Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    People, is there a way to check if your 360 friends are online via a browser? I used to visit PlayStation.com when I was away from home to see if there was any action to get back for.
  • Yes, you can login at Xbox.com and see friends lists, send messages, all that jazz.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I may well be on at some point tonight, Duk is cool, really loved what little time I spent using Zafina though. She's crazy and awesome.

Joe is average tier, however his keep away, zoning game is pretty damn awesome, so when he's teamed up with the likes of Morrigan and Dr. Strange he can be pretty awesome. If you're Dieminion. Otherwise he's pretty difficult to use massively effectively. 

Persona 4 Arena now has a uber trollsome release date of September 14th. So it'll be double fightmans all weekend here. 

Always up for some Third Strike as well, if I'm still on friend lists and about sling me an invite.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Arcsys must be on some heavy crack with that launch date.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Arcsys have nowt to do with it chum. Neither do Atlus, it was out eeeevvveeerryywhere else last month. And also it's the first PS3 game to be region locked so no go imports either. This is some butt EU publishing fuck up, it has it's fanbase desperate to play it who'll be glad it's only half a month late. Everyone else will be too busy Iron Fisting or will take one look at all the ANIMEEEEEE all over it and give it a pass.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Guys, how about 10?
  • Yes. 10. I will bring silent Russians and formerly Russian robots.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Arcsys must be on some heavy crack with that launch date.

Why?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • TTT2 is out the same day.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    New mic's ordered. I thought you were talking about Pez with Marduk and Lili/Jaycee/Woman in Tag, until I heard the bit about her weird crouch and realised it was Zafina. She is awkward, yes!

I've worked out Lee's reset problem now - it's online delay. It's pretty much muscle memory up until the relaunch, but the catch after is purely visual, and I'm just that bit late with my current offline timing.

I thought you might beat Baek at his own mash for a minute there with How-wrong.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Nick wrote:
    They are granite hard, don't sweat it.

Phew. I'll probably soldier on for a bit, there's an achievement attached to doing the trials and I'm determined to get it. Probably doesn't help I'm using a standard pad. I have a fight pad somewhere, but I've no idea where I put it.

Talking of achievements, there's one in SF3 for watching a replay online with someone. Anyone up for helping me out with that?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    If you see me about, yeah.

When you're parrying Supers in trials, you have to tap the first forward before the activation flash. I think Dudley's the first one up. The game doesn't tell you that.
  • Escape wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    SF2 basics carry strongly into SF3 and SF4. If you understand what you are doing in SF2 then you will be able to understand the mechanics of 3 and 4 much easier.

True as that is, the basics are perfectly easy to pick up in the later games, and there's no overlap in approach that way.

yup df df p is a good habit to pick up
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    If he ends up in IV, it is.

Jump straight in and there's nothing to unlearn.
  • In terms of Bollockoff being new to fighters there's no point getting him to play HDR or 3rd Strike for several good reasons.

1. The community is smaller and less active than SF4, and the community that is there is now largely comprised of seasoned veterans who will wipe the floor with him all day, it will be a very steep learning curve to overcome. 

2. Most of us here on B&B play/played SF4, so will be able to offer Bollockoff useful advice on tap, as opposed to having to keep referring him back to the relevent board on SRK or wherever.

Escape GGs for last night man! I feel like I totally redeemed myself after Sunday's terribad performance. Many a poke was landed, fewer raw df2 launchers were missed and more consistant oki reads did verily occur with Mr. Silent But Deadly. That said you were definitely ending the session on a high as that hat trick of Lee wins at the end were decisive. Also Baek had a night off pretty much so I didn't have to worry about loding 50% health for sticking a limb out at the wrong second!

The Hwo match was lolsome. I was just flapping about trying to recall stuff from years ago! Hopeless and hilarious in equal measure, especially my epic fail backturn because I forgot I was in his right foot stance not the deafult left foot stance. Pezzzzzzzzz gutted you were busy watching vids bro, we need to get a three way Tekken lobby soon.
  • Yeah sorries, passed out on sofa at about 10:30. Hopefully manage a proper lobby without flakey netcode bail outs at some point this weekend.

Agreed, although I am very much done with SF4 for now, if I was to try and introduce anyone into beat em ups today it'd be the default title to get them to try. Much less to pick up from the off and with a strong online scene not just full of seasoned 10 year vets.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    If you see me about, yeah. When you're parrying Supers in trials, you have to tap the first forward before the activation flash. I think Dudley's the first one up. The game doesn't tell you that.

Gotcha, cheers.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • mk64 wrote:
    yup df df p is a good habit to pick up

Shortcuts are a travesty.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • As a Hakan player I approve of that message.
  • As a Hakan player you approve of a massage too. Oily one.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I noticed that the SF3 replay theatre has the option to upload videos to YouTube. Seeing as it didn't ask me for my user name or anything, I assume that it's been uploaded to a channel ran by Capcom or something; anyone know where I might find the video?
  • "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Sweet, cheers. I'm guessing it takes a while for things to show up, my video isn't in the list yet.
  • Yeah I bet it takes a while to upload. I think escape or someone uploaded a video or two of me and him scrapping through the upload channel, he could tell you what the wait time was like.
  • Who you liking, Blue?

Would happily play you with my rubbish Sean. Are we internet xbox friends?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I think you're on my friend list. If not, my tag is, as ever, in my sig.

At the moment I'm sucking least with Q, but I've also been trying out Ryu, Ken, Akuma, and did OK with Remy after picking him by accident.
  • Cherry_Pez wrote:
    will take one look at all the ANIMEEEEEE all over it and give it a pass.

that's pretty much it for me.
  • Crispy lies. He's not gettng P4A cos he told me in secret he pre-ordered two copies of TTT2 cos he thought needed a copy for each character in tag mode. Now he has no money left. 

Ahahahahaha what a chump.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I think escape or someone uploaded a video or two of me and him scrapping through the upload channel, he could tell you what the wait time was like.

I think it took a couple of hours, but there would've been more traffic then.

The frame-rate was awful, so I capped it again myself. Theirs and mine.
  • just wanted to continue my thoughts on why SFIV isn't the better option of the two;

1) Much larger move set to learn and master
    2) Much bigger roster of players
    3) Cheap inputs

all of these things make the game more interesting to a vet but as a newcomer i wouldn't say its inviting afterall you'd be beaten by sf2 basics anyway. Learning to play without the use of a meter bar is better imo too.

Anyway, horses for courses
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!