Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Nice post fella. I hate coming up against that High Evo deck. I just have no clue how to play it!

For your collection level you have some pretty decent pulls there :)
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    This game, I swear. I know their are bots but every time I pull a card (in this case Selene) either my opponent magically has the right cards/archetype to perfectly counter me or my deck/hand is not given to me in an order that allows me to be competitive.

I’m only at 72 but I genuinely think I have lost more than I have won. It’s not the first time it’s happened to me either!
  • Can I just ask as a complete outsider (I did play it when it came out, it just, um, didn't take off for me), how forced are mtx on this? And if so, how much you guys chucking at it?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    There’s a Season Pass every pass every four or five weeks but it’s optional. There are new cards most weeks. Some are meta and some aren’t but anything that’s over-powered gets jumped on quick by the devs (if only EA were this quick).

I’d say they ‘encourage’ you to spend, but there is no need to (look at Drew’s last post - he hasn’t spent a penny). You can be more than competitive without doing so.
  • Fair enough. Honestly just looking to subconsciously tell myself it's okay I'm probably the only one here hooked on a game where it's baaaaad bad (fifa) and do throw the odd tenner a month at it. I knew you'd be a good barometer mate :)
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I just started a guest account from scratch just to see what the experience is like for a newcomer.

If nothing else, there are a stack of Winterverse rewards up for grabs free including a Magneto variant. It’s a strong card so worth picking up.
  • Fair enough. Honestly just looking to subconsciously tell myself it's okay I'm probably the only one here hooked on a game where it's baaaaad bad (fifa) and do throw the odd tenner a month at it. I knew you'd be a good barometer mate :)

Some people sub to multiple streaming services, some buy the FN season pass, some get Snap pass, others buy booze. I don't think you need to look for approval if you have disposable income and want to spend it on something you enjoy, main thing is not over spending. Enjoy what you enjoy m8.

• I know, I know, it just feels so dirty and is such a toxic community to go with.
  • I've only ever bought one season pass on this and I've never felt that I need to spend any cash to be competitive. It's so well balanced that no matter what new cards come out there's always an existing counter or a patch coming to sort any issues.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I chuck a bit in each month for the season passes, and confess I've picked up some gold bundles over the last couple months to take advantage of their doubled amounts offer. But I've had some cash to spend and honestly have literally played every day so feel it's probably justified.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Inspired by ADKM's awesome post a page back, I've taken pics of my main decks and will upload shortly.

Did want to put tuppence in on season pass - it's encouraged but absolutely not essential. I do get it every month for two reasons,

1) like Kaz, I literally play every day, usually around 15-20 matches, so happy to chuck Devs a bit of cash for that.

2) I've never spent £10 on it since someone on here flagged up Google rewards app to me - genuinely, if Google want to know the ungodly amount of houmous we buy each week at lidl, let them. Usually I pay between £3-7 depending on opinion surveys / number of shops, and it just tallies up. A couple of times because of the Google store points giving me enough for a voucher, I've paid nothing. .
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This is my standard deck "Evolve It".

qhA9NIm.png

This normally sorts me to Infinity, really quite dependent on drawing Cyclops, who can decimate a team, Deadpool, or sort out a Kyln or Vault.

I'll sometimes swap to "Snap It", just for mixing things up. It can also help against the current Debris / Annhilius combo.

UN0Sf4K.png

It is a little bit of a troll deck, so I prefer the Evolve one.

"Venom It" was my goto when Galactus was new and I just pulled him randomly. It's an even bigger shitty deck so I don't really use it, plus the up and down changes to Galactus as they still keep figuring him out means it can be unpredictable.

EiaHvAg.png

For some reason all my decks are "X It", just something I started for no reason. Probably like most people I have decks to just rattle through certain missions.

"Ongo It" probably needs an update, particularly after the recent nerf to Prof X. It was an early deck based on the cards at hand.

grFfSwu.png

When I saw a lot of Patriot plays at the start of the year I made this "Pump It Normies" deck. I don't really like it, and I think in terms of the Meta, Patriot has been pushed aside. This gets 0 play these days.

V8MILkL.png

"Reveal It" was one of the first decks I made, and Devil Dinosaur feels out of place now, but it does the job when I need to hit that quota. Nowhere near as good as the Ongoing one.

M9L1lBn.png

"Move It" still gets the odd rotation outside of missions. The Heimdall 6 turn is so old it feels like some players have forgotten about it. I still like the whole process.

1oAWaLL.png

"Wreck It" is self explanatory. It's my Hela deck. I stil feel quite not in control of it, so it's not used often.

oCycjZ5.png

I haven't posted Bounce It or Shaw It as they're still being tweaked with, but there's the current reg plays.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    It’s funny playing again from scratch. The game chucks so many cards at you from the get-go. I suppose it can be a bit overwhelming but because they’re ’basic’ cards, it still feels manageable.
  • Similarly inspired by Drew, here are some of my decks if anyone is interested.

I'm currently playing this bounce deck, which is a modified Collector deck but actually focusses more on Bishop and replaying lots of 1-power cards. Havok is useful in the last 2-3 rounds a long as you can Beast him back into your hand so he doesn't kill your energy levels.
    Screenshot-20231229-170154-2.png

I've got 2 discard decks - HeliDiscard and High Stakes discard. The former focusses on a combination of pushing Morbo with the aid of MODOK and/or getting targeted discards on Swarm and Heli. Hela isn't quite as vital to winning as in other discard decks and Devil Dino is in there as an alternative win-condition. The latter is almost entirely dependent on getting MODOK and Hella in under the Invisible Woman but is pretty much unstoppable if you do and don't get countered by Cosmo or Rogue etc.
    Screenshot-20231229-172759-2.png
    Screenshot-20231229-175504-2.png

My Mr Negz deck is a hard one to get going, but great fun if you can get him played early using Zabu or Psylocke. Bast is in there to boost your zero power cards if needed.
    Screenshot-20231229-172844-2.png

I really like my GotG deck - its great fun forcing players into responding to your plays and then hitting them with the Guardians. Cosmo is in there for defence.
    Screenshot-20231229-172915-2.png

Haven't used Cerebro3 for a while but it often confuses players who can't guess what you're aiming for. The trick is to keep all of your cards at 3-power, using the location changing cards to support this where needed and Bast to change those cards in your hand that aren't 3's. The ideal win condition is finishing with Cerebro and Mystique, but Iron Man is in there for back up if needed. It's also fun Valkyrie-ing people who think they have you beat.
    Screenshot-20231229-172823-2.png
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Let's make this forum a Snap sub Reddit lads.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I get just using standard cards, but I highly suspect my pixel Bast gets an absolute snort of laughter from my opponent when I play my Bounce deck.

I like to think it's part of the Meta of putting them off guard.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Here's the Bounce deck. Look at that Bast. LOOK AT IT

6IvZg2j.png
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    He looks more like Bob Marley.
  • Is that a Thundercats variant?
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Well the end of the season pass got me to Iron Lad and now I feel empty. New season Tuesday! It's
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The main card from that season is going to romp into my main deck
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I got Selene and Iron Lad so happy with that.

Struggling playing at the moment as I keep getting beat. I need a go-to deck that has variety, a bit of unpredictability and a consistent source of cubes.

I don’t have High Evo or Galactus so those are out.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Do you have a good beast deck?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Dunno. I have Beast so that’s a start.

Never used him before so not familiar with the archetype.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hit the make a deck and you'll likely get something that can mess around
  • Olimite wrote:

Struggling playing at the moment as I keep getting beat. I need a go-to deck that has variety, a bit of unpredictability and a consistent source of cubes.

Cerebro3 might work if you have a decent set of 3's.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Olimite wrote:

Any examples?

• Olimite wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    Olimite wrote:

Any examples?

See my big post above
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Think I'll give up on hitting infinity. I've been bobbling from 93-97 all day and I've played it fairly relentlessly.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!