adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The men’s competition has become a bit of a joke in this now.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • 3 Body Problem on Netflix is great. 5 episodes down now and it's really picking up pace.

I love it.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • New taskmaster Thursday
    The Forum Herald™
  • Was thinking of starting 3 body problem. So, it's good?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • hunk wrote:
    Was thinking of starting 3 body problem. So, it's good?

Yep
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Cheers wookie, will look into it!
  • Game of the Thrones show Runners apparently?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Was thinking of starting 3 body problem. So, it's good?

No. It's boring and dumb.
  • Okay, now my interest is peaked!
  • Piqued.

I'm sorry.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Maybe his interest has peaked. It's all downhill now.
  • Shakira can peak me anytime!
    (Whenever, whereever)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Chibi Godzilla is back next month.

Chibi_Godzilla_Raids_Again_Season_2_Chibi_Godzilla_Minus_One_English_teaser_poster_600x600.jpg

Season 1 of this was a fun diversion.
  • Season 1 of slow horses done.
    Good stuff.
    Though the chat in here did lead me to believe it was an actual comedy so the first half of ep 1 was a bit weird waiting for it to descend into farce before realising it's a genuine spy thriller thing ;)

Not saying it's not got its funny moments, lamb's team pep talk was a particular highlight ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • New taskmaster about to start channel 4.
    Excite!
  • I got almost all the way through Season 7 of House before Amazon started giving me ads. They're now getting longer.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ads are up to one and a half minutes now, definitely binning it off in July.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I’m almost enjoying the Netflix 3 Body adaptation but my god have they created some awful central characters. Having done some of the hard sci-fi aspects relatively well, it feels lazy to have fairly one dimensional amalgamated characters with bullshit interpersonal issues. I’m only halfway through so will finish it but I can’t see those aspects improving.

No great surprise I guess but I was trying to be optimistic given some of the positive reviews. In context they now mostly read as ‘best we could hope for’ so feels like letting the creators off lightly.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    For All Mankind has fell off pretty sharp in the second series. Some genuinely bad WTAF moments going on and they've managed to ruin a good character from the first series
  • Cos wrote:
    I’m almost enjoying the Netflix 3 Body adaptation but my god have they created some awful central characters. Having done some of the hard sci-fi aspects relatively well, it feels lazy to have fairly one dimensional amalgamated characters with bullshit interpersonal issues. I’m only halfway through so will finish it but I can’t see those aspects improving.

No great surprise I guess but I was trying to be optimistic given some of the positive reviews. In context they now mostly read as ‘best we could hope for’ so feels like letting the creators off lightly.

Have you read the books Cos? Just wondering how it compares.
  • It's a bit of a looser take on the novels - most of the characters have been changed/invented for the show, it's all much more Westernised in setting, and I think it's drawing on elements from all the novels in order to linearize it a bit. I've also been enjoying it, though agree with Cos that the central characters are easily the weakest element. I think it shines when leaning more into the hard sci-fi concepts of the novels, but slogging through episodes of will-they-won't-they interpersonal drama in amongst it all is pretty frustrating.
  • Just finished "the secrets she keeps" which is an Australian thriller / drama thingy on BBCiplayer.  It is a bit twisty/turney but not at the Harlan Coben levels of nonsense.  Some good performances, some wooden but overall passable and will keep female companions happy.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Agree with Kaz’s summary. I really enjoyed the books and thought there were good dynamics between characters already without the relationship aspect. I still need to finish it but definitely feels like it’s missing something important so far.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    For All Mankind has fell off pretty sharp in the second series. Some genuinely bad WTAF moments going on and they've managed to ruin a good character from the first series

Glad I’m not the only one. There have been positives throughout but think it’s had a slight downward trajectory over last few seasons.

I’ve got a couple of season 4 episodes to finish but the themes it’s touching in this series are really starting to make it feel like a poor man’s Expanse. I  won’t be returning for 5 even if the show does.
  • She's rewatching an earlier season of American Horror Story. I think it's either season two or thee, set in an insane asylum/coven. Just wanna say, Jessica Lange is sensational in it. Chewing the fuck out of those lines, sharp as anything. She's wonderful when she's on screen. Everything else, bit meh, but she is amazing.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Cos wrote:

Glad I’m not the only one. There have been positives throughout but think it’s had a slight downward trajectory over last few seasons.

I’ve got a couple of season 4 episodes to finish but the themes it’s touching in this series are really starting to make it feel like a poor man’s Expanse. I  won’t be returning for 5 even if the show does.

Massive spoilers inside for the second series of For All Mankind:
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    That sub-plot was widely hated and unfortunately instead of leaning out of it in Season 3, the showrunner decided to be contrary and leaned in instead.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You're joking
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm pretty upset at that. I thought she was an excellent character in the first and I loved the tension and drama back home as much as the off planet stuff. They absolutely nailed that whole side to it in the first series but this is turning into some shite soap opera thing

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!