Selling / Items wanted - The punting stuff and creating joy thread
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Well with the 12months that isn't so bad? £40 a month...enough to be annoying for most and the shine will be long off it by the end of that. Don't know your finances so can't judge.

Apple really annoy me. They charge a premium for something that has no lasting value. The Apple watches really annoy me for that reason.#

You could get a nice watch for £500 and it would last a very long time.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The most likely scenario is I'll return it for a refund.  Second case, someone will buy it from and I'll make a small loss.

The worst case scenario is that I keep it in a drawer and switch to it when, as promised, I give my current phone to my Son for his 14th Birthday (16 months away).

So it could be worse, but I'm still not friends with my midnight brain.

x
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Heh. Dark and quiet. Alone. Fuck it. Click.

:)
  • davyK wrote:
    Heh. Dark and quiet. Alone. Fuck it. Click.

:)

A fellow traveller on the cambabe express. rip your children's inheritance
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • iPhone 13 Mini arrives tomorrow, despite my best efforts to cancel it.  I'm assuming no interest from anyone, but thought I'd give it one last heads-up before I issue the return process for a refund.

Ta

x
  • Hey Kris, missus does want an iPhone. But I didn't want to reply, because you seemed to be selling it at a loss. We'll find one I'm sure. Also I think she wants a small one.

Just to say, you have a right to cancel, you should absolutely exercise it mate. It's a faff but once you do it, you'll feel loads better!
  • Hello mate.

It is the smallest version.  I got it for £566 (£629 from Very, with 10% cashback), so would be a small loss, but with perhaps a short-term benefit of having that money in the bank now, with 12 months 0% to pay back the credit.  Almost like a low interest, 12-month loan :)

x
  • Ok pm me the phone deets and I'll ask the missus. since the birth she had trouble with fingers and hands so she wants a small one - but I can't really let you take a big loss like that, so we'll split it down the middle. There postage costs as well, right? Call it 550?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There's a Gent for you.
  • Absolute Gent. Respect!

Without needing a pm, I'll simply tell you it's the iPhone 13 mini, 128GB model, in red. What you offered is very kind and appreciated, so let's meet halfway again and say £535 Inc. P&P.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-iPhone-13-mini-128GB/dp/B09G9CF4V7

Finally and very importantly - speak to your missus and know that IT'S ABSOLUTELY FINE TO SAY NO. You're a star either way.

x

• Sorry Kris, she passed. In the end, it's the red! I should have realised red would be a no go!

Hope you can manage to get the refund mate.
  • Hahaha. No problem my friend.

x
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Cross-posted from the 'Free to a good home' thread.
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I have a Surface Go type cover* and a Canon Ixus 145**, free to a good home. I live in Taiwan, so contributions to postage welcome, but not required if finances are tight.

*Fully working, afaik. I think the reason my Surface Go 2 doesn't work with it is because the connecter on the computer itself is broken. (One of the pins has snapped off.) It should work with the Surface Go, Go 2, and Go 3. 

**Again, fully working. Just no need for it any more. It has a third party charger, as I lost the original, and some spare batteries. (Because the seller of the charger gave me some batteries, unbidden.)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Anyone interested in a Gaming laptop? I've decided to sell my MSI GS 75 Stealth.

Here's the Spec: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GS75-Stealth-8SX/Specification - 8SF

It's got:

17.3" 144hz screen
    i7 
    32GB RAM
    512GB Samsung SSD
    Nvidia RTX2070 Max-Q

I've added a Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2

So total of 1.5tb storage.

I've also got a very nice padded laptop bag to protect it. It's got all it's original packaging. 

Only issue is the U key as an issue with it's RGB, it's colour is a bit off unless you choose blue. EDIT - just tested the keyboard it's ok with purples, pinks and reds too :-)

Looking for £1,000 plus postage. Can do a monthly thing if badgers don't have the cash up front.
  • That is a bargain indeed
  • What's the battery life like on it?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    They aren't great tbh. I always have it plugged in as soon as you start gaming it would last about an hour as the kit is so powerful. According to reviews it's about 2 and half hours for web surfing. I've kept the battery in balanced mode for most of the time I've had it, never fully charging it, so health should be ok.
  • Looks like it's not too hard to replace the battery in that one.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I don’t mean degradation. The batteries from new last about 2 and a half hours.
  • With that kind of pretty powerful hardware it's not surprising honestly. Gaming laptops in general are more about using nearby wall power if you want to play for any length of time.
  • Thanks for your honesty.  Its a hell of a rig but not for me.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not a problem Pseudo, no point me selling it to you for you not to be happy.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Anyone interested in a Gaming laptop? I've decided to sell my MSI GS 75 Stealth.

Here's the Spec: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GS75-Stealth-8SX/Specification - 8SF

It's got:

17.3" 144hz screen
    i7 
    32GB RAM
    512GB Samsung SSD
    Nvidia RTX2070 Max-Q

I've added a Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2

So total of 1.5tb storage.

I've also got a very nice padded laptop bag to protect it. It's got all it's original packaging. 

Only issue is the U key as an issue with it's RGB, it's colour is a bit off unless you choose blue. EDIT - just tested the keyboard it's ok with purples, pinks and reds too :-)

Looking for £1,000 plus postage. Can do a monthly thing if badgers don't have the cash up front.

As much as I'd like to take this off your hands I'm funking useless with pc's and laptops.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    No worries Davie
  • Anyone got a 3DS or 2ds they’re looking to get shut of? Nephew managed to smash his so looking for a replacement for his birthday. Thought fb marketplace might have some but no joy.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    BenQ W1210ST 1080p DLP projector, £300

Launched in the £900s in 2017 and cost about 800 in 2018. The lamp's rated to last 5000 hours on eco and has 214 on it, always in eco. 100" screen at 1.5m, with enough brightness for 70-90" in daylight against a white wall or screen (so long as there's not a window next to it). 16ms lag with fast mode enabled at 60Hz.

1280x800 at 120Hz is supported on PC (also 720/120), and if you enable frame-sequential 3D (only works at 120Hz), that's really a form of black-frame insertion that gives amazing motion. There is a latency cost, jumping to the high 20s according to my testing. This happens on TVs, too, with the LG CX rising from 14 to about 27ms with Motion Pro on high at 60Hz.

The other 120Hz downside is double images that look worse than blur if you feed it 60fps content. I'm mentioning it because I'm a big fan of it for anything my weak PC can run at 120fps, where fast motion's clearer at 720/120 3D than regular 4K/60 (and unlike 60Hz BFI, there's no flicker). Very much the opposite for static and slow-moving games, of course, where 4K pulls way ahead.

Its speakers are surprisingly okay, and I never felt the need to use externals. Besides being a PJ with obvious positional probs, the negatives for me are that it's quite loud (like a last-gen console for ballpark) and doesn't support 1080/120 for consoles. So I've bought a newer one that does, at the same time as being quieter and a bit smaller (which really does have a crappy speaker!).

There's a nice carry bag with it. HDMI 1.4b, so no HDR. A family badger might fancy it for local multiplayer.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Anyone got a 3DS or 2ds they’re looking to get shut of? Nephew managed to smash his so looking for a replacement for his birthday. Thought fb marketplace might have some but no joy.

Had a word with my kids and they are both willing to sell, but no idea what they are worth...

2DS and a 2DS XL. Let me know.

x

• Nice one. I’ve no idea what they go for… how much do they/you want?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • My Son says £65 for the 2DS XL?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!