Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    It's holding its price well. £14 via Amazon appears to be the best deal. Bit cheaper used.

I should have my pad back the week after next. But it is coming from America, so a number of things might delay it.
  • yeah, 2's mp was sweet. i don't think i tried it in 3, was kinda too sad at the main game.
  • We all had good times on 2. Shame the early days of 3 turned a lot of people off.
    The new maps just weren't quite as good as the old ones, hence they re-released them. Thing is, the changes they made felt like they went too far.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Yeah, the original maps were all fairly solid, with a couple of definite favourites. And then we had Facility, Ruins, Highrise and Museum as DLC. I think that's when their design powers peaked.

The latest pack contains three rubbish maps and one brilliant one in Graveyard. The beauty of the original maps is that they're small enough to keep everyone busy, yet with myriad areas of possible advantage. Ruins is probably my favourite of all.

Of the new ones, I don't mind Syria, but Desert Village and Yemen suffer badly from sticky areas. I haven't actually played on Oasis, but I wandered around and hated it. And Old Quarter's very Thieflike - very pretty - but its generic layout disappoints.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    mp on 3 is free to play.

i dont like it, would rather go back to 2.

theres other better games (for co-op and mp) in the same genre too now.
    co-op of top of my head mass effect 3, defiance.
    mp max payne 3, defiance too possibly.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    would rather go back to 2.

I've felt that way from the outset. I just loved its engine, above all. Aiming's not as smooth in 3, but I still prefer it to any of the alternatives.

I'd have been much happier with a desert-themed update for 2 than a full sequel (as WipEout Fury was to HD).

What's on with yer stick, mate?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    il get it sent over the weekend hopefully, been too frightend to use my local post office as iv had things vanish before.
    so i intend to use a more reliable one.
    also been really skint so not even had the dollar to get it to you.

on the plus side i actually feel like im improving on 2 or 3 fightmen.
    been trying to get a copy of ssf4ae but cant get one anywhere, and dont have the funds to pursue it for time being.
    (not sure if i can just download from psn) 

if either of you's are up for co-op or multiplay on the other games i mentiond id be gratefully apreciative.

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Rock's enjoying his Tag 2 at the minute. I'll have to grab a copy from Amazon now it's £15.
  • £11.50 for a used Uncharted 3 at the moment.
    Seems to be the cheapest price I'll find.....

Correction, £7.00 on ebay. Have bid. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: Nope, didn't win. Someone bid £7.50...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'll have my new pad on Thursday, Vidal.

Couple of tune-up evenings and I should be golden. I'll play some late matches over the weekend.
  • Still need to get myself another copy. Haven't got any money til payday now though.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Davie's on about going into GAME for a gander at some point.

It's holding its price well new. ShopTo and Amazon have it at £15. £7 for a used copy via Play.
  • I'll be going used. Seen them cheaper on eBay.
  • I might be wrong, but I think that if you just want to play UC3 multiplayer you can simply download it from the store for free, you don't need a physical copy of the game.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    I'll be going used. Seen them cheaper on eBay.

Ill lend you mine. Ill post it today if you like.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Skondo wrote:
    I might be wrong, but I think that if you just want to play UC3 multiplayer you can simply download it from the store for free, you don't need a physical copy of the game.

Yeah, it is free, but you have to pay after a certain point with micro transactions. Don't know if it's affected by the downloading of the online pass though.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Skondo wrote:
    I might be wrong, but I think that if you just want to play UC3 multiplayer you can simply download it from the store for free, you don't need a physical copy of the game.

Yeah, it is free, but you have to pay after a certain point with micro transactions. Don't know if it's affected by the downloading of the online pass though.

Okay Sas, didn't realise that.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Davie's on about going into GAME for a gander at some point. It's holding its price well new. ShopTo and Amazon have it at £15. £7 for a used copy via Play.

i had a look today it were on 2 for 20 but with no dlc.
    its the second one i want though as i prefer thats multiplayer.  (which is what i looked at today)

does 3 have co op at all?

• E3 Trailer. ND aiming for 1080@60fps. Uncharted 2 directors (minus Amy Hennig, sadly) back in the saddle! Uncharted 4: A Thief's End...

• Would play the he'll out of another uncharted. Would like there to be a little more challenge in the traversal and a few more puzzles, but other than that - for me - it's the ideal type of game.
  • Uncharted 4 will be the game for which I buy a PS4.
  • Nice graphics. Less shooting, more platforming and exploration, and make characters less annoying and I'm in. 

I was hoping they'd release it and be done with it so that they can concentrate on another Last of Us game or similar.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Chief wrote:
    Uncharted 4 will be the game for which I buy a PS4.

Ditto, I imagine.

I hope - and it's been a long time, so the signs are good - we can get regular forum games going again. Uncharted 2's probably my favourite MP game. I can't think of another versus-human game that I've found as consistently exciting.

Uncharted 3's boosters largely robbed us of the ability to read the flow of matches. The old-school simplicity of 2 is what made it.
  • Uncharted 2 is, for my money at least, the best online game there is. I only ever played the beta of 3's multiplayer, never made me consider going online with the full game though. It had some good ideas (the multi-levelled design holds a lot of potential) but it just seemed to be missing something.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Being able to predict your opponents' paths and intercept them, or team-funnel them unseen; being confident in your attempts to lure opponents, because you knew roughly what they were bringing; being able to sense the danger of the RPG and Hammer when a few minutes had passed without word...

3's still a very good game, but its CoDisms are as welcome as a man running around in circles shouting 'Drake!'.
  • Chief wrote:
    Uncharted 2 is, for my money, the best online game there is. I only ever played the beta of 3's multiplayer, never made me consider going online with the full game though. It had some good ideas (the multi-levelled design holds a lot of potential) but it just seemed to be missing something.

Come on. Really? How many online games have you played?
  • Chief wrote:
    Uncharted 2 is, for my money, the best online game there is. I only ever played the beta of 3's multiplayer, never made me consider going online with the full game though. It had some good ideas (the multi-levelled design holds a lot of potential) but it just seemed to be missing something.

Come on. Really? How many online games have you played?

Last gen, I'd say that Battlefield: Bad Company and Uncharted 2 were probably the games I played the most competitive multiplayer on. Both, for me, nailed the playing online against others in a team.
  • Shush Challice. Uncharted 2's MP is godly. Easily the most fun I had last gen.

As for number 4 I very much doubt it'll look that good when it's released. I know ND are good, and that Corinne Yu is supposedly awesome, but I can't see them squeezing that out of a finished product.
  • Better than Street Fighter, better than Mario Kart, better than Dark Souls, better than Gears, better than Halo... ? Uncharted beats EVERYTHING?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!