Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line
  • I've done FFI, VI and VII so far and two Dark Notes.  This is good.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've played this for 20 hours and still have some tracks to unlock and haven't gone crazy in the Chaos Shrine (I've only unlocked about three extra characters or something). For a rhythm game it really is meaty. Well worth the £21.85 Shopto are asking for it (and you could get nine pieces of DLC before breaking the £30 total spending barrier).
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Went into the shop, are there really only 12 tracks? Tempted to get Archylte Steppe.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Japan has over 50 DLC tracks now. They're releasing them in weekly batches of four over here.
  • It didn't arrive in time for my holiday : (

On the up side MK7 is fantastic.
  • What's the deal with the list of card names.  Only played for a couple of hours.  Quite marvellous.  I bought the FFXI DLC, natch.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    What's the deal with the list of card names.

You put them in using the password button in the card album. Adds cards. When you get a card multiple times it levels up, so even if you already have a card entering the passwords will help you level them up to Holofoil and Platinum cards - they'll save a bit of grinding if you're going for the perfect set.
  • Nice touch.  Thanks ERE.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Just got a Dark Note with such a great name - 'Space's Undoing'. THIS DARK NOTE WILL BE THE UNDOING OF THE WHOLE OF SPACE!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Completed 'Space's Undoing', unlocked 'A Magic Flute's Contract'.
  • Started last night, A-ranked the first Dark Note.

This is charming, and I get on well with the controls.
  • Anyone gotten any high level dark notes with spinning swipes yet? Because, bwah!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yeah, I've had those.
  • It's a lovely game, isn't it?

There's only one problem with it, and it's common with all games: not enough time in the day.
  • Another problem for me is that I'm not that great at it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This week - 
    [font=Proxima, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Tower of the Magi (FF02 - FMS), [/font]
    [font=Proxima, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]The Darkness of Eternity (FF09 - BMS), [/font]
    [font=Proxima, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Desperate Fight (FF12 - BMS) [/font]
    [font=Proxima, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Battle 1 (FF05 - BMS).[/font]
  • The Dark Note / Ultimate tracks on this are a lot of fun. A-graded a couple of them yesterday, but it goes up to SSS rank (S is the highest with any equipment or itmes allocated).

Only two hours in, but this is great.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    They've cut the Versus XIII DLC track that was due this week.
  • Is there a way of sampling the music track before downloading? I don't know all the names to all the tracks of all the FF games.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    There's samples on the official website, or you could just check 'em out on YouTube.
  • Just going to say that I've been hammering this over the past few days.  It's dead good.  The Chaos Shrine is madness.  IV does indeed pip VI.  Or does it?  Argh.
  • Yes, came to say the same thing, playing any chance I get. This game is excellent. Why are there no leaderboards though?
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Ah, need to get back to this, been addicted to MK7 time trial recently. I'm getting 3DS XL tomorrow hopefully. Not that it matters much for this, but should make MK7 less painful as it seems to fig my hands better.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    XL shoulder buttons with MK7 are a revelation.
  • Completed expert mode on Challenge and Series songs now.   The unlockable songs are a good challenge and finally unlocked my first additional character.  It's a great game to relax to when you can belt the tracks out.  Chaos Shrine and Ultimate Mode ahoy!
  • Got my first A on an ultimate track today (the mellow pop house vibes of 'The Sunleth Waterscape'). It's odd that there is no real difficulty listing on the songs, but BMS seem to get most of the toughest songs.

I've gone through a few dark notes in the chaos shrine and played a couple tracks that are not on the main list but beating them didn't unlock them for playing elsewhere and if I want to try it again I have to do the whole dark note. It was 'Jenova' to be specific, do you have to get a high score to unlock it? I got a C and that was a nightmare.

This is the first time I've actually been pleased with my 3DS in a long while.
  • Not sure, Rick.  I've unlocked 4 tracks in the "Encore" section of Challenge mode after completing Series and Challenge on basic and expert.  I've also unlocked about 15 Dark Notes.

Great 3DS title, agreed.
  • Ok, I read up on it. It's down to rhythmia. I'll put the songs and when you unlock them in spoilers.
    Spoiler:
  • rickjoyce wrote:
    Ok, I read up on it. It's down to rhythmia. I'll put the songs and when you unlock them in spoilers.
    Spoiler:

Bollocks that is a lot of Rhythmia. Need to keep playing it then I guess. Why do some say (chaos) next to them?

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Square Enix keep updating the official website with CollectaCard codes. There's also some on Facebook, although I've posted all those in the thread.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!