moment tho.
  • I'm still doing my Move deck, but have been having a go with an Agatha discard deck which is very confusing for your opponent.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    I'm still doing my Move deck, but have been having a go with an Agatha discard deck which is very confusing for your opponent.

Would love a go on that. What's the 12?
  • Blade, Morbo, Wolverine, Okoye, Colleen Wing, Moon Knight, Sif, Swordmaster, Hellcow, Hela, Apocalypse, Agatha.

You can swap in Swarm, Black Cat etc. for preference.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    DrewMerson wrote:
    I started playing this yesterday. I take it when you talk about ‘Move decks’ that there are more cards like Nightcrawler whose position you can change, and you fill a deck with them so that in the final round you can redistribute them as you need them? Or is it something else entirely?

A "move" deck involves about 6-7 characters who all get a Heimdell at the end of the round and cause absolute chaos.

If you're new,just fuck around and find out, and then if a particular card seems intriguing let us know and I'm sure someone can build a deck around that.

You want to be at least 470 level before the fu starts, which i know can be a big slog.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    I started playing this yesterday. I take it when you talk about ‘Move decks’ that there are more cards like Nightcrawler whose position you can change, and you fill a deck with them so that in the final round you can redistribute them as you need them? Or is it something else entirely?

Yeah, there's a few cards that can move and a few cards that move those cards.
  • Level 5015 on this currently using a discard deck.

# (1) Sunspot
    # (1) Nebula
    # (2) Morbius
    # (2) Wolverine
    # (2) Invisible Woman
    # (2) Colleen Wing
    # (3) Moon Knight
    # (4) Dracula
    # (5) Stature
    # (5) M.O.D.O.K.
    # (6) Hela
    # (6) Apocalypse
    #
    eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJhY3VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9kb2sifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldvbHZlcmluZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9vbktuaWdodCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3RhdHVyZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGVsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXBvY2FseXBzZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW52aXNpYmxlV29tYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvbGxlZW5XaW5nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb3JiaXVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOZWJ1bGEifV19
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Playing modok and hela behind an invisible girl, means you discard the deck before pulling it back in on turn 6.

Wrote this in February for folks getting started which is a bit out of date but gives you a few ideas for starter decks.

https://werenotwizards.blogspot.com/2023/02/marvel-snap-strategy-decks-my-five.html
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    The majority of replies to this so far are basically the reason I never started a thread.

Thanks reg for giving me a reason to frequent this dark corner of (mostly) negativity more than I currently do :)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You're welcome. Drew, I'll post my successful move deck later. Uses cards like Human Torch, who doubles power each time he moves, Dagger, who gets +2 for each enemy card at the location it goes to and so on. Others, like merging a Vulture (+5 when it moves) with a Hulk Buster, can become really powerful.

Hit it with a Heimdell at the end and the opponent usually doesn't do the mental maths for all the chaos.

Yesterday I finally cleared Pool 3, and I'm on level 88 with the season pass, mostly due to pinning and saving for a High Evolutionary deck that can be ruthless if you keep hitting the opponent with a Cyclops.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Move decks are too predictable. It’s almost a given that it’s Heimdell at the end. I always stack right.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Drop a Jeff
  • Got High Evo at the weekend - the energy reduction element is easily countered with Luke Cage, but if you can get Hulk and Abomination going with it before they can get him out it's pretty good. I've added in Thor and Jane Foster for bit of a fall back too.

I find my most successful decks are the ones with a built in second win condition or at least a few defence/offence cards to counter. My move deck has Moon Girl and Devil Dino in case I can't get the main win condition met. I also really love playing my Cerebro3 deck as it's full of cards that fuck with the playing field as well as your opponent. Must be so frustrating to play against.

Stuck in the early 70s this season as I've been playing a lot of the new conquest mode which can be either great fun as you try and suss each other out over 5 or 6 rounds, or and exercise in frustration if you get a bad match up.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Haven't got going with Conquest outside of the starter rounds, but understand how it can be insane.

What's Cerebro3?
  • A deck of 3 power cards with Bast, Cerebro and Mystique to buff (+4 on every card the same power). Lots of cards that destroy or change locations or fuck with opponent placement.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Drop a Jeff

I can’t remember the last time I got a new card, seriously.

• Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Conquest needs to have the ability of using more than one deck or I see it dying quickly.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, 5 matches against a deck you know you can't beat isn't much fun.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!