adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Zone of Interest wins Best International Picture, first ever UK win apparently.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    First Oscar for Oppenheimer as Robert Downey Jr wins Best Supporting Actor.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    MESSI THE DOG FROM ANATOMY OF A FALL WAS CLAPPING FOR RDJ
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    YES!!! Godzilla Minus One wins Visual Effects!!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Very odd moment where the production team of 20 Days in Mariupol, having just won Best Documentary Feature were played off stage to an instrumental of I’m Just Ken.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar wins Best Short Film but Wes Anderson didn’t show up to accept the award. Thank fuck The After didn’t win.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    YES!!! The Zone of Interest wins best sound.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The live performances of both the Barbie songs have been just great.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Barbie gets an Oscar for Best Song - it’s What Was I Made For? not I’m Just Ken though.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Very odd moment where the production team of 20 Days in Mariupol, having just won Best Documentary Feature were played off stage to an instrumental of I’m Just Ken.

yeah took me a moment to realise the song and was a little ooof. Guess you can't mess with the plan.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Emma Stone wins Best Actress so Killers of the Flower Moon has presumably won bugger all.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It’ll be interesting to see if Best Picture is a predictable win for Oppenheimer or if there’s an upset. Poor Things seems to have done quite well generally.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It’s Oppenheimer.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I’ve never watched the ceremony before but it was surprisingly entertaining tbh. Really think they are idiots if they don’t get John Mulaney to host next year. He nailed the Governor’s Awards and his segment here.
  • I really haven't had a chance to watch much stuff this year :(

9. Anatomy of a Fall
    I liked this film but I didn't love it. Not entirely sure why. I liked how things were slowly peeled back but I think I just never really got into it.
    [6]

10. Polytechnique
    You can definitely see the Denis in this. I think it's just one of those early films where you've seen where his talent has taken him and this is just missing a few pieces. Still some powerful filmmaking though.
    [6]

11. Asteroid City
    Do I know exactly what this was about? No, not exactly. But did I enjoy every frame. Yes, yes I did. I love how Anderson keeps sneaking in little bits of stop-motion animation into his movies too.
    [8]

12. The Invitation
    A rewatch of Karen Kusama's classic little thriller. Even with knowing where the story is going it's still a great film and really well put together. 
    [7]

13. The Zone of Interest
    As much as I'd like more Jonathan Glazer films (same as Lynne Ramsay) I think I can handle a masterpiece every 8/9/10 or so years. Even though it it doesn't seem like it this needs to be watched on the biggest and loudest screen possible to let all the horror wash over you.
    [9]

14. Dune
    A rewatch before the sequel. A good home theatre tester and just a great modern sci-fi film. As much as I enjoy Marvel-style popcorn fodder is so nice to see big action blockbuster done by a filmmaker with a real vision. We just don't get it much anymore.
    [8]

15. Whisper of the Heart
    Slowly filling in the gaps in my Ghibli viewing. I wish the company would let other filmmakers make films with their animators like they did back then because it's lovely to see these different types of stories and this is definitely a cute one. Was interesting to see Miyazaki did the storyboards for this too.
    [8]

16. Dune: Part 2
    Did anyone really doubt that he would do this again. Definitely worth seeing on IMAX because those big scenes are biiiig! Stilgar is the MVP in this one and adds much needed heart and laughter. I think it just barely holds onto the scope of the plot it needs to tell but it's nice to see that it trusts the audience to follow the story beats without explanatory dialogue.
    [8]
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I’ve never watched the ceremony before but it was surprisingly entertaining tbh. Really think they are idiots if they don’t get John Mulaney to host next year. He nailed the Governor’s Awards and his segment here.

Yeah I only caught the back third but it seemed like it was a lot snappier than previous ones which is good. Gave more time for the speeches and for those nice accolade thingies before the acting awards. Less average and awkwards jokes too.
    Seems like they went all out this time for the in memoriam bit which is nice because they've dropped the ball previously in missing out people.

John Mulaney is always great.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Just realised I accidentally posted in the wrong thread the whole evening. My excuse is I’m tired, it’s half two.
  • All g. Was going to mention it but you were on a roll
  • Ricky Stanicky

Zac Effron and his childhood friends create a fake friend named Ricky Stanicky who then takes the blame for all the trouble they get into.
    They carry this on into their adult lives and use Ricky to get out of all sorts of family commitments that they don't want to do.

Then their wives insist on meeting Ricky.
    So they hire a drunk rock singer named "Rod" (played by John Cena) to be Ricky.
    Lies start to unravel, hilarity ensues.

It's very silly and stupid but I really enjoyed it. John Cena continues his lovable idiot persona and it made me laugh quite a bit.

The exact opposite of the Oscar fodder in here over the last few pages but perfect for a brainless giggle
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I like the sound of that actually.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • It's quite silly.
    I was aware of a burning glare coming from my wife aimed right at me.
    "ARE YOU TAKING NOTES?!"

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    YES!!! Godzilla Minus One wins Visual Effects!!

Pleasing.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I don’t regret staying up but I am tired.
  • 10. Dune
    Gorgeous looking hard sci-fi epic in which almost every frame is like a painted cover of a classic sci-fi novel. Can't wait to see the next one. 10

11. Bob Marley: One Love
    Enjoyable but flawed biopic that isn't so much the story of Marley's life as it is the story of how they made Exodus. Even so, it misses an awful lot of the details of what happened in the time period it covers and is guilty of painting Marley more or less as an unimpeachable angel rather than the flawed genius he was. I wasn't expecting much from this, but it was really elevated by the lead performance and the soundtrack. 7

12. The Beekeeper
    Fucking hell, what a load of nonsense. Statham is a Beekeeper on a revenge mission to take down a cyber-scam outfit that drains his landlady's bank accounts which results in her suicide. Absolutely ludicrous from start to finish, with an at times laughably bad script, but with some very entertaining action carnage - you know what you're getting with Statham. You're getting a film that could easily have been made in the early 90s with Seagal and it's exactly as fun as you think that would be, except better because Jase is much more likeable than Steve ever was. 7
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Plus he isn't a massive sex pest and predator like Seagal was
  • That's also true.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    7 is generous. Very.
  • Olimite wrote:
    7 is generous. Very.

That's a seven in the enjoyable shitness scale of how much I enjoyed it whilst I was watching it. It's not a good film.
  • Beekeeper is exactly my favourite type of Hollywood daft action nonsense.
  • djchump wrote:
    Beekeeper is exactly my favourite type of Hollywood daft action nonsense.

Yeah, knows what it is and keep piling on the stupid.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!