Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Check the comments.

Oh good god no.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • At first I thought people were taking the piss. But no.
  • Actually it's a Scottish eyebrow which is taking its time getting established.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    WorKid wrote:
    Check the comments.

Oh good god no.

Read them with an open mind. There is actually a lot of evidence that the moon is just a hologram. I'm now officially uncertain about the whole thing.
  • If you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    If you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.

QFT.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • These moon fuckers are A grade batshit. I spend an alarming amount of time talking to conspiracy theorists so I'm gonna fun with these.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • I thought 9/11 was an inside job for a bit. What made me change my mind was an Adam Curtis documentary, it wasn't specifically about 9/11 and i can't remember why it changed my mind, but yeah. First point since 2014! I was browsing the tin foil hat thread and saw the link.
  • Welcome, Djornson.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Oh God, Freethinker! What happened to him again?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I think my worst take for years was my initial reaction to the this is america music video, smdh at myself. I was pretty sure I was in the "I don't understand what the point is, oooh lookout he shot up a choir, how edgy" I dunno. Either way, most incorrect I've been on anything in years, still smdh as I type this. What a brainlet take.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Djornson wrote:
    I thought 9/11 was an inside job for a bit. What made me change my mind was an Adam Curtis documentary, it wasn't specifically about 9/11 and i can't remember why it changed my mind, but yeah. First point since 2014! I was browsing the tin foil hat thread and saw the link.

I think 9/11 and the moon landings are pretty similar conspiracies in terms of what it is at the core that both conspiracies revolve around and it's easy to buy into the angle of "THE US GOVERNMENT DID A THING TO FURTHER IT'S GLOBAL AGENDA AND IS COVERING IT UP, THE SHITBAGS" because US government are indeed shitbags who do things all the time to further their foreign policy aims and a lot of them are shit.

I think 9/11 also has the idea that "this event was so shocking and unlikely, there's no way it could have been a load of people from countries we don't like who are so inferior to us, foiling every single security protocol that "must" have been in place at the time".
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yeah i think it seemed more feasible that it was an inside job then the insane amount of things that happened to lead to the point of the reality. That kind of sums Adam Curtis documentaries. Our society is soooooooo fucking complicated nobody really has a clue why what is happening is happening. People try do things they think are good and it backfires and fucks everything up.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I think my worst take was thinking that Microsoft wouldn't drop the Kinect from the Xbox One.
  • In February 2020, I was part of the "it's just a simple flu-type virus, it'll be fine" group of idiots.

Wow, was I wrong.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Apropos of a number of threads. I've read a lot of Sam Harris.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I was introduced to Harris via his email exchanges with Chomsky. Hat tip you, I think, Face?

It seemed pretty clear from those that he’s a lightweight. His subsequent endeavours to monetise reactionary and even racist ideas under the guise of scientism, empiricism, reason (and even helping come up with marketing and branding for this, such as Intellectual Dark Web) condemns him to shyster status at best
  • Other than that I’m wrong about pretty much everything
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    In February 2020, I was part of the "it's just a simple flu-type virus, it'll be fine" group of idiots.

Wow, was I wrong.

I think almost everyone is in that group. We'd had potential pandemics pop up and get under control without troubling us before. I thought, and hoped, that this was going to follow the same trajectory. Even as it was creeping west I thought our government would have been able to do something like quarantine new arrivals etc to stop it in its tracks. More fool me I suppose
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Brexit. Quite liked the idea the UK could stand on it's two feet, despite knowing the 'doubting Thomases' had very, very good arguments. Even at the polling station was in two minds. Give 'em a chance eh?  The cunts didn't really have a plan after all and scattered like rats. Yeah, big regrets and sorry to everyone with every atom in my body.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Pretty sure history has proved me right on all of these things.

Smug.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've still never been wrong
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Odd that I keep disagreeing with Tiger tho, given his post above. Hmm.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The way those buildings came straight down in 9/11 was amazing in a horrific way. We are used to seeing footage of controlled demolitions so it's easy to see why that would fuel suspicion. But I have to say it never occurred to me that it would be an inside job.

Re Brexit and Trump - I both thought they were mistakes but I was of the mind - let's see what happens. I reserved judgement. Neither have appeared to have worked out well.

Brexit could have been "all right" had there been a plan.

I remain hopeful that should Irish Unity get the "green" light :)  that there will be a plan. Not a great track record though. :(   I don't think it would be like the reunification of Germany for example.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    I was introduced to Harris via his email exchanges with Chomsky. Hat tip you, I think, Face?

It seemed pretty clear from those that he’s a lightweight. His subsequent endeavours to monetise reactionary and even racist ideas under the guise of scientism, empiricism, reason (and even helping come up with marketing and branding for this, such as Intellectual Dark Web) condemns him to shyster status at best

Yeah but he went on Rogan so how bad can he really be?

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I know I've been wrong on a load of stuff, but I try not to ever double down on my wrongness if presented with stuff otherwise.

I genuinely think that so much unnecessary aggro I see on the Internet (and at times here) is in people refusing to simply go "oh, you're right, sorry."

I know there's times I've not done that, but it's something I really consciously try to do.
  • As a younger and more foolish boy I once traded in FF8 and Metal Gear Solid for Fade to Black and Nightmare Creatures.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I traded in a SNES with cib copies of many rpgs like Secret of Mana, and the big box Super Metroid, or a copy of secret of evermore that I never played, or Mega Man X which I did played.

Traded for an N64 with Mario, Shadows, and (not Pilotwings) Turok

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!