Zen through anger, or: Your moods when you game.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    I only get mad when I'm playing online ( say bf3 for example) and the gf will say something along the lines of "will you pause that and pass me my brew darling"?
    Usually the reply is 'it dosn't pause when I'm playing online but yes of course I'll pass you your cuppa that's right next to you'!!!

Pregnant women are super lazy!
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • How dare they what with their bodies utilising twice the amount of resources to nurture your prospective offspring!

The cheek of it!

edit: safety wink, safety wink ; )
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy is taken tonight anyway Nick ;)
  • Oh I didn't think you were being ungrateful.

Sounds like you might be after Reginald is done with you though
  • Last chapter of Resi 5 will soak up any goodwill I had left for that game.
  • I need DLC partners for RE5, you got that?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Its all gone a bit sexy in here
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Bit awkward for me. I liked it when it was all tantrums and chewing on controllers, I could relate to that.
  • I'm pretty relaxed playing most games. Online Forza has pissed me off when someone decides to join the game just to spoil it - driving the wrong way around the track, constantly shunting you off the road etc....

I did get very irritated with Ninja Gaiden 2 on 360 as I got stuck on the first boss (Genshin) and I just couldn't beat him. I traded the game and played it again a couple of years later and got past him on the second attempt. That's better! Then I met the second boss and I'm not sure that I even managed a hit before I died. Rather calmly, I just decided that I really didn't have the time and the game was traded again. Sigma 2 on PS3 is considerably easier as I have completed that.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nick wrote:
    I need DLC partners for RE5, you got that?

I'll be your guy. Tempy has now played through the main game twice - I can't imagine he will want to look at it again. EXCEPT WE NEED TO DO 1-1 TEMPS ME OLD SON
  • It's mostly MP that flicks my scrotum, two things in particular, the actions of other players and lag/netcode.

MP shooters, BF and GRFS, objective based but dominated by players that just want to fuck about, playing only for kills, camping objectives. Conversely, these games are so reliant on their netcode, so it dismays me that these two titles have an appalling technological spine running through them. Employing any kind of skill or tactic goes out of the window when your flanking manoeuvre or objective intent is destroyed because Joe USA can soak up a full clip, spin on a dime and one shot you.

My ire has never resulted in broken hardware or disc abuse, it mostly manifests in a barked "bollocks" or somesuch profanity. Like others the missus will question why I'm playing game X if it's so frustrating, to which she always gets, "Do you know what love? I really don't know."
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I get a lot more annoyed with having to replay sections of retail games than I used to.  Back in the early 90s if you ran out of lives/continues, you threw a paddy for a few minutes, perhaps took a break for a peanut butter sandwich, then dived straight back in - from the beginning.  With modern games I often get annoyed at dying even when I'm unfamiliar with the section I'm attempting, despite the fact that checkpoints are far more generous than they were fifteen years ago.  I'm generally quite moody when I play games nowadays.
  • Gremill wrote:
    If anything, these days I get the most aggravated my the moods of others.  Playing XBL games and having to listen to the constant moaning, rage and annoyance  of other players can go from comical to pathetic pretty quickly.
    Sorry about that Grem, you too for yesterday Carbon.  @Tempy - So you first get angry at the game, then hit the zen/super focused/Neo at the end of The Matrix mode? Works the other way for me, once the anger levels rise I can hardly press the right button.  Have there been any studies into this? I'm thinking from the perspective of competitive sports too, with that Rooney goal where he was arguing with the ref three seconds before smashing a volley in from thirty yards. Some people must be better at channeling the anger and making use of it, others just get consumed by it. Re: Dark Souls, I didn't find Four Kings too hard, done them on my third attempt (possibly got lucky as I did with Capra). The last boss was a relentless bastard for me though, he doesn't even give you time to chug an estus between attacks, the cheap swine.

I like how everyone assumes it's BF3 that does it.  Well, yeah, I suppose it is - but you guys don't annoy me that much (ever)
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't suppose it helps though. I think we even put Frantic off it before he'd even downloaded the patch a few days ago.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!