DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Liv your dick is a Crunchie
  • It is a wagon wheel mate.
    The old size not the joke they sell now.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    @Bwirl Read this if you fancy. Maybe not.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    Length is a measure of nothing useful.

Oh aye? ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:

Several thousand words on one of my least enjoyed games ever? Hmm. I can think of better ways to spend my time. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    YOU WILL FOREVER BE BLIND TO THE GLORY.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:

Several thousand words on one of my least enjoyed games ever? Hmm. I can think of better ways to spend my time. ;)

Oh, I remember that piece - can't remember who showed it to me as it was a while ago. Have the feeling it was googs but can't be sure.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    YOU WILL FOREVER BE BLIND TO THE GLORY.

Yeah, probably. MGS and MGS3 were brilliant, MGS2 is where the human soul goes to die. Odds on if hell is real, playing it over and over again will be my eternal punishment.
  • MGS3 really is truly special. Glad that game has such a devoted (albeit small) following.
  • Aliens: Infestation (DS)
    Too hard. 33% in and I've already lost all my soldiers.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    MGS3 really is truly special. Glad that game has such a devoted (albeit small) following.

MGS3 is the bee's knees. The bosses are bat shit crazy, but still not as mental as the motley lot that are meant to pass for elite soldiers in MGS2.
  • War Thunder

I love this game, but Gaijin have completely and utterly fucked up by throwing the PS4 players, most of whom have dual shock controllers, in with PC players, most of whom use keyboard and mouse so just have to point, click and have perfect aim (they control the reticle, the game points the plane for you). It's a complete massacre. Just to compound it more, all the PS4 players, inexplicably, have an asterisk next to their player name so the PC players know who is easy meat. Absolute fucking disaster of a move.

Almost given up on Wolfenstein. On the last level but I really can't be arsed any more. Still trying to work out why the reviews were so universally positive because, for me, it's mediocre and a but dull. Stupid AI, linear levels, unlikeable characters and silly difficulty spikes (doing it on hardest to get more bang for my buck). Taken me since launch to get this far mainly because I have no incentive to push past the hard parts. Looking forward to trading it in. It's this generations Area 51/Resistance. A second tier FPS that everyone's playing only because there's nothing else to play IMHO.

Regarding Sniper Elite 3. I'm really enjoying it. Mainly for the multiplayer which is the antithesis of CoD. Slow, steady and stealthy is the only way to play. With all the traps, it sometimes feels like a 3D Spy vs Spy!
  • Fract OSC

While it's fucking amazing, they don't tell you that it needs a decent sound card and that trying to run it on a bog-standard laptop audio chip will give you hellish unintended crackling and feedback. It can wait until I buy myself a proper gaming rig to go by the TV, for which I'm now including a half-decent sound card/chip in my requirements for. Maybe, by then, they'll have a VR version going, too; it'd be goddamn amazing.
  • Get a cheapish asio usb audio interface?
  • Nah, I'm not dropping £80 just to play one game.
  • It's not you Wild Arms, it's me. I just don't have the patience to be working out spatial puzzles while being sucked into the same random battles over and over, unfortunately. Regardless, it's a very charming JRPG and one that definitely provided enough quality nostalgia feels etc to more than justify the sale price purchase.
  • I played through Wild Arms on PS1. Even then the combat was a chore, and must seem even more so by today's standards. The ugly 3D graphics it switches into also don't help. There's a solid RPG in there otherwise, but I can appreciate how one would lack the patience for it.
  • The evil within

Enjoyed the time I spent with it but I'm on the last chapter now and it's proving frustrating, I could persevere and get it done but the game really hasn't given me the motivation. Throwing previous bosses at you in succession with the *thrilling* caveat that you now have to fight two of the same boss at once is just lazy design and watching the ending on YouTube will be more entertaining than having to slog through just to get to the end.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Just Cause 2
    Only started tonight but after three hours I've decided I'm too old to be wasting time looking at numerous loading screens for what should be one continuous video then having to traverse miles of countryside to complete a mission that's only a couple of minutes long.
    I loved the first one and expected to enjoy this but I dunno,maybe it's not the same or maybe things have moved on too much over the years.
    Anyway,on to Rainbow 6 Vegas 2. I really enjoyed the first and hope to enjoy this....
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Just Cause 2 did nothing for me. I don't know why but the world just didn't interest me the way the first did. Too much racial stereotyping, copy and pasted towns & bases and too much travelling, like you say. Being a bigger world doesn't make it better.
  • Thanks,I was starting to worry I wasn't giving it enough of a chance but like I said I'm too old and there's so many games and so little time!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Wolfenstein (2009) on Xbox 360

I borrowed a 360 from a friend, and Wolfenstein was on my list of games to catch up with, so I popped it into the tray.

Terrifying that something this bad could come from id software. Offences include:

- bullet wounds appearing and disappearing on enemies.
    - enemies that were hit in the chest, leg, etc. having their entire skin texture replaced with the bullet wound texture, giving the impression that their skin had fallen off.
    - enemies shouting "watch out, a grenade!" and then doing nothing at all to try and avoid it.
    - enemies that pick a bit of cover to fight from and never move, turning the game into whack-a-mole.
    - allied NPCs who say "follow me!" and then wait for you to lead the way.
    - a waypoint marker that tries to be too clever for its own good and ends up leading you the wrong way as often the right.
    - psychic enemies who know exactly where you are as soon as they see one of your nose hairs.
    - being insta-gibbed by "veil doors" despite there being no warning that such a thing was possible.
    - woeful hit detection; I've had my cross hairs placed squarely over a guy's head, and nothing. I've also shot a foot wide of the mark and had enemies fall over.

There's probably more. Up next: Space Marine. Fingers crossed this isn't as pants.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!