And so will you too
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yuffie Birthday, I hope your next year is free of Strife and brings you Aerithing you could wish for.
  • It's for my girlfriend. She will turn 26-28,

That's not how it works, you go from 26 to 27 Noxy.
  • Cheers. Although the inside text is already taken care of. It's rather a long essay in tiny font, with the purpose being that she has to hear this gold saucer theme repeating over and over for a long time while she struggles to read it
  • Next week on Noxy's World:

Guys, my girlfriend is mad at me over her birthday card.
  • My girlfriend is always gracious in receiving attempts to wind her up, which is great because sometimes I put a lot of effort in to it. She's exceptionally gullible so there's a lot of room for ambition and  creativity. I have to go to my German lesson now, but maybe when I'm back I can relive a few of my favourites.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Hang on... Cinty is in China and wants a street view of Taiwan? Start panicking Swirl!

Cinty communist spy, confirmed.

Cinty, try around the 101, Sun Moon Lake, the famous spots.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I have my registration and webspace with one provider and I get notifications from their customer portal. Bit late now of course but maybe going for an allin1 solution is better in the long run?
    Depends... You can save a lot of money splitting out certain things. If you're careful, and your requirements allow it, you can serve a '.com' for the price of the domain name (i.e. free) these days. That's a different convo though, tbh. But don't listen to me. I'm paying way too much for stuff at the moment. I need to take my own advice...
    You're right - shopping around and separating domain reg will be cheaper. It's the trade off re convenience I suppose. My website is only something I use for tinkering with PHP coding etc. Something I haven't gone back to in an age (in fact I think PHP is broken on it at the mo). I use it to host some images and 2600 ROMS I hack too. I use Jumpline. My domain costs $50 a year (inc. SSL certificate - it was $35 before that became necessary). The webspace hosting is $7 a month. I get Perl & PHP code, a couple of opensource databases, cPanel for managing, email (inc. email marketing which I obvs have no need for) and a decent selection of applications that I've never looked at (content management, wikis, forums et al). The support function/ticket raising is pretty good - I get fast responses and they seem to know what they are doing.  I can spend more if I want my own VM etc, but for what I need which is just a sandpit to play in, it's more than good enough.
    I've been using Digital Ocean for years, and that's good for general purpose stuff of a certain scale. I think they still do $5pm boxes (1GB Linux boxes). Recently though, I've been using Cloudflare.  Their DNS management tools and free caching services are well known, but they now have this 'Workers' product, which is a kind of alternative to AWS Lambda. Again, $5 a month, but you can serve an infinite number of static sites as long as you don't max out the quota, which is generous (like, 500,000 requests). There's a bit of a learning curve associated with it (which is bad, because it's a tie in), but being able to do processing on a CDN node is pretty awesome ('edge computing' I think, is the yuppie term for it), though I've not really needed it. With it, you can do stuff like serve pages based on the user's location without a 'traditional' webserver, which is fun, if you're into that sort of thing. X'D They have a free tier for this stuff too. But Netlify is also an option, and their free tier is legendary. Was thinking of trying that next time. @monkey - Good luck to your GF... Will be interesting to hear how that all works out, if you're willing to share. I think I'd just tap out, and change names, but that's not always an option.
    Nothing interesting in the end. It hadn't sold. The original guy I spoke to must have been high. The broker refunded the fee and redirected me to support to access the account we couldn't access and renew the domain. Cue three hours of phone calls and live chat and uploading passports to GoDaddy and the website is back up on the original url. 

In summary, I was wrong and my girlfriend was right in pursuing the original domain and I'm hoping she won't notice.
  • I’ve just told her. She did.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining. White icing, soon silver ribbon, character on top, boom.
  • Well, as it hadn't actually sold, surely GoDaddy were the ones in the wrong?

I did wonder if someone had actually bought it.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    That mostly sounds like good news. If I'm honest, I have just believed it had been bought, hearing about the broker. Thanks for sharing. :]
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Trying to fix this toy for the boy. One of the wires from the battery case has become disconnected. The red wire just visible at the bottom of the picture comes from positive battery position, the black one connected to the board at the bottom is from the negative. Anyone know where the red one should go? Is it just the place with the positive symbol next to the black wire?
    3PwOAfq.jpeg
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well the black one seems to have a negative symbol beside it so I guess the red one must go to the positive symbol but I don't know shit about electronics
  • Can you see or feel little broken off wire fragments sticking out the top of the solder blob there?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is it not the positive terminal above where the black wire is?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Not really, a bit maybe. But no more than others.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sorry just read your full post, that's what you're asking. Bare the copper and put it against the positive terminal and see what happens
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Cheers. It guess it's obvious enough but I wanted to check first, in case it blows up or something.
  • It does seem like the most likely candidate, aside from the marking you can usually guess by the length and position of the wire in the case, there might be only a couple of places it can reach.
  • If it's battery powered then it's unlikely that you'll do any harm. If it's mains then don't mess with it, but I'm sure you know that.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fixed. Cheers all.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Woohoo, happy Kalf
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Noice. Did you resolder it?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yep. I've also realised I need reading glasses as I could barely see what I was doing while soldering it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Well played, Kow. Sprog will now look at you like you're some kind of wizard
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well he thinks I broke it to begin with, so...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    I've also realised I need reading glasses

Happyarborday415.gif

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!