Resident Evil
  • Everyone is always after the long ones.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Tetris?

The way they slide in so gently oh my god

Sploosh
  • Weebs can wank to anything. There's probably a hentai video of 2005 Ashley being sick in a fireplace.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I was red raw after completing Ratchet and Clank
    Rhyming slang?
  • Got to keep it up to date. Thomas the Tank is slipping.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Got to keep it up to date. Thomas the Tank is slipping.

Thomas uses lube.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I was red raw after completing Ratchet and Clank

Was your rift apart?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    They've added mercenaries mode today
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Thank you for reminding me! I adore Mercs. On it now…

We can post some High Scores next week. Anyone with Aim Assist enabled is immediately disqualified.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm right at the end of this now. Should finish it tonight.

The original, as we all know, was a masterpiece. It introduced a lot of the staple mechanics of third person action games, flowed well.

This improves in some areas. The island in particular which was a bit shit in the original on reflection. But it is lacking in some areas. Its kept some of the one liners but its gone for a weirdly realistic vibe a lot of the time, which feels like a weird juxtaposition to some of the insanity in the plot.

Gunplay is wonderful, visceral blowing bits off enemies, headsets are glorious. Ashley actually isn't a ballache to have around and her section is vastly improved.

Regenerators are fucking terrifying.

But...after all is said and done I'm ready for it to be over now. There's been some absolute 10/10 bits, some 7/10 bits. Some of the boss fights are weaker in comparison, some of the character and well, fun of the original is gone.

Unless it absolutely shites the bed at the end I'm comfortable giving it an 8.5. I've loved my time with it and will probably run through NG+ at some point down the line as some all powerful Leon, but as is the case with recent Resi games it feels like a one and done for me.

Surprised more aren't playing it and posting tbf. It is genuinely worth the time.
  • I've been away from my Xbox for the last couple of weeks but was on it until then. Coming to the end of the castle and looking forward to getting back on it when me and sx-y are back together.
  • time.

There's your answer right there. Nice mini-review. Look forward to playing at some stage.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Its kept some of the one liners but its gone for a weirdly realistic vibe a lot of the time, which feels like a weird juxtaposition to some of the insanity in the plot.
    They've done this with the other remakes as well, including axing some of the sillier monsters, like giant spiders and moths. And the script for the original RE4 has some really cringey shite in it, so I think the changes on that are for the best.

I had to stop playing it for something else recently, but I intend to finish it off. Coming towards the end of the castle, I think.
  • It's a nice remake but I dunno about all those 10's flying about. It's still an old game with some shiny. I thought it was just fine. A little dull in places to be honest. Gets a bit stale in the castle. I'd like to see all the upgrades for the guns but I'm not playing through it again thanks. Fucking Ashley panting in your ear all the time.
  • It’s dragging for me too. It’s still a great game but I don’t feel like I’m having actual fun when I’m playing. I find it incredibly stressful and can’t quite shift that. It’s great they’ve nailed that atmosphere so well but it doesn’t half mean I have to build up to wanting to play it.
  • I have been one of the not a fan of RE4 crew since Day One, along with my man g, so i'm not sure why I bought this, but I did. I felt it was way too long before, it's still too long. Village section still great, rest of the game still mostly redundant. 

That said, there's been some good changes changes - the blind wolverine gimp bit and Ashley in the Dark felt different (though I could be wrong) and I think it worked. That said, overall it plays it far too straight for something fundamentally goofy. 

I'd probably love this if they slapped the original tone over the way this one plays and tweaks certain fights, and then end the game with Napoleon Parasite.
  • Gotta say I do love this game and have played it through a couple times (which is rare for me) but when I found out there was a military island and at least two more bosses I wasn’t best pleased
  • Playing through re3 remake on steam deck and throughly enjoying it (as I did RE2 remake).
    Have 4 remake up next, is 5 good?  Read differing reviews
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Only played the demo but I've read some big love for that one in co-op. It does seem to be the mainline entry that gets mentioned the least.
  • RE5 is the gameplay of RE4 expanded to include coop and cover shooter mechanics like seen in gears of war. The reception was interesting; it sold well but people complained it wasn't survival horror anymore? Oh, and racism as somehow black hordes with pitchforks hit too close to home; colonial ingrained fears of a revolting black population. Somehow the japanese hit a raw nerve as they didn't realise the difference between spanish hordes with pitchforks and african blacks with pitchforks, lol.

RE5 was seen as the beginning of the end because while it plays well it also became a sort of Gears action clone? If capcom attempts a remake they will have to adress and correct all of the above. Not sure how but it's a challenge, that's for certain. If they're smart they should follow the timeline and attempt a code veronica remake first.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • sounds worth a fiver.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • As a curio it definitely is.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Hunk's description is spot on. RE5 is a worse version of 4 with some bonus Gears gameplay and cultural insensitivity* thrown in. It's still fun to play, however, while RE6 verges on Atari ET/Superman 64 bad. (IMHO, YMMV.)

*The Zero Punctuation review was correct - Capcom aren't racist idiots like the internet made them out to be at the time of release. They're just idiots who were accidentally racist.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Forgot about the RE5 racism furore.
    I remember there being drama about bloom.

I don't think they'll remake it. Doesn't really warrant it.

Do Dino Crisis you bastards!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I don't think they'll remake it. Doesn't really warrant it.

Do Dino Crisis you bastards!

• Dino's are long overdue.
  • I'm about to start 8 on Steam Deck.
  • Scout wrote:
    I'm about to start 8 on Steam Deck.

They made 8 Dino Crisis??
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yes, but they're exclusive to Steam Deck.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!