SF 6 Winner stays on lobby.
  • I’ll be on, maybe a bit later maybe 2-3 as I have a wedding the previous night and I’ll likely need a lie in
  • GGs Dogfingers. I think you lost connection there at the end? Was a sign that it’s bedtime!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah GG. It booted me out and then said the sync cloud wasn't up to date. Seems fine now.

Fighting your JP is so fucking stressful ha, not helped by the fact I cannot anti-air your JP at all for some reason. I'm like a free jump in damage sponge. Enjoyed it though. I think I'm giving up on Lily, my games with her seem to be a series of command errors.
  • As you can see, I don’t actually know how to play properly with anyone else, or at least don’t have much in the way of combos or tactics!
  • Granted I'm no expert but I find the JP match up very tricky at the moment. You have to rush in early but even when you get a bit of pressure that sticky bomb move can set you back quite easily. Probably my least favourite match to come up in ranked.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Ah lads. This opportunity only presents itself once a century when the moon is in the eighth house of Aquarius...

Lucky bastard!
  • Anyone about for some punching?
    SFV - reddave360
  • I have an hour if your still about?
  • Gg Dave meant to message in the lobby but accidentally left instead
  • Cheers mate - the lobby messaging is weird.

Enjoyed the games but noticeably gulf in skill level.
    You've a nice mix of characters going there so felt it was good learning but I do have a limited skill set against better players like yourself. Something I should work on.
    SFV - reddave360
  • The blanka is decent. He’s tons of fun to play. A few blanka tips

You can get stupid damage from the hk anti air by juggling afterwards with the slide or ex electric into lvl3 critical for the ko.

The ex electric gives you advantage on block. It’s still your turn if you throw a light normal afterwards. Throw it out occasionally.

Learn one good damage punish combo

• Blanka can fuck off.

(Waits for the "JP can triple FUCK OFF" retort)
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    The blanka is decent. He’s tons of fun to play. A few blanka tips

You can get stupid damage from the hk anti air by juggling afterwards with the slide or ex electric into lvl3 critical for the ko.

The ex electric gives you advantage on block. It’s still your turn if you throw a light normal afterwards. Throw it out occasionally.

Cheers - I spent Sunday ranking him up. I've always liked Blanka and I'd like to have a few go to characters in this. Definitely need to work on a solid punish for him but I'd say this for my gameplay overall. Think I'm getting a feel for him now, and a lot of players seem confused by him (probably because he isn't that popular? Maybe?)

SFV - reddave360
  • If you're not using it, coward crouch jump allows you to keep charge while jumping forward to do air ball.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Blanka can fuck off.

(Waits for the "JP can triple FUCK OFF" retort)

Ha, I need to fight you again. I’ve been working on ‘some things’

• RedDave2 wrote:
    Dogfingers wrote:
    The blanka is decent. He’s tons of fun to play. A few blanka tips

Cheers - I spent Sunday ranking him up. I've always liked Blanka and I'd like to have a few go to characters in this. Definitely need to work on a solid punish for him but I'd say this for my gameplay overall. Think I'm getting a feel for him now, and a lot of players seem confused by him (probably because he isn't that popular? Maybe?)

Outside Dhalsim I’d say I’ve seen him in ranked and in the tournaments I’ve watched the least.

• Dogfingers wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Blanka can fuck off. (Waits for the "JP can triple FUCK OFF" retort)

Would ‘some things’ be get up close and jump over me all the time and do cross ups?! Cos that’ll work!

Oh and get me in the corner. I’m shit in the corner.
  • I think blanka is the only character I've beaten jp with online (granted a silver level). I found instead of focusing on rushing in, I was able to control my own space a bit better.

Hate playing against jp.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    I don't know what Blanka's doing but I'm pretty sure he's up to no good.

I'll be trying to get my head around Chun throughout the day if anyone wants to spar.
  • https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1681317911263100928

Button press dash cancels coming with the Rashid update on the 24th.
  • So no need to double tap forward? If so, I'm a happy boy.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Just has to be pressed with the direction in either neutral or toward.

This is to prevent charge characters from being able to dash cancel while maintaining charge.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Dogfingers wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Blanka can fuck off. (Waits for the "JP can triple FUCK OFF" retort)

Would ‘some things’ be get up close and jump over me all the time and do cross ups?! Cos that’ll work!

Oh and get me in the corner. I’m shit in the corner.

Ex parry was your usual and effective answer. I was probably being too greedy.

For all the fuck this character talk. My legit gripe of all of them is Ken. I have limited answers for that fucking dragon whip nice. And his corner carry and damage output are stupid.

• on now for about an hour
  • It’s late but anyone about for fights
  • To no surprise there's a lot of Rashids about online today. Played through his story, he has some nice stuff to play with and I'd say people are going to be driven mad by the mid air bounce move.

Also there's a bug where his super 2 can do insane chip damage.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Friday lobby?
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • What time?
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'm out, would love to come on upon my return from the pub but I'll likely be smashed and not know what I'm doing.
  • Now that we are a few months into this, wondering what peoples favourite match ups (or least favourtie match ups) are in this?

I've mostly been maining Blanka and I think most match ups are ok. Fighters with no projectile are a bit easier to work around but consistently I find Guile and absolute pain to play against (to be fair found this when using Luke as well). I find it very hard to be offensive against him. Turtling bastard.

Deejay is also a hard nut to crack. And last I'd put Dhalsim in there as generally people who use him, like Deejay are already really good players (Ken players can be scrubby even at platinum) I did have issues with JP when using Luke or Ryu but Blanka has enough tools to get in quick and punish, I feel its an even fight. 

Wondering how others feel on this?
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!