Nintendo Switch 2! Or Switch U or whatever they decide to call it
  • The BC could go one of two ways - Nintendo have now had a great experience of selling non bc wii u games back to us on switch - which did have a brand new e store - they absolutely could do that again although I’d wager this time they won’t if it’s marketed as a switch 2
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Guys, Pyra and Mythra’s semi-nakedness symbolises that they are two halves of the same schismed being. Together they make a fully clothed woman. This is a franchise with deep themes going on beneath the surface, show some respect.

It's funny how bawdy that game is despite the fact that they toned quite a few bits down for the English localisation. Played it in Chinese which seemed to be completely in line with the Japanese script (going by the Tim Rogers vid where he talked about changes they made and what the originals were) and yeah...the original version has EVEN MORE DEEP THEMES.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Swiitch, stylised as swIItch.
  • Bob wrote:
    The BC could go one of two ways - Nintendo have now had a great experience of selling non bc wii u games back to us on switch - which did have a brand new e store - they absolutely could do that again although I’d wager this time they won’t if it’s marketed as a switch 2

Im gonna guess BC but they will also do rereleases.
    BC will be the exact same but just run smoother naturally because of more powerful hardware. No actual tinkering involved.
    Rereleases will utilise DLSS and some other shite to be the definite versions. GOTY type DLC included Ultimate releases.

Nothing outlandish there of course, other devs are doing similar.

I dont expect an upgrade option for like £10-£20 either.

People will buy them up because its Nintendo.

First will be TOTK timed with a hearty DLC included, launch day. Calling it. That and Prime 4 are your launch window big hitters.
  • If release day is late 2024 I reckon Mario Kart 9 and Odyssey 2 will be ready to go.
  • And Mario Wonder with some Luigi shit tacked on and ported.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Games will be £70 rrp as well.
    No reason they won't be.
  • I vote non BC, too much cash to be made by re-releasing
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • New e store would be nice
    The Forum Herald™
  • Oh god. The switch 2 eshop shovelware gold rush will be ten times worse this time round.
  • I'm a quadrillion percent certain it'll be BC and so confident that I will bet someone an entire Twix.
  • Oh god. The switch 2 eshop shovelware gold rush will be ten times worse this time round.

Heaven forbid they prevent shit from being
    Approved for the store like an second date iPhone store
    The Forum Herald™
  • Some general quality checking, anti-shovelware filtering would be a good idea (sorry Moot).
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    I'm a quadrillion percent certain it'll be BC and so confident that I will bet someone an entire Twix.

I think you mean twIIx.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    They’ve announced new content on Mario Kart Tour is stopping. Mario Kart 9 ahoy?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    They’ve announced new content on Mario Kart Tour is stopping. Mario Kart 9 ahoy?

Do we really need another full title release? The dlc track and character method to expand what is arguably a brilliantly solid core game is excellent.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Open world Mario kart is my dream. One day.
  • monkey wrote:
    Some general quality checking, anti-shovelware filtering would be a good idea (sorry Moot).

Doing my own weeding keeps me on my toes.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:

Do we really need another full title release? The dlc track and character method to expand what is arguably a brilliantly solid core game is excellent.

Yes of course we do doh!
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:

I think Mario Kart Ultimate in the style of Smash Bros Ultimate would be a good follow-on from what they’ve been doing. I’m not sure where you go after anti-gravity other than chucking it all in the bin and going open-world.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • i hope it doesn't go open world.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Not sure how I feel about open world MK. Against it, probably, but I expect it'd be good.
  • Not sure it would add anything really.

I like the Smash idea. Continue adding non-Mario Nintendo characters and themed tracks possibly extending into third party themes.

Would be nice if they could add Double Dash gameplay on top of what's already there rather than instead of.
  • Grand Theft Mario Kart please.
  • Davy will have a fit
  • Nintendo have loadsofmoneyyy now, don't they, after the Mario Bros movie? So I am hopeful. I think we will get Switch+, or Switch 1.5. I don't see why they would change what is already a winning formula too much?
  • MK9 will be Mario Kart Maker all the way for me. Mark my words ye hearties. And agree this plus Prime 4 and Mario Universe will be the launch window titles. I think Nintendo relearnt the importance of having 2-3 AAA titles to launch a new console in the, ahem, switch from Wii to Switch.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • A Mario Kart Maker could be great. The only racing games I remember playing with a track maker was Tommi Makinen Rally on the PS1 and Micro Machines on the mega drive, I think? Neither of which was very good at all.
  • I don’t understand how people are hoping to get some kind of (approximately) Series S level hardware into something roughly the size of a Switch Oled? I think MS were praised all over for their neat and tidy engineering design with their current consoles and we’re meant to expect Nintendo to do even better whilst also powering the screen and using a battery that will run all this for four or five hours? Seems too much like fingers crossed voodoo to me.

I’d say Series S levels aren’t possible, but just below is. The Steam Deck launched nearly 18 months ago and isn’t that far off a PS4/Pro spec. Getting the Deck insides into a smaller form factor is possible. I said in the Switch thread that around 8gb of Ram wouldn’t surprise me, with the OS running on that, leaving around 7 for titles. That would put it in the previous gen ballpark.

On backwards compatibility, I’d expect it, but it’s also going to be difficult with the Tegra chipset. I can’t imagine they won’t have found a solution, but it would certainly be a problem to overcome.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!