Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It seemed unsure if it wanted to be properly comedic or not and wasn't well written enough to go down the Killing Eve route. Started well but by episode 5 it had gone properly down the toilet. Still watched it, mind, so not all bad.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    It seemed unsure if it wanted to be properly comedic or not and wasn't well written enough to go down the Killing Eve route. Started well but by episode 5 it had gone properly down the toilet. Still watched it, mind, so not all bad.

Good summary, pretty much nailed my feelings on that aspect.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Finishing series 2 of Gomorrah now and it is properly excellent, like the Sopranos but with all lowlifes and no glamour. It's properly dirty and nasty and Naples really looks like a total shithole.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Finished season one of War of the Worlds. hhmmmmmmmmmmm… …!!!

It becomes WotW in name only in S2, but it's worth finishing I think. It's a short season.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I enjoyed it, despite the very annoying French lad and the almost as annoying lead girl. Nothing memorable, but it entertained me.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Why is there no live TV on TV anymore? I mean there is the news I guess, some of that goes out live, but it hardly qualifies as entertainment these days. Then there are the morning shows like Loose Women and assorted breakfast TV shows but they are hardly what I would call prime time. I recall there was an episode of Corrie that went out live years ago, and what, before that? - wasn't Z-Cars performed live? But there are very few if any evening live shows on telly anymore. My points is this : if terrestrial TV is ever going to regain any of its former relevance in this age of streaming services, why doesn't it occupy genuinely unique territory, that of live performance? Something that most mainstream streaming services couldn't touch. Or is it that our appetite for being able to watch 'anything we want anytime we want' is so ravenous that we simply no longer crave live TV?

sport
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • So Sweet Home is absolutely bonkers then.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Innit? How far are you in?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I enjoyed it, despite the very annoying French lad and the almost as annoying lead girl. Nothing memorable, but it entertained me.

Oh god, the not-blind-anymore girl is really doing my head in. And yeah, French kid needs a good hiding.
    Get schwifty.
  • There’s a good French farmer coming up in season two, so it’s not all bad.
  • mk64 wrote:

sport
    Spoiler:
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Wheel of Time done, very average fantasy fare, hopefully a light appetizer for the TLOTR series.
    Spoiler:

Caught up with The Expanse and it’s smashing it this season, love the main characters.
    Things can only get better.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That Harlan Coben thing Stay Close went on last night for about 25 mins then was turned off. Terrible, insufferable and unnatural dialogue. Horrible, unlikeable and annoying characters. Laughing black guy, am I meant to like him? Because he's a cunt. Everything just seemed fake. Characters doing that thing that really pisses me off where they talk guardedly about things that they understand but don't bother to explain to the viewer, as if that adds to the mystery. Like you're meant to feel clever if figure it out yourself, and you do because it's obvious. At the same time in other places the characters explain the story in detail to each other. Total shit, must remember to blacklist the name Harlan Coban.
  • I just don’t get it. Why did Netflix pay so much, for such a long-term deal, on shows that so far have all been shit. All of these Harlan Coben series feel like cheap knock-offs of actual TV thrillers.
  • The only one that seemed OK, was the Spainish one (I forget the name) but they may be because the awful script was glossed over with a foreign language.
  • I read one Harlan Coben book and binned him as an author.  Insufferably smug "look how clever I am" plotting.  Same with that Michael C Hall series (Safe?).  Just ludicrously unbelievable.
  • Even if the plotting is shit, why are these purportedly expensive shows not well scripted, well shot, well lit, etc? Why do they all have this ‘cheap tat’ vibe to them?
  • Is the main expense securing the rights and it's then filmed on a shoestring?
  • Mr Inbetween.

watched the first couple of episodes. first was pretty boring, second was a bit less boring.
    I'll try a couple more, partly from the love for it in here, but mainly cos I had a thing for Anne from neighbours when i was younger and it seems she still hits my buttons now.
    i did find it a bit odd though (possibly so minor as not to even be a spoiler)
    Spoiler:
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • They have seen each other from afar dog walking for months. Plus she has an fetish for blokes with teeth like broken piano keys.
  • If you really want to see the star punching above his weight watch
    Spoiler:
  • Yeh - theres not a lot of depth on Mr Inbetween, and its all the better for it IMO. 

The half hour episodes eliminate a lot of the fluff that make other tv shows drag on for an hour.
  • I thought it nailed the sense of foreboding that you got with BB, Sopranos and early seasons of Thrones. There's a 15 minute sequence of events in S2 with off the chart tension. The episodes are brief but even the red herrings must be on the edge of their seat.
  • I've run out of Hap & Leonard novels to read so I guess I just needed some fights, guns & lols.

Edit: it's Hap & Leonard meets Quarry!
  • Finally finished money heist. Good stuff.

Please no more. Everything is basically tied up. We're happy.

God bless every actor in it, they were all fucking awesome.

3 eps into s6 of expanse. Setting up nicely.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Innit? How far are you in?

Only two episodes. The special effects are a mix of shonky and very unnerving, but overall it's pretty great.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I ditched Stay Close when the two cartoon characters showed up.  The shows are so tonally strange. There's always someone that behaves like they're in a kid's show.  Dunno if that's something from the books.
  • His Netflix deal is to produce 14 separate drama series over five years. 14. And so far they’ve all been rubbish.
  • Speaking of which, what happened to Mark Millar’s huge deal with Netflix? I think all he’s produced so far is Jupiter’s Legacy, which was canned after one season.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!