Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    snap-logo.png

Embark on a photographic Pokémon adventure!

Become a Pokémon photographer in New Pokémon Snap on Nintendo Switch!

Inspired by the classic Nintendo 64 game, embark on a safari through the scorching deserts and dense jungles of the Lental region, taking photos of wild Pokémon thriving in nature.

capture_slider_03.jpg

Capture Pokémon in a snap

Picture this – over 200 wild Pokémon roaming freely in their natural habitat!

Capture a majestic Wailord breaching the clear tropical waters, or photograph a mischievous Aipom swinging from branch to branch. Have your camera at the ready for great snap opportunities before the Pokémon are gone in a flash.

capture_illu_top.png

Travel everywhere with your trusty NEO-ONE. No need to steer – the pod will move on its own, allowing you to focus on getting the perfect shot! Traverse lush ecosystems in the midday sun or during starry nights to observe unique Pokémon behaviours and witness something out of the ordinary.

capture_neo_one.png

Shine a light on the Illumina phenomenon

The Pokémon and plants of the Lental region have some unique properties. In fact, some of them possess a fantastical glow. Help Professor Mirror uncover the truth behind the Illumina phenomenon by exploring the islands of the archipelago and documenting the mysterious luminosity!

illumina_crystalbloom.png

Build your Photodex

Capture picture-perfect moments and build your Photodex! Use the scanner to explore the environment and find Pokémon hidden from sight, toss a tasty fluffruit treat to a Pokémon for that perfect photo-op, or – when the opportunity presents itself – throw an Illumina orb for dazzling encounters!

Professor Mirror will evaluate your photos giving them a star rating based on criteria such as the Pokémon’s pose, proximity to the camera, the appearance of other Pokémon in the frame, and more.

build_illu.png

Share your Pokémon photos with the world!

Snazz up your photos directly from the Photodex by applying filters, adding stamps, additional effects, and frames for some extra flair!

Got an amazing snap of Alolan Raichu surfing on the beach that you have to show off? Once your photo is ready, visit Professor Mirror’s lab to share it online and wow the New Pokémon Snap community.

share_photo2b.jpg

Explore Lental!

Go on an online journey to the Lental region via this special minisite! You can earn My Nintendo points by visiting each stop on the tour.

https://explorelental.nintendo.com/

Win goodies!

Share your Pokémon collections on Twitter or Instagram using #MyPokemonCollection between 28th April 2021 and 2nd May 2021, for the chance to win some New Pokémon Snap goodies!

For more details, check out: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2021/April/Share-your-Pokemon-collections-on-Twitter-or-Instagram-using-MyPokemonCollection-between-28th-April-2021-and-2nd-May-2021-for-the-chance-to-win-some-New-Pokemon-Snap-goodies--1963509.html

Print your photos!

The original Pokémon Snap allowed you to print your photographs at special booths. Now you can print your photos at home via a collaboration between Nintendo and Fujifilm's instax instant film brand. The instax mini Link SE will allow you to upload your screenshots to a special app that you can use to print on the photo printer, which has an exclusive red and blue Pokémon/Switch Joy-Con themed colourway for this special edition. It will retail for £109.99. You can find out more on the printer's official website.

minilink-se-motion-control.png

There's also a special edition bundle that will come with a Pikachu case:

fujifilm-launches-a-nintendo-themed-instax-mini-link-printer_ajhp.1920.jpg

This is going to be a little bit more awkward to find in the UK. It is launching in June and you will have to buy it direct from the Fujifilm House of Photography app (Apple App Store, Google Play Store). It looks like it will be £10-£20 more expensive than the printer on its own.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I was about to preorder for my daughter and had it in my Amazon basket.  Next day, message said preorder version with stickers no longer available!

Amazon and Game want £50.  Might look at others like ShopTo.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I was about to preorder for my daughter and had it in my Amazon basket.  Next day, message said preorder version with stickers no longer available!

Amazon and Game want £50.  Might look at others like ShopTo.

Maybe try this deal? https://twitter.com/DealsFoundry/status/1387327665170964480?s=19
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I await my copy arriving tomorrow
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Game Collection gave me my reward points today but haven't dispatched it. Wonder if Nintendo is breathing down their necks about not letting people get copies early.
  • This will be the first Pokemon anything I’ve ever bought for myself.  I’m looking forward to it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    The Game Collection gave me my reward points today but haven't dispatched it. Wonder if Nintendo is breathing down their necks about not letting people get copies early.
    While you're waiting you could get on that classic ERE OP goodness
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    This was a fun diversion on N64. I suspect this will be majestic and a bit of a rabbit hole.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I am debating if I should buy this... We're supposed to be saving for a mortgage!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:

Done.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I am debating if I should buy this... We're supposed to be saving for a mortgage!

Hey. The game will always be there. It can wait.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • What a beautiful OP. Kudos.
  • Mmmm. That orangey-brown bold type. Chefs kiss.

Bravo.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:

Done.

You've done a man's work sir.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Mine's shipped now, looking like it'll be here tomorrow then.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    There's a Pokémon Go tie-in event for this starting today apparently.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    No Shinys. Game literally unplayable. Literally cannot be played.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    :(
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I forgot that I had money on my Amazon account from my birthday.
    I now have this and it's marvellous
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Recaptioning photos in the album isn’t going well. You’re limited to a ridiculously stingy 28 characters so if your kid thinks of a caption that she likes, tough luck. Think of another one.

And, as these things can be uploaded online, the swear filter is the most aggressive I’ve ever seen.
    Both of these captions were deemed to contain banned words.

“Ssh! It’s sleeping.”
    “It’s cute, isn’t it?”
  • No you’re a shit tit.
  • I’m getting harassed by the kids! Had to yell at them to stop going on about this. It’s on its way, but I want there to be at least a little bit of surprise when daughter gets it in about a week and a half.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It’s not for me at all. There isn’t any age where I’d have enjoyed this. But the kid is having a great time, loves the photo editor (which is fairly basic adding stickers and crappy filter effects), and can mostly be left to get on with it. Apart from the meltdowns about photo captioning.

The photo-taking missions seem like good FPS training.
  • We've dusted off the good behavious sticker chart for Tilly, who seems to think this will definitely be the first Pokemon game she doesn't get fed up with in a couple of hours.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Let's start sharing photos. Here are my most popular on the interwebs.

'BODYSLAM!' is currently my most popular with 156 Sweet! Medals:

y4mEc0iVQC4WE2C4ej5ZqXrmSC-2TeSAJqfnK4PAGZ6jh6wNoymg1zBuTJWimbnlDcnrgLbJTCXls3wcSOQc3TXnbY54yn-pNVuPDp9DEHNXSv8L9vQ4duzrHk0DD3F1nylSK6zdsNzk1jtBmnnieL_jLyYtkfSYaxQEvTjc-SrrxiydF9kWkqgRu1XpqR0GUtu?width=1080&height=720&cropmode=none

'Glowing wings' is also popular with 110 Sweet! Medals:

y4mdahMzB7ZkC_sOEgYa8PARGX_uC0w6UnD7rIQcyp0-G0oVMLG9yVWP7eMYR69O541DQnKcgQkqGkIdlThxcWB4btV5TOWDUHVgtgfzSAQyMC6qXyw0ARxxJMg8v1BX2t9HZfqTLSdLS_00GFAwjMkhtyADbAzl3eFR3C-wp8HyuqcW5mXm8ZpgSN7k0l5WCPD?width=1080&height=720&cropmode=none

'Chomp!' has also crossed the 100 Sweet! Medal mark, with 105 Sweet! Medals:

y4msQSHQde4Z0efrr3a6r5UGZAxpxP8sWQRWCY1iVvn01R3eGe64HVZ-FRaoDr2VkQhe9CYnR6EqDkmo2rSTQiygPrSSbmHhdg6JfnElevnsa8nhubJmvlcvRaZP4oddCbCrJHhj0-sh4qbuY-JH99LpNbxxsReHnrJyqXsOeTP6FPZlb_O0ob9T4NcHpGSoh8T?width=1080&height=720&cropmode=none

New Pokemon Snap also has an achievement for hitting 1,000,000 Sweet! Medals total. I got a bit desperate to find a way to breakthrough and get anywhere near that amount. Perhaps something with Bidoof would work? I ended up puncturing the game's wholesome tone with this shameful photo. The caption is: 'The ransom's 1m Sweet Medals':

y4mWV7XZ3skrNe7TIKXMy41BdB2Mrq7JX45NFVN3nUpx6vGoOI9BXpfRfK1sHzkoymRE19mzCBipiiegfJavriTFF3JXzYAtz9YVYgraZQJ2ohcyjXegIDF1CGoArN0wyOmExEt9O_LqwOwoEWOt6cg02_FInbDJFHdMEls7T3bPq1exUzxJfVptzCWsOlcWJaE?width=1080&height=720&cropmode=none

It only got 131 Sweet! Medals.
  • I haven't worked out how to share photos yet.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Make sure your Switch firmware is up to date as they made it easier to get photos off your Switch in preparation for this.

If you go into your photo album and select a photo, there will be an icon at the bottom to transfer the photo to your Switch image library.

After that, go to your Switch image library and select the option to transfer to Smart Device. Then you can use the tool to get the images on to your phone.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Anyone else having real trouble with the requests? I keep getting more and more, but even if I head out with the intention of checking some off, I almost never get them squared away. I think I have about 50 active ones and have only completed two.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yea theyre a real pain. I just can't please them.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think you have to actually select the photo showing the request behaviour during the evaluation, it's not enough to just snap it but select a different one for points.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!