Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    They've got all the ingredients do Essendon.  Solid key backs, creativity off half back (Taylor Hunt may go to Dempsey when we meet), an A- midfield, good rucks and a dangerous and versatile forwardline.

I think we play you in a few weeks, might be undefeated both.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Yes. Should be a cracker of a game if both teams are injury free for the most part.

I still say Hawthorn, Geelong are the leaders but Essendon looks like an irresistible and hungry team at the moment, so on their day they could beat anyone.

In terms of consistency though it's still hawks, cats, swans and magpies for my money.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    jesus chriiiiiist Tigers, 10 metres short!  Goal umpire, wtaf
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Yes, amazing finish hey. Still, Leigh Matthews I think was saying its in the rules. Block by umpire = ball still in play.

Let's hope Luis Suarez doesn't jump codes when he visits.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Just saw the clip. What the fuck. What was he even doing there? Would he need to be right there to see if it goes over? Seems ridiculous to me. At least Richmond supporters can be consolidated by the fact that he got hit in the nads.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Sadly, goal umpires are eunuchs.
  • Oh my. Who saw the west coast capitulation last night? Port were 7 goals down, came back with 7 straight and a few more to make up for west coasts late goal. Ended up winning by 5.

Now three undefeated teams after round 5, apparently this has never happened before.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Was at Tool but heard later.  Never been a fan of Worsfold, strikes me as a sour petulant man despite his rep, so not bothered about their dip.

Hinkley in the process of proving wrong anyone who knocked him back for a senior coaching role.

Poor Richmond.
  • Bleugh, terrible week in Supercoach. Just when I thought I had a good team they play like shit.
  • I'll +1 the Hinkley kudos.

I'll not do the same for woosha hate. Fantastic coach and player.

Good melee at Nth v Hawks, by the looks.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Fantastic player but not a fan of how he comes across from behind the press table.  May be a great coach, I dunno.  Not quite hate, just not keen.

Missed the melee, will investigate.
  • I like my coaches grumpy with the press.

Must look and see if there's a Greg Popovich compilation on youtube. San Antonio Spurs coach, grumpy as a mofo with dumb questions, but his players love him and the Spurs have one more games than anyone in the last 14 years.
  • See also Malthouse.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Malthouse entertains on occasion, but I'm not terribly keen on his brand of post match patter either.  Might come as a shock but I do enjoy C. Scott's straight shooting.  He's very aware of his role as a conduit to the members so seems to give what he can and not hold back too much.  Easy when you're winning though.
  • I'm still great and you still love it.
  • So, big game this friday eh.

I can't see Geelong losing it though. No doubt Stevie J will pull off some bullshit goals in the 3rd to break the game open as per usual.
  • Pretty much. Will be very interesting though.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I expect Essendon to win.  No-one has adequately exploited our flat spots yet, but Dons are better equipped than anyone to do so.
  • Good first quarter. Essendon a little faster, a little more possession, but Geelong seem to have an edge in that they can go forward quickly after digging themselves out of an impossible defensive hole.
  • Not going to do running commentary, but the opening goals of the 2nd qtr from Myers and Hawkins were both crackers.
  • Game over. Essendon have the yips. Geelong get the rub of the green and gift wrapped bounces.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Ha, I said the exact opposite all night, Bombers got most bounces.  That's how we roll though.

Game was rather predictable actually; even start, Bombers got a run on, looked a million dollars.  At that point I declared we'd be in front at half time as there was half a quarter to go and that's when we do our best work.  Lo and behold...

Then, the battle of the third quarters which we have dominated for the year to date and so it proved, though Essendon did their best to kick themselves out of it.  A late flurry from the Dons in the last and we steadied.  Carbon copy of the Richmond game.

Considering we had one guy playing his first game, another playing his second, Blicavs playing his 7th and a bunch of others under 50 games, I'm quite happy.

Bombers will go deep in September from what I saw tonight.

On our scoring from defense, that's our game.  We got murdered in clearances, but we set you up to take the ball off you and when we did, bang bang bang.

Collingwood will beat us next week though, they always appear during our big winning sequences to knock us off.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Rather looking forward to Hawks/Swans this eve, Swans to Blicavs em.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Well, I was wrong.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Very wrong.  Franklin, holy shit.  Get to a telly non-Sydney supporters, he's on.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That would be all three of us.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Having said that, Sydney will still win and Hawks are MENTALLY FRAGILE

wtf has happened to HTB?  You can be spun 720 and still not get pinged.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    No, Hawks will win.  FUCK OFF TAB
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    This score review bollocks has to end, surely.  What a grotesque embarrassment.
  • Regarding Geelong, they changed their plan midway through the second quarter, or rather, they nutted out Essendons plan and dealt with it. Essendon players were continually under the pump for the rest of the match.

That said, I think it's a more valuable learning experience as a loss than a win, which might give false confidence early in the season like last year.

Essendon now have a better idea of where they need to improve, and Geelong are by far the yardstick of the league. They can easily win more flags in the next three years at least.

Quite scary to be honest. I think they might be approaching 1980s Hawthorn levels soon.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!