adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yo yo yo, it’s ya boi Scrum Master ERE here and it’s time for the forum’s daily scrum standup meeting.

Send a quick post saying:
    * What games did you play yesterday?
    * What games are you going to play today?
    * What issues are blocking your gaming? (i.e. stuck on a hard boss, needed a boiler repair and now there’s no funds for Starfield etc.)

I’ll go first:
    * Yesterday I played Final Fantasy XVI and got up to the desert bit.
    * I’ll probably play Final Fantasy XVI again today but I might also play TotK or the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC. I also need to keep chipping away at Donkey Kong Jr Math. I’m also thinking about buying The Making of Karateka today.
    * In terms of blockages, I keep putting down Final Fantasy XVI due to finding the side content extremely pedestrian and boring despite wanting to do a complete playthrough. I also keep not picking up TotK and the XC3 DLC even though I enjoy them when I do play them. Donkey Kong Jr Math is just horrible, it’s just speedrunning maths. And I can’t decide what format to buy The Making of Karateka on.

Now it’s time for you to stand up and update us!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I did not play any games yesterday. I might play Paper Mario today. The only thing impeding my gametime is the crushing, overbearing weight of existence and the realisation one day I will die, and be buried, and all this will cease to be.

Also can you have maintenance fix the vending machine boss I want some Quavers.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    What issues are blocking your gaming? (i.e. stuck on a hard boss, needed a boiler repair and now there’s no funds for Starfield etc.)

gamesatwork2.png
  • * What games did you play yesterday?
    SLAY THE SPIRE

* What games are you going to play today?
    SLAY THE SPIRE

* What issues are blocking your gaming?
    WORK AND LIFE
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I did not play any games yesterday.

I played 5 minutes of Samba De Amigo on switch this morning.

Work and family life are getting in the way of gaming.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • *Yesterday I played Sea of Stars for about 2 minutes because it turns out I wasn't in the mood for RPG walls of text. (I instead watched 4 episodes of Saxondale)

*Today I will play the game of going to Ikea to buy roller blinds then fitting them, pray for Liv.

*Issues blocking my gaming. The evening sun comes right through the window and is blinding so I need some blinds.

Can we get some Greek yoghurt in the vending machine please. Loose so its not creating plastic waste.
  • I'm fed up of these meetings. Can I go back to work now?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I played about half an hour of Smushi Come Home yesterday and checked out the three booster packs I'd missed since last time I booted up Mario Kart 8. We stopped playing the former because my daughter said 'you know when you want to enjoy a game but you're not in the mood so it might be better to play something else for now?', and we stopped playing MK8 because our pasta bake was ready. No firm plans for gaming today just yet. More Smushi maybe, possibly some Metroid Prime later tonight.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm fed up of these meetings. Can I go back to work now?

You posted this a mere 11 minutes after the meeting began! Stop being impatient.
  • Finished Bloodborne. 
    Then continued God of War Ragnarok 
    Thinking about getting AC6
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I played Resident Evil 4 until I got a headache.
  • Yesterday I played the tutorial and first mission of MechWarrior 5.

Today I will play the new DLC for TMNT: Shredder's Revenge.

What gets in the way of gaming? 8-5 job. Then cooking for the family. Then get kids out to their sports. Then maybe some housework. Then put the kids to bed. Then normally too tired to play.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yesterday
    Alex Kidd, which I deleted

Today
    Need to start something new. Please can the Squad make suggestions?

Blockers
    Kid's birthday
  • Today I will play the new DLC for TMNT: Shredder's Revenge.

Change of plan, I'll play this today too. Assumed it was a way off.

What gets in the way of my gaming? Not much really, I work 6-1.30, barely watch any TV, watch an average of two or three films a month and my daughter still goes to bed at 8. Housework mostly gets done between getting home from work and school pickup, so 8pm to bedtime is my time. I'd play a lot more games if I sat on my arse refreshing the forum less. I also occasionally play games at work on days where no-one else bothers to come into the office.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Boss, boss, I'm sorry to bring this up in front of everyone but I got a reply to one of Wookie's emails in my work queue yesterday. He'd replied to the customer saying 'I DONT LIKE PEOPLE' in all caps for about 200 lines. Can you have a word with him after the stand up scrum im a bit concerned thanks sorry yes we are very agile agreed
  • *Yesterday played Power Wash Simulator (soothing), tried Humankind (too much reading and wasn't in the mood so gave up), Battlefield V (nazi killing is always fun).

*Today will likely play more PWS.

*Blocked by tiredness and work.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Boss, boss, I'm sorry to bring this up in front of everyone but I got a reply to one of Wookie's emails in my work queue yesterday. He'd replied to the customer saying 'I DONT LIKE PEOPLE' in all caps for about 200 lines. Can you have a word with him after the stand up scrum im a bit concerned thanks sorry yes we are very agile agreed

BUT HE WAS A CUNT. WHY ELSE WOULD HE EMAIL ME BEFORE IVE HAD MY 9:30 POST COFFEE POO??

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I presume you are all playing while standing?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • 1. Yesterday I played some Ridge Racer 2 on the PSP, some Fifa 23* on the Xbox Series X, and I tried Velocity2x on the Vita as well. Wasn't for me.

2. Today I'll be playing more of the first two mentioned there but I'm also hopefully planning on getting retroarch up and running on the ps vita.

3. Current blockages are I'm on annual leave but my missus is in full work panic mode for her fashion show event thing with her pals tomorrow. Haven't felt chilled at all this week. Hmph.
  • Yesterday:  no gaming
    Today:  Bg3
    Blockers:  Some arsehole keeps dragging me into scrum meetings (really I had an essay due).
  • Sorry, forgot the

*Funny thing in fifa right now is, they've done such a good job with end of year content in 23, everyone in the community is having a blast with all these amazing fun players they've released and the new one is out in a couple weeks and I've no inclination to preorder. Same with all my mates who play regularly. Our current 23 teams are chock full of absolutely insane players, cards that, in previous fifas we'd maybe see only one of those cards released. But this year there's legendry card after legendary card, why move on? I've got a 99 rated zidane in my team. Why bin it?

(for context, before last month, there had only been a very select few 99 rated cards. Messi and Ronaldo would get one every year but that's it, and those cards were unicorns. This year there are so many, all of them so much fun to use)
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I'm fed up of these meetings. Can I go back to work now?

You posted this a mere 11 minutes after the meeting began! Stop being impatient.

A whole minute after the scrum was meant to end! That's 10% over. Huge!

Didn't play anything yesterday, going to try to play TotK tonight mopping up side missions so I can finish the game, not being allowed to just hole away and ignore the world is getting in the way of my gaming.

I still have to work in FFXVI, but like ERE, I'm also having issues with being a bit bored by the non-set pieces and the bits in between the story.
  • Not playing much.  Very few games really grab me these days.  If Starfield wasn't out next week sprint, there's every chance I wouldn't play anything for the remainder of the year moving forward.
  • I played Hi-Fi Rush two nights ago. Nice animation! Not much gameplay. It’s basically a prettier Golden Axe, amirite?

I didn’t play anything last night.

Today I finally got GamePass Ultimate free for a year as a perk from my broadband provider. Turns out they couldn’t send me the code before because I was using Safari. Apple’s security stuff doesn’t allow them to automagically fill in the field, or something.

I’d like to play Friday Night Forza the ’morra, but I can’t see it happening, what with real life getting in the way.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I loved Hi Fi Rush, and I thought the rhythm-action combat was great. I also just love how much it felt like a classic Dreamcast game.
  • I am flitting between GTA V (when E is not around) Goat Simulator 3 (with E) and Broforce (when E is around but her mum is not.  E finds the gore amusing).

The hilarity of GS3 has long since worn off and we're now trying to solve the last few puzzles that remain. Every time we play something new is discovered (like how to melt the ice high up on the hills - E accidentally solved that one only yesterday, and we're over 60 hours in).
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yesterday’s meeting took literally all day, let’s keep it a bit more concise today lads (and lasses?? Please don’t report me to HR.) (P.S. Also non-binaries.)

* Yesterday I played Final Fantasy XVI. Did some boring stuff in the desert and now I’m ready to do a proper mission today.
    * Today I’ll be playing Final Fantasy XVI and I’ll also be buying The Making of Karateka.
    * Blockages: Ongoing boredom of Final Fantasy XVI’s non-core content. I messaged Digital Eclipse asking if The Making of Karateka had any platform-specific features like Atari 50. The president of Digital Eclipse liked the tweet but didn’t reply. I was like ‘Wow, that’s unhelpful’. But later when I looked at the tweet it turned out he had replied as well but I hadn’t been sent a notification. I would have bought a copy yesterday if it wasn’t for this.
  • * Yesterday I played Slay the Spire for an hour or so. Did Asc5 with Ironclad on PS5.

* Today I’ll be playing Slay the Spire.  Will try Asc6 with Ironclad on PS5.

* Blockages: yesterday I tried my best to do as much work as possible so that today is better - 3 deadlines today plus I'm taking the boy for a school entrance exam later.  Also yesterday, he was still doing practice papers (told him to chill but no) and I was marking and going through with him.  Nighttime, too tired, still lack of sleep from a few days of family wedding.
    Today, it's gym time hopefully as haven't been since Sunday.  If I'm too tired for gym, I could fit in FFXVI instead of StS.  mayber.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • *Yesterday I played the game of convincing Ikea to give me my order while their systems were down.

*Today I will be playing the shit out of Starfield because Im no povo child.

*Blockages: A slight delay followed by a one wipe which ultimately put me ahead of schedule.

*Stopping me playing. Work, walk the dog, cook dinner (steak and green beans if you must know) then its gaming time.
  • Is this a ritual, are you doing an occultism
  • At what level of liturgical fervour do I have to call a Ghostbuster
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!