One Album Wonders
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Facewon wrote:

And for a little controversy, the case can be made:

nas-illmatic.jpg

No one ever talks about any other Nas album so fair case I'd say

I dunno, a few got love at time of release, but fundamentally, Jay z got it right on takeover.

Having said that, it's not like he's been completely terrible since. There's a solid greatest hits to be made of post illmatic tracks at least.

Who shot ya for a start.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Facewon wrote:

And for a little controversy, the case can be made:

nas-illmatic.jpg

No one ever talks about any other Nas album so fair case I'd say

Agree. Never understand why my colleague goes mental for Nas releases. We listen with a headphone splitter at work and there's never any need to get as into it as he does imo. Each to their own obvs but Nas is Illmatic and then individual tracks for me.
  • monkey wrote:
    Don’t think I’ve ever heard anything from Gish but albums 2 up to 5 have all got some good stuff. Think they properly fell off at 6. Not an authority though. Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie are my ones. Mellon Collie is the perfect example of a bloated double album that would have been a perfect single album.

I love Mellon Collie, probably one of the few double albums I’ve heard which I felt held up as a double.

However, it was the first Pumkins album I heard, so it might be partially nostalgia swaying me.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • monkey wrote:
    Don’t think I’ve ever heard anything from Gish but albums 2 up to 5 have all got some good stuff. Think they properly fell off at 6. Not an authority though. Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie are my ones. Mellon Collie is the perfect example of a bloated double album that would have been a perfect single album.

Gish is really good, but I came to it much later in life. SD and Mellon Collie are so fucking amazing, top albums of all time for me.

I stopped at anything after the greatest hits record (rotten apples), did try Oceania and monuments, and some of the new one. They aren’t terrible, just a bit mediocre really.

I thought Zwan was really good…
  • Agreed with Zwan. I still revisit that and Gish every other year or so

x
  • 4bc89047d4157ff7b3b0977c74f49e8b.png
    Absolute prime candidate. Literally one full length album, and it's a banger.
  • I meant to buy that once. I think he was on Jools Holland, which I missed, and a friend was texting me about how much I'd like it. So working from not much information and not many choices on Amazon I ended up with this by mistake:

tony-toliver-half-saint.-half-sinner.jpg

Didn't hate it.
  • Lol. It is really good. listened to it 3 times through today.
  • Jane's Addiction - Strays.

x
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That’s probably the last JA album I’d have picked.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!