Baldur's Gate 3: It's Party Time! (PC / PS5)
  • No such thing darling
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Certainly not between us squirrel friends.
  • How are the controls? I heard there is cross save from Steam and... This appeals to me.

I used cross-save - you need to turn it on in the options on both platforms, but after that it is flawless.
  • So I dropped the difficulty level and it's made a huge difference. I can enjoy this more now
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Is there an option on Xbox to use keyboard and mouse? If so I’d suggest giving it a go. Having tried both this and controller it’s definitely a better experience with K&M.
  • Just bought this. I probably won’t finish it for years.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It's really good
  • Really?
  • Really
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm trying to be intensely disciplined and finish Spiderman 2 and LAD GAIDZ before this but the lure is big. It's just ready to go on xbox.

Weird qu - if I bought this on Xbox store do I have it on PC now? That'd be my preferred place to play it
  • All I've done so far is take ages to decide who to start with (went with... Shar?  The half-elf cleric) and the intro section.  But I'm already in love with the music.  So grandiose.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I'm trying to be intensely disciplined and finish Spiderman 2 and LAD GAIDZ before this but the lure is big. It's just ready to go on xbox.

Weird qu - if I bought this on Xbox store do I have it on PC now? That'd be my preferred place to play it

I don't think that's how it works. But again I'm not a pc gamer so just guessing
  • regmcfly wrote:

It’s just first party Microsoft with the moniker - Play anywhere attached to them.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You could stream it from your Xbox to the pc but I don't think the pc versión is available on Xbox PC so you can't play it there.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    There's some 3P Play Anywhere stuff I think? But yeah, it's a minority of games in general
  • regmcfly wrote:

No. Unless you were to use cloud to do it, maybers.
  • Well, that's me, finally finished.  I really enjoyed it - there are all sorts of little niggles along the way, but it's one of the rare games where I found myself caring about the characters, which is quite an achievement.  (Thanks to whoever suggested I should be using Karlach more.  I bloody love Karlach.)

I'm glad my relatively slow rate of play means that I didn't finish until the epilogue was in place as it makes it an altogether more satisfying (and happier) ending.

I'd love to go back and do a Durge run, but not sure how I'll find the time - one day hopefully.

I'm intrigued to know what endings people unearthed for their various companions - I think mine were pretty common having played it fairly straight...
    Spoiler:
    Anyone dared to do an Honour Run?
  • tin_robot wrote:
    (Thanks to whoever suggested I should be using Karlach more.  I bloody love Karlach.)

You’re welcome. And yes, it is a great game. Not doing honour, but am doing Dark Urge tactician.
  • Just had a moment in this that made me spit tea through laughter.

It relates to the gnome being tormented by the goblins quite early on so spoiler tags here.
    Spoiler:

His little scream was just the funniest thing I've seen in ages
  • Anyone know a decent tutorial to this without spoilers?
  • Prob best bet is to ask questions here. Google one thing and it'll probably have a spoiler in the first para.
  • @Wookie I've fucked up so many things in Act 2. Looking forward to comparing notes with a friend who's almost finished that section.
  • I am in this! Yes!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • This game is brilliant. I'm getting all sorts of flashbacks to my youth of playing D&D.

Currently still figuring out how everything works whilst battling giant spiders in what I think is my first real difficulty spike.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I had a nice long phone call catch-up with Elmlea today, we have both had entirely different experiences with this game and it's awesome. Chatting about our different teams, different experiences, different ways of seeing events. The freedom is incredible.

I struggled to get into this but put a few hours in last night, lowered the difficulty level and now convinced it's the game of the year.
  • Managed to get another 40 minutes in before my over tired brain lead to a banging headache.

Things are now clicking with me, I'm understanding my characters more, getting more into the roleplaying aspects and feel like I've finally got a decent team for combat.
    My sorcerer, Ron Waffles, has stupidly high perception and charisma and is talking his way round most fights and if that fails, I have karlagh run in with a massive fuck off axe.

I've stopped "trying" to follow the story and worrying if I'm going off the path and instead am just embracing the fact that the story sorta happens around me regardless. I'm just telling MY story and loving it.

No idea if I'm doing the main quest line or a million side quests but I'm having a blast.

This is just absolutely brilliant
  • Nice one, Wooks - enjoying the updates.
  • I don't want to work today. I just want to play Balder's Gate

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!