Halostock II: Death Cottage. Weekend of February 8th, who's in?
  • Petey knows what's up!
    Feb 8th - Weekend of Halo in the country!

1. Billy
    2. Dante
    3. Petey
    4. Yossa
    5. Hulka + Whisky
    6. Funk
    7. Cosby
    8. Fenton

Yossa I might be driving so old give you a lift.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • I would really like to bring my noob skilled weegie arse to this cos the Halo crew have always been so best. But without a concrete location I can't really plan ahead : (
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message

Yay! Thank you Billy.
  • Reg get in on this man!  A once in a lifetime opportunity to wake up in a gorgeous country estate and gaze into the cold, killer eyes of Petey the Spartan Warrior, or Funk the Fantastic or Yossa the... Hang on I'm having a smoke.
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    Note: my cold, killer eyes can be softened given appropriately bacon-filled breakfasts
    The janitor.
  • Based on Peteys exceptional example of a fight mansion that sleeps 13, we would be looking at £2000 a night.  So that's £153 each for both night.

Does that sound doable? Is that the sort of range people are comfortable with or should we aim a bit lower?  Personally i could go a tiny bit lower, i think the same places would probably get a bit cheaper towards the midlands anyway.  

Also we would probably have to get all the money together first and pay upfront.
  • Probaly not alone in saying I get 7% discount with my job with a popular cottage booking website.
  • Petey knows what's up!
    Feb 8th - Weekend of Halo in the country!

1. Billy
    2. Dante
    3. Petey
    4. Yossa
    5. Hulka + Whisky
    6. Funk
    7. Cosby
    8. Fenton

omg i said tiger dammit
  • Pete, you do have lovely eyes but Billy has such an amazing voice. Decisions desicions... I mean, erm, whisky and Halo!!

You can probs add Lester to this as well buddy.
  • What's that, did anyone hear something?
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    Wasn't he that noob we blacklisted?
    The janitor.
  • I'm not going if lester is
  • Based on Peteys exceptional example of a fight mansion that sleeps 13, we would be looking at £2000 a night.  So that's £153 each for both night. Does that sound doable? Is that the sort of range people are comfortable with or should we aim a bit lower?  Personally i could go a tiny bit lower, i think the same places would probably get a bit cheaper towards the midlands anyway.   Also we would probably have to get all the money together first and pay upfront.

That's quite expensive! That website may be the answer though.
  • So we're looking at Midlands, near a decent pub, needs good internet, weekend of February 8th, up to two nights, under £150 total accommodation, no Lester, possible Scots presence.

Still in.
  • Fentonizer wrote:

Pub, 500 yards

Near Birmingham, 67 quid each based on 13, but sleeps 15. Pool table.

Should you wish to drown anyone, there is a river 20 yards away.

Edit, ah, doesn't appear to have internet though.
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    Based on Peteys exceptional example of a fight mansion that sleeps 13, we would be looking at £2000 a night.  So that's £153 each for both night. Does that sound doable? Is that the sort of range people are comfortable with or should we aim a bit lower?  Personally i could go a tiny bit lower, i think the same places would probably get a bit cheaper towards the midlands anyway.   Also we would probably have to get all the money together first and pay upfront.
    That's quite expensive! That website may be the answer though.

You mean to say that we're not going to go for a 5-star luxury farmhouse cottage in the middle of Oxfordshire?! 

You guys are so inconvenient.
    The janitor.
  • I still think we should do this in my house. It has WiFi, is next to a pub and the all important drowning river. Plus there are 2 Xbox's to start with.

In all seriousness though, looking through these websites I think this is a totally doable thing. My only concern is we'd need to bring probably a couple of TV's, as the one's I've seen so far only seem to have one in a living room. Is anyone willing to provide that?
  • Fentonizer wrote:

Pub, 500 yards

Near Birmingham, 67 quid each based on 13, but sleeps 15. Pool table.

Should you wish to drown anyone, there is a river 20 yards away.

Edit, ah, doesn't appear to have internet though.

Thats not bad mate, plus it has 3 pets in case there's no local takeaways.
  • This has a BBQ.

Plus - and you'll love this - Two TVs with digibox (Teletext)
  • Reg get in on this man!

But I'm Gav?.....

*creys*
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Funkstain wrote:
    So we're looking at Midlands, near a decent pub, needs good internet, weekend of February 8th, up to two nights, under £150 total accommodation, no Lester, possible Scots presence. Still in.

Is Internet really a deal breaker? We'll have mobile phones,

Also, at these prices it may be worth widening our search to smaller places with nearby B&Bs. I may be willing to stump up a bit extra to not have to share a room.
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    1. Billy
    2. Dante
    3. Petey
    4. Yossa
    5. Hulka + Whisky
    6. Funk
    7. Cosby
    8. Fenton
    9. Tiger
    10. Gav (?)
    The janitor.
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Is Internet really a deal breaker? We'll have mobile phones

I think it was more in terms of Xbox Live etc. Which, if we have enough people, isn't really something we need to worry about I guess. 

Only possible thing is that the countryside isn't necessarily conducive to mobile signal.
    The janitor.
  • 1. Billy
    2. Dante
    3. Petey
    4. Yossa
    5. Hulka + Whisky
    6. Funk
    7. Cosby
    8. Fenton
    9. Tiger
    10. Gav (?)
    11. Nexx
  • Yeah I was thinking more in terms of connection to Live, indeed.

For H4 in particular, it would be nice to be able to download your profiles to whoever's Xbox you end up playing with, and I forsaw a few late night / early morning forum vs world sessions.

So yes you shits, internet connectivity is a good thing.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That's true, forgot about the profiles, although those can be done on USB if needs be.
  • Stop making solutions Yoss! I dont have a USB and you and me are sharing, job done!
  • Reg get in on this man!
    But I'm Gav?..... *creys*

And that's what happens when i reply after a bottle of wine at half midnight!  Sorry dude, who the heck is Reg anyway, doesn't he work for some console company?  bet they don't have Halo.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!