The Dark Knight Rises for the last time... (Spoilers as well if you like)
  • I'm not sure if I'm going to bother going. I loved the first one but hated the 2nd film.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    It'd be fun seeing you try to keep your reactions as fresh the second time around as they were originally so as not to be sus.

I think the darkness of the cinema and his own excitement would provide a pretty good cover.
  • I'm assuming the spoiler status of this thread should be upgraded to 'Red' over the next few hours as jobless / holidaying forumites start filtering out of the cinemas.
  • I still want to soak in the hype without any spoilers so put any plot/levitt/stuff in spoiler tags plox
  • Yes, keep spoilers spoilereded please. Plus can we move any further talk about the tragedy in Aurora to a separate thread please? I know I was the first to comment on it but I really cant stomach hearing anything else about it and I dont want to have to avoid this thread.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Should have been in the news thread to begin with really.
  • I agree with that.
  • Yes, it should have.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've seen this now .
    Spoiler:
    I know that'll annoy a lot of people but I liked it at the end.

It is an utterly huge film. 167 minutes of sprawl. I'll gather my thoughts and type more later.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Also that is a mega spoiler really seriously.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Don't tell me that goddamn that makes it harder not to click.
  • Its like playing chicken isnt it? Fuck this thread. Watching it tonight. Literally have been on the vinegar stroke for the past 6 hours.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Right - some proper thoughts. 
    First half will be spoiler free and then the big black bar will be present.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. It's a long movie, far longer than it needs to be, or indeed has any right to be. That doesn't mean, however, that what's going on onscreen isn't enjoyable - it's just that for the sake of making a 'better' or 'tighter' movie, there could have been some chopping going on. Nolan has absolutely gone for scale on this - it's a huge film, both in terms of the plot, and the subplots. There are a few baggy ends, as I think we've come to expect from him nowadays, but overall it tears through the action, and has some decent moments of 'acting' - I liked Caine's Alfred although I could see some people probably wanting a bucket for one of the soppier scenes in it. There was one part with his character that I couldn't do. 
    Score was great, Bane and Hathaway were both game, the former an absolutely terrifying physical presence, and the latter having a ball in a way I've never seen her do onscreen. JGL was da man, but ultimately, I think it's Bale's movie this time round (fair enough) and he brought a lot to Wayne particularly. 

Right, so the spoilers - here we go.
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've written almost the same amount in spoilers, so yeah, warnings and all.
  • Saw this today, really good apart from a 15 shite mins towards the end for me.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • ylpun.jpg

Gaaaaaaaahhhhh
  • @brooks oh fuck yeah! From what I've seen TDKR snaffles a bit from this.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Wasn't it just a reference to the US shootings?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think it is. And not really needed tbh
  • Think brooks was just pointing out a tragic coincidence.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Anyway, OT, I thought the lack of Batman was one of the best things about this Batman.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Spock wrote:
    Think brooks was just pointing out a tragic coincidence.

Someone else likely found that and thought 'oooh'. Not really worth posting around tbh.
  • I thought we decided to keep this thread free of references to what happened today.

Seriously let's keep this thread about the movie and maybe go to the 'current affairs' thread for everything else.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Agree
  • Just got back from seeing this.  I'm not sure if quoting spoilers reveals the text, so just in case it does, I'll refer to adored's second spolier with one of my own:
    Spoiler:
    Otherwise a fine film and perhaps my favourite in a great trilogy.  I certainly wasn't disappointed, even if, as Reg pointed out, it was a tad flabby in places.
  • It's a great conclusion to the trilogy. Some good points raised above but generally I think most of it is ever so slight nit-picky. Such as:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    SFV - reddave360
  • Seen. 

Overall, really good. Bane really is a total menace. Catwoman was brilliant as well.
    Both very faithful renditions of their comic personas filtered through the Nolan realism lens.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Apologies for the crazy spoilering. My post defies editing.
  • Spoiler:
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Seen it. Great stuff.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!