PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Er, the mental health thread remains open, should anyone need it.

aimed at me?

i do really mean to use it but as my situation becomes worse i tend to keep more to myself, i know its possibly the wrong thing to do and god knows i need the support but thats just how i am.
    plus iv around a thousand posts to catch up on particular thread.....and...i still wouldnt know were to start on my explanation of things.     

il try to keep the positivity as much as possible and pretend everything is allright though.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I thought the single comment about Nu-Ellie flashing her tits to her Oxford friend was a bit much and a bit out of sequence with the rest of the discussion/argument. It seemed like a nasty little dig to me.

I thought the same.

Andy chose to insult Ellie for whatever reason. All right, then. But the considerable randomness of a dig based on advantageous employment of femininity raised the question of misogyny in my mind. I'm not saying Andy is because I don't know him, but that's definitely how it read to me. I wasn't taking sides in that particular paddy, but why tits?

Are we to bring up Dante's hideous parachute in future arguments? Ellie can handle herself - none of my business, but I did think the extraneousness of that comment showed Andy in a negative light.

I suspect (although i might be totally wrong!) in light of this thread she won't want preferential treatment because of whatever else is going on in her life.

Agreed, and...

Gonzo wrote:
    I also thought "drama queen", in the corner of my mind.

Fair enough.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i like ellie,
    i like boobs,
    halo not so much!

stay anyway, il make you a cup a tea.

• What Gonzi said.
    I will apologise if anything I posted caused offence, it wasn't my intention, but a lot of it was random (and that is all it was) which obviously, being random, can be taken in many different ways.
    Now get better so we can talk about cats.
  • So awesome!
    One of mine is a sleep next to me with her face pressed against the sofa. They are little fluffy retards lol
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Truthahn1 wrote:
    better people just think of me as a pair of boobs than a "psycho" or a "retard".

We once had a member called Kenichi from Japan who posted lots of photos of himself. It went down badly with a few members because he was still quite new when he started, and - the cheek! - he was good-looking.

We're all down with folks wearing whatever helps them to feel a bit better about themselves, but - and I totally understand your reasoning - your cleavage was superfluous to most of us. We're middle-aged duffers in the main.

I believe Andy just thought you were preying on potential gawpers to win favour, having not read the MH thread to realise the likely - and now confirmed - reason.

All the best.
  • Truthahn1 wrote:
    I freaking love cats. Some are cunning and some are thick, just like people. I left mine upstairs when I came down to post this rubbish; best go upstairs and reunite with them... Rosalie has the v-e-t in the morning. :S She's being microchipped though, so then she will really be officially "Rosalie" and officially at this house, and I will buy her a little pink heart with her name on. :)
    My two were chipped when we got them and registered with boring names, we renamed them but forgot which is which, oops.

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Truthahn1 wrote:
    If he had a problem, he should have mentioned it at the time.

I don't think it had anything to do with anything. I can see what he was conclusion-jumping to, but he's been around long enough to know this forum isn't vulnerable to that sort of noise.

Until Skerret gets 'em out again.
  • Turk why are you holding trannies captive, are you making an ironic woman suit
  • Brooks wrote:
    Turk why are you holding trannies captive, are you making an ironic woman suit

This is an issue that has clearly been covered up with other, less important issues.
  • It's just I know a thing or two about stitching leather and everyone's being so helpful so
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Truthahn1 wrote:
    If he had a problem, he should have mentioned it at the time.
    I don't think it had anything to do with anything. I can see what he was conclusion-jumping to, but he's been around long enough to know this forum isn't vulnerable to that sort of noise. Until Skerret gets 'em out again.
    If you was ever there when I let em all loose lad, it'd scare you to death.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Truthahn1 wrote:
    I also wanted to clear up a few misunderstandings I think some people have about me and what has been going on recently. I just wanted a chance to clear all of this up, and then I will probably not frequent the forum much any more, having been met with mostly positive people, but also some real negatives. I am also going to the hospital this weekend for assessment, so I will not want the extra stress. My ex and best friend, Fenton, invited me into a group on Halo in order to play some games with him and some of the "great guys from the forum". I then joined this forum after being invited by some members after a fun evening of gaming, and I was assured that I would be welcome. I admit to not knowing at first how the forum worked. I assumed that posts in one thread were part of the conversation of that thread and would not be dragged into other threads. This was perhaps naive of me, but it was a simple mistake. I was speaking in the Love Sucks thread about my ex, because it is something which is in my thoughts a lot at present. I did not say anything negative about him and refused to do so because he might read them (which is why I said he was on the forum, so no one would inadvertently post something negative which might offend), and for his own privacy I did not let everyone know his name. Everything I have said which has mentioned him has been discussed in great detail between the two of us and is not a source of conflict. I would not have said anything on the forum which I did not want him to know. I then, naively as I have said, posted in a different thread a picture which I have always found funny, which other people then assumed was of him. This was a simple mistake and I immediately tried to remove it and rectify the issue, with some difficulty. I had said that I did not want to reveal his identity or interfere with him on here in any way, because that was never my intention in coming on the forums, but some people decided that it would be a juicy bit of gossip and would not let the matter drop. Now, about the posts in other threads. Again, I did not think that what I had posted in the Mental Health thread would be common knowledge to anyone. It is hard to explain to people who do not have this condition, but I often act like two very different people. One of them is the person who I showed in the Mental Health thread and the other is the person with whom many of you play Halo and who has been posting in the majority of the other threads. The comments I made in the Technology thread were supposed to be a little tongue-in-cheek, but also a friendly warning to certain people that you should not just brutally insult people, accuse them of being a slut and telling them that they are stupid, stubborn and wrong and that all of their friends are annoying morons without expecting some kind of reaction. I posted the link to the MH thread in reply to an accusation that I was being "oversensitive", which may have been true, and that is why I sent the link to explain why. I would also like to explain that I have cripplingly low self-esteem and any bluster and apparent obsession with my chest is simply a cover to hide how nervous I have been around new people - better people just think of me as a pair of boobs than a "psycho" or a "retard". I also sometimes struggle to read people even in person, and on the internet it is sometimes just plain impossible to gauge the reaction people will have to something... I can only do my best and apologise or explain myself if people take offence. I was not bothered by the majority of the banter and light insults which are bandied around the forums. I know not to take the majority of these personally, but I did feel that some of the insults (on a completely pointless topic, I might add) were leaning towards the very personal and frankly rude and intentionally hurtful. This is something which I also noticed a lot of other people commenting on, and I saw a number of comments asking that the thread be "sunk". As a n00b, I thought this meant that the thread be closed and, seeing no option for it myself, responsibly asked (for the good of all parties) that the thread be closed. I was not aware that this was "not done" and that I would be accused of receiving "special treatment" and resented for it. I am not a moron, I can cope with an amount of banter like anyone else. I do, however, find it hard to come into a group of established friends and have my every action judged and my every mistake brought up again and again, completely out of context, and with little provocation. I very much enjoy playing Halo with a lot of people on here, and I would like to continue to do so. I don't think that I have offended anyone during our gaming sessions, and I have never received a personal message from anyone professing that they have a problem with anything I had said. If I had, I would of course have apologised and attempted to resolve the situation, but as it was, these comments were all made behind my back, with some people even thinking I should be "banned from the forum" for reasons I still don't know. I will continue to play Halo online, because I love the game. If anyone has a real problem with me, feel free to let me know and I will either do my best to improve myself or avoid you, whichever you prefer. I'm sure there are aspects on here which I have not covered, but I have tried my best to explain the situation, and I suppose that if people decide they wouldn't mind me coming back, I will come back when I am out of the hospital. Kind regards, Elena

Stick around, there have been worse starts.  Maybe we'll start a thread about them.

The Kenichi saga did prompt one of the funniest multi thread pic extravaganzas seen by this or any forum.  G.man remembers this.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    kenichi pics were the best!
    shame we dont have accesss to all them pics and threads no more. ;(

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    The people that made them know who they are.
  • I miss Kenichi. He was a thoroughly lovely chap. Interesting to boot.
    I'm inclined to believe that he was always just passing through rather than pitching his tent though.
    Don't recall anything malicious, and I'm pretty sure the hilarious 'shops were taken in good spirits. Was never aware of any animosity to the fella.

rambling now

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i just thought real life got in the way.

i loved that metal gear thread (i think) were g kept popping in with his own codec calls!
    (my favourite\most memorable thread ever).

• NB - my 2p:
    We should cut n00bs some slack til we know them better.
    I wasn't posting in the welcome thread and wasn't even reading that tech thread as I had no interest. Would chat to the new punter on the forum when they're in one of the threads I have an interest. What half baked conclusions I can draw about a person after a few posts is meaningless til they've been around a while - people relax and act differently once they've settled in and adjusted to the climate. Would hope I wouldnt reach for the bag of pedantic argument so quickly, would certainly hope that I'm not so invested in proving myself right that I'd reach for the heavier bag of personal insults.

Appeals to "tradition" are bullshit - akin to a warning page after registering that says "welcome to the B&B! please be warned that we are dickheads".
    Saying "adkm was just being adkm" is short for "adkm is often a dick, but we already know this and temper our expectations of him and his behaviour with the benefit of familiarity". And really, he did take it to personal insults - something he's been on the receiving end of before and rightly complained about, so he should fucking know better, especially as he was dishing it out to someone who had only just joined.

Cut n00bs some slack - if you're so personally-invested in the forum and being correct all the time that you can't just ignore posts/threads/a forumite and you're getting abusive towards someone you don't really have the first clue about, then fuck me you need to reassess a few things.
  • Well, that's quite the read after a night shift.

Ellie, I did tell you, in the Love thread, what I thought of some of your posts, so your "that would be the mature approach" isn't appreciated.

I also don't appreciate some of you here dictating how others should read the forum, or deciding, without knowledge, how others handle mental health, or what actually went on.

There was a claim, I forget by who, that there were calls for Ellie to be banned.  There were also claims (again, I forget by who) that this was 'all over Twitter', as though Ellie's name was being dragged through the mud.  Not so.  Over maybe ten or twenty tweets, a few folk brought others up to speed on the tech thread, and one reason made an obviously flippant remark about a ban that had pretty much nothing to do with either the mental health or tech threads.

I find it frankly objectionable to suggest that the tech thread contains either a series of insults by me, or 'ragging' of anyone.  There was one remark, intended as a joke, about Ellie's friends which was intended as a joke (how on earth could I know anything about her friends?  Seriously, come on) but I was annoyed by the way Ellie responded.

My knowledge or otherwise of the mental health thread is immaterial.  That is not to say I treat mental health flippantly.  I deal with people with various mental health problems, on a professional basis, almost daily, at least weekly during a quiet period.  Mental health is not a get out of jail free card that can be waved as it was in that thread.  It is not helpful to anyone to tiptoe around someone with depression, or someone who is suicidal, and forgive their every indiscretion.  If you don't like what I'm saying, tough.

What rankles me most about this is not Ellie's reaction, though.  She came breenging into the forum with several distasteful posts in a few threads, but it's nothing worse than we've seen before, and where I have challenged her there has been, in all honesty, nothing much to it.  What leaves a nasty taste in my mouth is the way the forum has reacted to it.  I don't know if it's because she's a girl and you're on her like flies on shit, or if it's some misguided notion that encouraging or applauding the behaviour is better than challenging it, but it's been a sight to behold.

In the history of these forums, I have never seen anything quite so precious as some of the posts in this thread.  For some, I'm not surprised, but in general it's a bit pathetic.
  • Don't get me wrong here, wishing Ellie all the best and offering support is not pathetic.  I hope you get better soon, Trut.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    as do we all.

• FYI that twitter shit about the thread, super fucking ghey.

Everyone on twitter from the B&B could see it, and it came off like fucking school girls bitching about someone behind their back.

That said you are correct on the rushing to the defence of the poor damsel in distress by others, it was amusing and humiliating to watch in equal measures.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Good man.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • See this is just confirming the foulness of Twitter again.
  • Don't blame Twitter.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • I know nothing of this Twitter malarkey, and that's the way it's going to stay. Anything I comment on here is being done on the basis of something I've read on these boards.
    Problematic posts on Twitter? Well there's something you don't read about every day.
    Let's not turn this into a storm in a D-cup though.
    She's new here. She's welcome here. She has serious mental problems, and if that impacts on general forum harmony than it will be dealt with as and when it happens.
    No-one gets a free pass to abuse/annoy people, and we're perfectly capable as a community of deciding when and what action is called for should the need arise.

Keep Calm and Carry On

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • ...great name for final instalment of Eddie Murphey, Nick Noltle buddy cop com tho.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • djchump wrote:
    Saying "adkm was just being adkm" is short for "adkm is often a dick, but we already know this and temper our expectations of him and his behaviour with the benefit of familiarity".

What I meant by that was that he was being argumentative. It's not necessarily the same as being a dick.

Andy, I'm not massively sure what these distasteful posts are, as all I'd seen was the Halo, Tech and Welcome threads.
  • I picked the wrong couple of days to ignore this place.
    lots to take in.

Hope those that need support get it.
    Hope that those who recognise they need help find the strength to talk and take those first steps to getting support.

All the best people
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    What rankles me most about this is not Ellie's reaction, though.  She came breenging into the forum with several distasteful posts in a few threads, but it's nothing worse than we've seen before, and where I have challenged her there has been, in all honesty, nothing much to it.  What leaves a nasty taste in my mouth is the way the forum has reacted to it.  I don't know if it's because she's a girl and you're on her like flies on shit, or if it's some misguided notion that encouraging or applauding the behaviour is better than challenging it, but it's been a sight to behold. In the history of these forums, I have never seen anything quite so precious as some of the posts in this thread.  For some, I'm not surprised, but in general it's a bit pathetic.
    Jesus, talk about precious...

Presumably, this "flies on shit" comment also applies to everyone who jumped to your defense?

Not everyone is 'hypnotized by boobs' as you seem to think and the vast majority of people here are perfectly capable of forming their own opinions.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!