The Annual End-of-Year Games Madness Arrrrgh! Thread
  • Definitely FIFA13 and Assassin's Creed III: Liberation.  After that there are no definites, but I'm tempted by GT5: Academy Edition (because I've realised how GT looks), Assassin's Creed III (because I haven't played any AC since the original, and it looked great at E3), Need for Speed: Most Wanted (I'll see how this goes, it depends on forum love and budget), Marvel's Avengers: Battle For Earth (the least likely, tbh) and LittleBigPlanet Karting (because adkmette likes LBP and karting games).
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll probably Need for Speed, but again, as ADKM said, depends on two things.
  • Pokemon B/W 2 & Halo 4 are the only games on that list that make me raise an eyebrow. With DLC for Dark Souls, a trip to Demon Souls, a little time with Binary Domain with a few break out sesh's on Counterstrike & MK7 should see me through to the end of days on the 21st.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Day One:
    Halo, XCOM, Need for Speed

First price drop:
    Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, 007, Dishonoured

Whenever:
    Medal of Honour, Forza, Resident Evil 6

Sad that Resi6 is sitting so far down.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3 and the WiiU for me. Maybe another 3DS game, but I think I prefer to get 3D Land before any of the games released later this year.

And maybe Need for Speed, depends on the forum love. 

Might actually get to play games.
  • For me... Jet Set Radio followed by Borderlands 2. That should keep me plenty busy until Resident Evil 6 hits and to finish the year I'll get Far Cry 3. And I doubt I'll get any time to play anything other than Borderlands 2 for the first weekend anyway.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I saw you eyeing up CS:GO too Wookie, you buys lot of games you don't have time to play, don'tcha?
  • Only FIFA, not really bothered about anything else.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I saw you eyeing up CS:GO too Wookie, you buys lot of games you don't have time to play, don'tcha?

I CAN'T HELP IT... IM JUST TOO WEAK AND EASILY INFLUENCED!!!! :(
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Resident Evil 6
    XCOM Enemy Unknown
    Doom 3: BFG Edition
    James Bond 007: Legends
    Forza Horizon
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter
    Assassin's Creed III
    Need For Speed: Most Wanted
    Halo 4
    Hitman: Absolution
    Far Cry 3

Interest in all the above, but in reality it's only Most Wanted that will get release day treatment.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Right. Rethought about this.

Wii U
    Boulder Puncher 6
    NFS
    Dishonoured
    Hitman
    Borderlands 2
    Hitman HD collection

That should see me through. I like Hitman btw.
  • Halo 4 is the only odds-on release day purchase for me, unless they fuck up the campaign with all the set piece stuff (I'm already a bit miffed with the COD-like mp perks shit). 

Depending on reviews, I might pick up Assassin's Creed III when it hits £20 (I ended up disliking II, the only entry in the series I've played, as the GOTY edition dragged on too long, the fighting was beyond poor and THE CODEC PAGE QUEST, but as adkm says the E3 demo looked great). 
    Possibly a 3DS for Power of Illusion (and then, at last, Super Mario 3D Land).
    Possibly Pro Evo.

There's not even any downloadable games I particularly want.  I'll probably spend the winter months happily playing cheapo copies of Mass Effect 3, Darksiders 2 and Spec-Ops: The Line. 

Is a Sly Racoon game still on the way?  If so I'll probably get that.
  • Nowt new except BlOps 2. Will be wrapping up Dark Souls and MGS2, starting MGS3/4 over, starting Peace Walker and will probably pick up Under Defeat HD on Xbox when it's less than £20. That should keep me going until April. Although that's optimistic.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • So much for there being no games I'm interested in this year.
    Last 2 weeks has seen me pick up Darksiders 2 and Tales of Graces f thanks to trade ins.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!