Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I've got a spare Baldur's Gate 1 Enhanced Edish, if anyone fancies it?

On what? I’ll take it if it’s on console please.

That was quoting the pc gaming thread, I'm afraid. Steam. Yours if that's of interest though!!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I got around the problem by setting Heroic to launch from the exe file directly. I may have to buy again on Steam if this inconvenience continues though.
  • Seeing some amazing stuff people are finding. Contextual dialogue for if your party is running around naked, for example. "Why's everybody got their knobs out?"

Come on, Larian. Starfield gonna be embarrassed.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Was just able to sneak up to an enemy, they acted startled, didn't attack, so I read their mind, then told them what they wanted to hear, I'm now running freely around the enemy camp. I know games like Cyberpunk say you can find alternative ways to play, but I generally found that as soon as you stealth fail it's instant combat.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I've got a spare Baldur's Gate 1 Enhanced Edish, if anyone fancies it?
    On what? I’ll take it if it’s on console please.
    That was quoting the pc gaming thread, I'm afraid. Steam. Yours if that's of interest though!!

Ach. If I had a Steam deck then yeah, but I don't have a laptop that can run games well. :(
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    I got around the problem by setting Heroic to launch from the exe file directly. I may have to buy again on Steam if this inconvenience continues though.

Bah, it's fucked. Got it to launch but my saves are gone. Last time I ever buy anything from GoG.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ouch! Dare I ask how many hours into it are you?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hardly any really. I mean was 30 hours into the early access but I've spent most of my time since launch trying to get the damn thing to run. So barely out of the octopus ship this time. My only annoyance is that I'll buy it on Steam and a fix will immediately appear for the Heroic launcher.
  • Seeing some amazing stuff people are finding. Contextual dialogue for if your party is running around naked, for example. "Why's everybody got their knobs out?" Come on, Larian. Starfield gonna be embarrassed.
    b0r1s wrote:
    Was just able to sneak up to an enemy, they acted startled, didn't attack, so I read their mind, then told them what they wanted to hear, I'm now running freely around the enemy camp. I know games like Cyberpunk say you can find alternative ways to play, but I generally found that as soon as you stealth fail it's instant combat.

This is it! Other games might have things like this happen here and there, but with BG3 it feels like you have these kind of options or character/race/class/and err clothing specific variations for almost every thing you do.
  • Had a chuckle in combat when our bard spent two entire turns trying to get to a goblin on a cliff who was peppering our team with arrows. When our bard finally climbed up there he promptly missed his sword swing, then thought fuck it, and just pushed the gobbo off the cliff. He lands flat on his back, alive but stunned, and right in front of my pet bear who was very happy to have found a new chew toy. 

I can only imagine the range of emotions going through that lil feller's head before it got torn off.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Can someone confirm that the Steam version is running on the Deck without issues now?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I downloaded it last night, the patch this morning and loaded it without changing any settings. Once the game started I set the graphics to medium, capped frame rate at 30 and lowered the particle stuff, played for about 45 mins with no issues, could sync also worked when I went back to PC.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ok, thanks.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Had a chuckle in combat when our bard spent two entire turns trying to get to a goblin on a cliff who peppering our team with arrows. When our bard finally climbed up there he promptly missed his sword swing, then thought fuck it, and just pushed the gobbo off the cliff. He lands flat on his back, alive but stunned, and right in front of my pet bear who was very happy to have found a new chew toy.  I can only imagine the range of emotions going through that lil feller's head before it got torn off.

:-)

Spiders are bastards

:-(
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I downloaded it last night, the patch this morning and loaded it without changing any settings. Once the game started I set the graphics to medium, capped frame rate at 30 and lowered the particle stuff, played for about 45 mins with no issues, could sync also worked when I went back to PC.
    Yeah, runs well post patch.
    Already considering getting this on PS5
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Yeah, runs well post patch.
    Already considering getting this on PS5

I would as well but Starfield, just finished FF16 so this could be good on the Steam deck
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • To be honest I’m glad I’m on holiday as I would’ve caved by now. Has anyone connected.

I’m guessing no one has connected it to their dock and tv/monitor yet?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Doing it later. Will report back.
  • Going to try the steam deck on the telly for the first time - can you use PS5 controller with it?

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah you can pair anything that will pair to steam.

@Kernowgaz I didn’t like it on my 4K monitor. Too much artifacting. I booted it into desktop mode to try different settings for FSR and resolution but maybe because the screen is so big it was too noticeable (I have also been playing on a decent PC so an unfair comparison). Gonna stick to handheld.
  • Going to try the steam deck on the telly for the first time - can you use PS5 controller with it?

Should be ok shouldn’t it?
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Yeah you can pair anything that will pair to steam.

@Kernowgaz I didn’t like it on my 4K monitor. Too much artifacting. I booted it into desktop mode to try different settings for FSR and resolution but maybe because the screen is so big it was too noticeable (I have also been playing on a decent PC so an unfair comparison). Gonna stick to handheld.

Cheers Boris
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm wondering if this would be playable on GeForce Now via the Xbox on the tv? I know the GoG version isn't compatible so it would entail getting the Steam version anyway.
  • Are any of you guys actually playing the game or are just too busy geeking out trying to run it on a plethora of platforms?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well I can't play it properly until it fucking works.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Spiders are bastards :-(

Except when you convince them to fight alongside you! 

Had our party's first really frustrating moment tonight. A bugged combat encounter required a reset to a previous save and we lost a good hour or so of progress. At least we learned to save more often I s'pose.
  • Jesus, this is some game

• Jesus, this is some game

You only playing on the Deck Charlie?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It works on the Deck but it really shines on the a big PC screen. Plus, it's a game that is made for mouse and keyboard. The Deck controls are a good workaround but not a substitute really
  • On my holiday and all in doing is googling the fucking game. Still deciding on a character...

Duergar Druid, maybe? Circle of Spores sub-class.

Dragonborn Sorcerer?

Drow Fighter / Wizard?

GAH!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!