Vere & Thrawn’s 150 mile April Challenge…UPDATED TO 200!
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    He's gone quiet :)

Hahaha!
  • Another big day walking in the sun…10 up to get us to 216.

M5Ka7N.jpg

Massive smile for the boy in the sun.

Kjh8cl.jpg

Still doesn’t understand hide and seek though…

1N5Tx0.jpg
  • *clapclapclap*
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • So Monday got us another 8…though I forgot the snap at the time so this messy one will have to do.

pvN0VH.jpg

Another 9 today…

1q4Oe7.jpg

Which brings us to a total of 233…Well and truly happy with that. Will post a pic of him all proud in his new fighting cancer scarf and try and get another smile from him.

Two miserable days of walking though…absolutely horrid. But little man trudged on.

gSDodb.jpg

1m6VCw.jpg

And a deserved rest now before a movie later on…

39JTf4.jpg

Will write a little write up tomorrow but knackered now…
  • Amazing work, Vere - massive kudos to you and the Doggo.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:

1m6VCw.jpg

He looks possessed there
  • Amazing work, Vere - massive kudos to you and the Doggo.

Thanks dude. I am actually really proud of us. Torn muscles, shite weather, night shifts, drama, a dog that must check every bush and sniff absofuckingloutely everything as well as a heavy guy that’s not a fan of cardio we made it happen every day but one, and that was only because I was in hospital all day.
    Verecocha wrote:

1m6VCw.jpg

He looks possessed there

He was like ‘Why the fuck are you waking me, I’m warm in my little mobile playroom’.
  • Well I have to admit…I loved that. Everyone knows my life was turned upside down by Cancer, I’ve never gotten over it and in some ways I never will. I’m forever changed and parts of it broke me. I’m not special, it does this to everyone it touches, which is why it’s a beautiful thing when everyone does whatever they can in trying to better our fight against it and I’m so grateful to everyone here as you guys have given the vast amount of my donations. So thank you, it means the world to me.

I’m not a walker, I’m happy to walk the boy as it’s part of our bonding time, but not to this scale…though now I think I’m gonna continue with this everyday I can because it’s been great for my mental health and filling my anti-social loner lifestyle. I thought 150 miles sounded a lot but man I’m proud we hit 233 for an average of just over 8 miles a day for the 29 I managed to get the walks in. Doesn’t sound like much but we do not do 4mph…not with him sniffing everywhere, going back and forth and being a dicker sometimes, but I never rushed him as it’s his time not mine. He’s happy watching me play Halo so I’m…content…watching him sniff yet another dog shit he’s found and goes all detective on.

As of now we’ve raised £200 and £34 for gift aid which is awesome, hopefully some other bits will drop in but we reached our goal and we’ve made what we can. Every little bit makes a difference and I think the total for all the dog walkers is about £687,000. So with all the other challenge’s this month it’s massive and at some point there’ll be a breakthrough because of people like you guys awesomely donating to a one armed man just walking an awesome little Frenchie on his favourite beach.

Thanks everyone but mostly…thanks Thrawn…makes my life better every day.

Z8XfEY.jpg
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Lovely boy
  • This is awesome.
    Huge well done to you mate, such a great effort for such a worthy cause.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Awesome stuff :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Muzzy is just shy of 1/3 of the way through Batbarian.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!