Alan Wakey Wakey
  • Tell you what though…it’s creepy as fuck…
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Tell you what though…it’s creepy as fuck…
    finding it way more boring than creepy
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Verecocha wrote:

I’ve had to nope out on a number of occasions. It’s definitely a game that plays with your expectations. I’m near the end now.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

I’ve had to nope out on a number of occasions. It’s definitely a game that plays with your expectations. I’m near the end now.

Felt like doing so last night. The build up to some encounters is horrendous. Sat in the dark with atmos and the dog keeps looking at me as if to say ‘wtf is going on and why are we still going?!’.

Verecocha wrote:
    finding it way more boring than creepy

That’s a shame but I kinda get it as it is slow paced. I’m loving the pace though and exhausting each little map.
  • the mind map board thing is really fucking annoying.  The gameplay just seems to be wandering about until you find the trigger for the next part of the story.
    Also the whole twin peaks thing is getting really fucking tiresome
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Requested this from the inlaws for Xmas, and of course it is digital only. I asked for it for PC but that caused end of days chat. So now I think I am just getting a £50 PSN card.

The olds, eh?
  • I seriously don’t want this to end it’s that good…And it has to be the best looking game I’ve played. Also the sound work is maybe too good as it’s fucking terrifying at points.
  • Ey it’s superb
  • Getting the most out of each area that I can, gonna wait to go back to the lake until I have the bolt cutters as well as the screw driver so I can hopefully 100% the lake on that one journey back.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Can anyone find Sam Lake doing the dance from the Game Awards at high res? I think I love Sam Lake
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I fired up AW1 last night on my pc to toddle through a bit, and a neat thing was right at the start of the tutorial a notice board had a QR code - definitely not there on the original. Scanning it just took me to the AW2 website but a neat little touch.
  • Started this last night as the missus was up for back seating it. Didn't get far in, an hour maybe. Will see if she wants to crack on but could use a shooty bit soon. May go back and play the recap of the first game.
  • It’s not very shooty, in comparison to the first.
  • Much more investigatey and story driven with a few intense kinda shooty bits.

Got the bolt cutters now so gonna exhaust every area to get everything I can from this.

The chapter I finished last night literally had me thinking for its type of game there’s just no better. It’s EW2 x10. It’s just absofuckingloutely brilliant.
  • Would agree with that completely
  • Syph knows. I expected it to be good but it’s phenomenal. Gonna be a close fought game of the year for me.
  • I have very few criticisms of the title at all. I think Remedy have always struggled with boss encounters, but this has 1-2 of them that are sufficiently good enough that you don’t immediately go “eugh, Remedy boss”.

Could see how the slower pace could put some players off, particularly when the game is forcing you to use the case wall to progress the story, but I personally liked that mechanic. I actually found that I took more of it in as a consequence, and it’s very good. I loved using the writing themes to change Alan’s world.

Can’t wait to see what Remedy do next in this universe they’re weaving.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I finished the first chapter of 1 (and might keep playing on SeX in parallel), and started 2 (ps5) this eve thanks to moot

And I liked the opening. I'm fine with a bit of murder mystery intrigue, no shooty shooty at all yet but Arlo building, and will be fun to see the interplay with the first game play out, maybe some character overlap etc. But the David Lynch vibe is fun regardless, and presentation top notch ofc. (In a surprise to myself I'm on quality mode this far, and finding it fine! VRR wizardry?? Feels above 30fps...)
  • You’ll definitely experience some Overlaps.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    (In a surprise to myself I'm on quality mode this far, and finding it fine! VRR wizardry?? Feels above 30fps...)

Agree with this. Not sure what wizardry is going on but almost everything else I've played on quality mode jars me when I spen the view around. Btw Cyberpunk was the only other game that didn't seem to nag me with the fps halved, so I played what little I tried of that in quality mode too.
  • Going from Robocop to this is probably the best choice I could have made to appreciate the visuals. Robo didnt look half bad in places but this looks fucking great.
  • This is good, but I have to say I'm bitterly disappointed that [soundtrack spoilers]
    Spoiler:

A proper shame. Harrumph!
  • On the plus side I did spot homeless Ian Beale on a telly.

20231211-103522.jpg
  • Those adverts are brilliant…collect them all.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    (In a surprise to myself I'm on quality mode this far, and finding it fine! VRR wizardry?? Feels above 30fps...)

Agree with this. Not sure what wizardry is going on but almost everything else I've played on quality mode jars me when I spen the view around. Btw Cyberpunk was the only other game that didn't seem to nag me with the fps halved, so I played what little I tried of that in quality mode too.

Switched to performance mode as combat is a bit choppy in quality mode. Still looks outrageously nice.
  • I just squeezed through a small gap briefly so I take it all back, this is shit.
  • Music again, chapter 2 closer.
    Spoiler:

BIN.
  • 27 hours and I think I’m only a few chapters away…been exhausting every area so think I’ll 100% it in one run. It’s just phenomenal. Every play session it gets better. Gotta be my game of the year. Maybe right alongside Returnal as my game of the gen.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Maybe right alongside Returnal as my game of the gen.

Wow, big words.
  • 7.5hrs in, in many ways it's truly exceptional.  I can't see it hitting higher than an [8] for me because the shooty bits are bafflingly weak/not my cup of tea at all, but oh boy it's a polished adventure and I've lost count of the times I've thought 'that's a nice touch'.  I've got a huge soft spot for the original and (so far) this is the sequel it deserved.  It's just a shame that the way it actually plays hasn't really moved on.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!