Final Fantasy XIV
  • It was announced the other day that beta applications are now being taken.  That also includes for the PS3 version.  Legacy members from FFXIV 1.0 are automatically in from phase 1 on PC.  Everyone, whether Legacy or not, needs to apply specifically for the PS3 beta to be taken into consideration.  If you have the code from FFXIII (yes, thirteen) then you will be given priority for this beta.

The End of an Era video has an extra 3 minutes on the end.  Worth a look if you enjoy Square Enix CGI.  Link to beta apps at the bottom:

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/extended-final-fantasy-xiv-cgi-trailer-released
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Beta begins on 25th Feb:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/60542

Excite!
  • That's now officially...

...EXCITE!
  • Blimey.  Accessible goodness.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Are you playing the beta?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    tell us more please.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • It's beautiful.  Plays more like a traditional MMO.  Controller support is not yet available, mouse and keyboard currently.  When it all kicks in it'll feel more akin to FFXI but play closer to a WASD MMO.  The storyline is full of creamy SE goodness.

My current linkshell, who've played much more than myself, are singing its praises and that's good enough for me.  I'll have all jobs at cap when it launches, but I'll definitely be creating a new character to drink in all those opening areas and low level dungeons at some point if people want to jump in.

Failing that, cap content from the off!

Worth a look if you still have an MMO in you.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    im signed up for the ps3 beta so keeping my fingers crossed.

• Cool.  It will be interesting to see how the PS3 version develops.  As I'll play the PC version with a pad, as I did XI, I imagine it could be a beautiful thing.
  • Completed 3 beta weekends now and I think it looks pretty decent.  They've withdrawn the cut scenes for the beta, but they have to be delicious as even 1.0 got that aspect right.  I spotted evidence of public quests called fates, which are akin to those in War hammer, Rift and GW2.  Great fun getting stuck in on a big Beastie in masse.

Only Lancer, Archer and Conjurer have been available so far but the skill combos work well albeit in that oh so simple WoW way.  Slightly disappointed that it follows this template, but hey, that's what your average MMO player wants I guess but it could be something that reduces the longevity of the experience for me.  I prefer struggling to get out of the starting zone.

Will keep an eye on it.
  • I am keeping an eye on this as will possibly get the PS3 version when it comes out. All sounds good so far.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Good shout from davie in the FFGeneral thread:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/en/product/#ceSpecialAnchor

Beta has been going well but I'm limiting my play time because it'll spoil it for me.

Hoping that my real name's included in the credits of the game and that they keep one of the entrances named after my main character in the retail version.

Excite.
  • Do I need to buy a new copy?
  • Not sure if you have to if you purchased the original, but I guess I will due to associated shiny bits.
  • I'm on the Coeurl server for PC/PS3 beta phase 3 if people have access.

Munja Haidate.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    I'm on the Coeurl server for PC/PS3 beta phase 3 if people have access. Munja Haidate.

ah is this what i look for on servers then?

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    just joined that server as a highlander,

• daviedigi wrote:
    just joined that server as a highlander,

I gather you're the only one?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Booted the PS3 up this morning after BT death killed the Beta download last night and I had to change my sodding password as it was identified as some kind of suspicious activity on my account. 

Have restarted the download this morning so will see if the Homehub can hold a connection for more than 10 mins.. Infinity my arrrrse!!
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • isanbard wrote:
    Booted the PS3 up this morning after BT death killed the Beta download last night and I had to change my sodding password as it was identified as some kind of suspicious activity on my account.  Have restarted the download this morning so will see if the Homehub can hold a connection for more than 10 mins.. Infinity my arrrrse!!

Powerline adapters, you need them.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    It's the HH plugged directly into the fibre switch that was the problem it seems. I've got a Airport Extreme that's powerlined into the HH that actually does any useful wifi (the HH simply won't find any of the Apple products in the house.. no real explanation as to why but it does appear to be a consistent HH3 issue for some) or ethernet work. 

The HH is upstairs next to the master socket and just DHCPs all the stuff that connects to the Extreme really. The PS3, Youview box, and TV itself are wired into the extreme and the XBox and everything else (iphones, ipads, Macbook etc) all wifi into it. 

It makes it quite easy to identify the problem often as you can still get access to the Extreme management and see it is fine but the internets it gets is just dead. 

I'm almost tempted to try a HH4 but surely it's the same kind of shite. I've already got perfectly fine dual band wifi thats stable from the Extreme so another pos box from BT would probably be money down the drain...
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Updato today: BT played nice and I've just logged out after the intro thing from Welyn and Midori (names not accurate...) 

Am in the Coerlyn server too but not too sure when I'd be on just yet with Lions, F1.. BBQs etc. So far.. so MMO. Refreshing to be able to do this kind of thing on the sofa with a pad though. Whether it will work for me with a pad we'll see but so far nae bad.
  • Good news.
    How does it look on PS3?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Looks pretty nice in the opening little glimpse I saw. Sadly the nephews are currently here so the character creation has gone a wee bit loopy. I now have a massive beefy dude wearing makeup and lippy... should go down well. hehe

Will report on more as and when I get back to it.
  • Got my 1.0 character back yesterday.  Wheeeeeeeee!
  • You can get beta keys from c@vg website , i posted in the Final Fantasy thread ( didn't know there was this thread )
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Has  anyone got experience of this Squeenix type beta? Do they reset the servers on launch would you think? No real beef either way but would be nice to know.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Is this ps4/ps3/pc crossplay?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Apparently so. I was reading that the PS3 players are generally identified as they don't respond to chat due to pad limitations.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Hmm Seems a bit buggy as you'd expect. Just had all the HUD disappear as I was trying to hand the first quest in to Mimodi. Had to dump out to the dash to get out so I wonder if I've lost all progress?? 

Beta is beta??

Progress report: Impressively I managed to get it to reboot back into the exact point where I had to crash out after the entire HUD disappeared so lost absolutely zilch. Hmm.. not bad. 
    Have now got my dubious orientation muscle bound freak to level 5 and can see how the trusty quest-o-grind seems perfectly well planted so far. Kill Disgruntled Bear to collect Disgruntled Bear Testicles to local pervert, gain 14.2 exp. 
    Managed to get involved in my first Fate event thing too and although I tried tanking as I should I don't think I was doing too much to help. As I was apparently underlevelled I think the perks from it were boosted though so no probs there. A nice little touch those Fate things. 

Sounds like plenty of you lot are fully versed in the MMO FF worlds already so this is presumably not new news but as a lapsed and very casual WoWer from many moons back it seems perfectly competent so far.. 5 levels in.. 

I could see how it could suck up the 5 quid a month or whatever if there was something persisting come August. How long is this Beta btw?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!