Game of Thrones TV show with massive spoilers everywhere.
  • The TV show doesnt exist in a bubble, its perfectly acceptable to discuss/say 'hey this was different in the book", ESPECIALLY behind a spoiler tag.
    Stop being so precious...
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • The thread is Game of Thrones TV show, people are happy to discuss the latest episode but probably don't want somone telling them what happens in the books, seems reasonable enough.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    The TV show doesnt exist in a bubble, its perfectly acceptable to discuss/say 'hey this was different in the book", ESPECIALLY behind a spoiler tag. Stop being so precious...
    Fine, spoiler it, but there's a bit on the previous page that should have been spoilered.  Don't just spoiler the detail, spoil the lot, please.  That's a reasonable request.  That, or start a GoT book thread - I'm sure the mods will allow it.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    The TV show doesnt exist in a bubble, its perfectly acceptable to discuss/say 'hey this was different in the book", ESPECIALLY behind a spoiler tag. Stop being so precious...
    Fine, spoiler it, but there's a bit on the previous page that should have been spoilered.  Don't just spoiler the detail, spoil the lot, please.  That's a reasonable request.  That, or start a GoT book thread - I'm sure the mods will allow it.

I still dont understand why you have asked me to spoiler something I have already spoilered on the previous page - Brooks was speculating, it's not as if I said 'No, it was...' and thereby ruled out his guesses. Behind that spoiler could be a confirmation or denial of his speculation, it's open ended, if you dont want to know, I haven't ruined it.
    EVERYTHING I have talked about that could be cried spoiler has been spoilered. 

@adored
    Correct, which is why I have spoilered anything I thought would cause a barny.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I am SPECIFICALLY not protesting about what's behind a spoiler tag as it was obvious I wouldn't want to click it so I didn't, like. That said, I'll pick up on spoiler tags:

Even if something, like many things on the forum as a whole, is behind a spoiler there's still convo that happens outside of a spoiler which leaks the original spoiler or more spoilers- they leak because a few comments between two people or many, even if said comments are a deliberately vague in isolation, they aren't when in a thread- which can happen in a flash and is often involuntary, because elementary! Yes even if you're not reading the whole sentence, paragraph, post, quotes...you get the picture; literally.

On the broader issue of discussing or comparing the books with the show, the problem arises when a convo starts and so there may be a leak, much like spoiler convo leaks. Which make more leaks and generally undermine the story of the show which is only a similar story to the book, which I still don't want to know about.

tl;dr*: It's not precious when almost every book and film comparisons that have gone on since the dawn of humanity, and well the dawn of books and the dawn of film too, are always so pretentious...

*I'm trying to be funny and kick-about here, and hopefully not thought to be ruffling anyone or anything so forgive me if I seem callous to anyone wanting to do that whole book/film dissection thing but it's the show thread, not the book thread- I thought that was obvious. Also I'm sorry I suggested anyone was "belm" for doing that book/film thing. I still think such is usually pretentious though. I had to delete one too many "fuckings" from this text and so I also admit I could probably do with a BJ.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Spoiler:
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It is less obvious that I don't want to click that tho.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    I still dont understand why you have asked me to spoiler something I have already spoilered on the previous page - Brooks was speculating, it's not as if I said 'No, it was...' and thereby ruled out his guesses. Behind that spoiler could be a confirmation or denial of his speculation, it's open ended, if you dont want to know, I haven't ruined it. EVERYTHING I have talked about that could be cried spoiler has been spoilered.  @adored Correct, which is why I have spoilered anything I thought would cause a barny.
    I took your "It was." to mean it was Cersei as Brooks speculated.  That's how I read it and my suggestion was based on that.  If it was intended as "It was... X" then, well, write betterer.

Point being, if it's the former, I don't want to know at all.  If it's the latter, employ a full-time forum proofreader.  I hear Tempy is free these days and would be glad of the work.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Lookie, if it's something long past that the book differs on, so be it.  If it's still in progress, abstain.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Also xx.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Are you offering me a blowjob? xx
  • Beano doesn't get offered a blow job in the book.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    SPOLIER THAT BLOWJOB
  • Skerret wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    I still dont understand why you have asked me to spoiler something I have already spoilered on the previous page - Brooks was speculating, it's not as if I said 'No, it was...' and thereby ruled out his guesses. Behind that spoiler could be a confirmation or denial of his speculation, it's open ended, if you dont want to know, I haven't ruined it. EVERYTHING I have talked about that could be cried spoiler has been spoilered.  @adored Correct, which is why I have spoilered anything I thought would cause a barny.
    I took your "It was." to mean it was Cersei as Brooks speculated.  That's how I read it and my suggestion was based on that.  If it was intended as "It was... X" then, well, write betterer. Point being, if it's the former, I don't want to know at all.  If it's the latter, employ a full-time forum proofreader.  I hear Tempy is free these days and would be glad of the work.

Ah OK, I get you now.
    He also mentions Chuck Dance.
    Which is why I wrote it the way I did, by not specifically saying 'Yes, it was...' or 'No, it was...'.

Not sure if the 'xx's forgive the proofreader dig but, hey.
  • Skerret wrote:
    SPOLIER THAT BLOWJOB
    Well it's spoilt now ffs
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    @pantyfire Gotcha.  Well the proofreader gag was in genteel jest, you rite plenty gud panty.
  • This argument reminds me of Book 5 when Cersei fucks Charles Dance on the back of a dragon that Bran is controlling with his mind during an attack on Casterly Rock.
  • The books get wank anyway.
  • Well that's season 5 ruined.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    Well that's season 5 ruined.
    its in season 6 in the TV show.
  • Hodor.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hodor.
  • Great episode. 

So many great characters. 

Great.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Episode 2?
  • It's too many good characters. Would it really have hurt it to roll some factions together? Two hours in and we've seen five minutes a piece of Stannis Beratheon, Deanerys Targerian, Prince Persia (the persian prince), Roose Bolton, Bran Stark, and Ygritte.

I've only heard Hodor say Hodor once FFS.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hodor.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Episode 2?
    Yes.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hodor.
  • Some choice Dance verbiage this ep. Not a lot else, but eh.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!