• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Went back to Mushi......again!

Got to the level 4 boss of Arrange mode. I'm going to have to focus on one mode and do some level based practice. Tried level 5 in practice mode and it's comically hard. :)

Won't go near Normal-Maniac until I've cleared Arrange.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I'm not feeling DDP BD/Reincarnation.  Seems a lot harder than DFK and I prefer the scoring on the latter.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It is harder.  Black Label is the recommended way to go with that game. It's far more approachable.

DOJ introduced the idea of hypers which was further developed in DFK - to the point where it's central to the game.

One of DFK's arrange modes is a hybrid DOJ game - forget which one.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Y'all might like Minishoot' Adventures...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nice. Have that for 360 but if the Switch port is good enough I'd double dip.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Tried Futari out on MAME. Seems to play pretty well as far as I could see (which was up to the level 3 boss).  There's a warning about the game's timing being incorrect. Might be to do with slowdown etc.   I only tried Original mode and it's been a while since I played it. I didn't let any bullet clouds build up (e.g. at the level 2 icicles) so didn't really try that out properly.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Dear oh dear. Raiden III Mikado Maniax on Steam is a stuttering mess right from the off. The steam forums abound with complaints with nothing from the devs for months.

I got a refund.

The original PC port (now unavailable on Steam) works just fine.
  • I'm tempted to get one of the Toaplan ports on Steam. Apparently they're pretty well done and have some useful extra features. There are like 10 in all, so which one would you recommend?
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Not really a Toaplan fan. Their games are well made but very basic - very old school and can be nice to play when you fancy something not too manic but still tough (and they are very tough). I've played a few of them though - will have a look.

Their games are good but I'd be looking to have a couple of them instead of just a single game release. So when I say I'm not a fan - I mean I'm not enough of one to pay for a single game at pretty close to full price.
  • Hm. It's true that it makes more sense to buy more than just one. I'm going to take a look at the bundles during the sales. Thank you!
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • Outzone is fantastic. It's a vertical push scroller - if that's the correct term.
    Batsugun is worth a try.
    Twin Cobra is always a favourite of mine - plus Flying and Fire shark (similar games).
  • Outzone is fantastic. It's a vertical push scroller - if that's the correct term.
    Batsugun is worth a try.
    Twin Cobra is always a favourite of mine - plus Flying and Fire shark (similar games).
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Similar games, similar posts.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The Flying/Fire shark one is a nice game.  I hadn't realised M2 had included the console ports too. Tempted now to be honest.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!