Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Definitely worth a punt
  • Fucking hell, that really is something: https://galaxer.io/
  • Fuck nfts and everything related to em.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • The meet the devs portraits might be my favourite thing.
  • So is his money safe? What is an NFT? This week on Crypto for Dummies the B&B explain to Bob...
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    So is his money safe? What is an NFT? This week on Crypto for Dummies the B&B explain to Bob...

Fuck no.

RCoS9XO6huhbMjp0PNdk7DFM2TsXukGCvRKGYj1sMXo.jpg?auto=webp&s=def88bc1408902244d31a2e381cbef05c0412ced
  • NFT explained basically and without all the politics and opinion.

NFT stands for Non-Fungible Token. Fungible pretty much just means copyable. So its a token that can't be copied.
    NFTs are created using blockchain tech the same as Bitcoin.
    Instead of these tokens becoming a unique unit of digital currency they are instead used as certificates of ownership/authenticity.

Im not sure where this idea started but it gained prevalence through the digital art scene as a tool to allow them to sell their easily copyable art with assurance that the buyer would receive the rights to that piece to either gather royalties or sell on. Much like how rights to songs are sold.

The artist creates the image.
    They then raise an NFT to attach to it. 
    The NFT is linked to the art through an independent database normally held by the people who create the NFT.
    The artist sells the NFT to the buyer. That buyer then has full ownership of the art to do with as they wish.
    Again think like music rights, they should get the royalties from use and can sell it on as they wish with the NFT being their claim to it.
  • NFT has serious problems around original ownership as Dante's post points out but that doesnt mean the original can't be owned by the seller/creator. Those issues are more the market than the tech involved.

The environmental issue are definitely there as they are for all blockchain.

There is absolutely no need for NFT in a closed system such as a game where 'ownership' of assets (guns, skins etc) are easily tied to an account.
  • Every player will be able to manage a shop, selling stuff (NFTs) dropped and receiving GLX token as in-game currency. Also, they will be able to sell their stuff to a Non-Player Character (PNC) for GLX, creating a transaction to main GLX smart-contract. The PNC will then reoffer the NFT (on in-game marketplace and out-game Galaxer website marketplace) to a higher price, burning the spread. Thanks to NFT in-game integration, zero gas fees will be charged for peer-to-peer trading with instant transactions, all while you securely maintain custody of your assets. Players can stake the GLX token by investing in an in-game bank or using Galaxer.io website staking page. By staking, players will earn a percentage by adding liquidity to GLX token.
    Hope that clears everything up.
  • I hate it when I burn the spread.
    Toast ruined.
  • Lol. That needs its own thread. Hot NPCs and Kinky Fetish NPCs.
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Strong suspicion they'll also be using all the players PC's to nine even more bitcoins for themselves too. Or maybe that's explicitly what they're doing, I couldn't be arsed to read the small print.

I think it's unlikely your friend will do well from this. Though I guess I've said that before and been wrong, once.
  • Is it explained anywhere how you get your money back out?

I can see that you loot or buy gear, sell or buy it in game using the in game currency P2P or with NPCs.
    Cant see anything about converting in game currency back into real world currency.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Is it explained anywhere how you get your money back out? I can see that you loot or buy gear, sell or buy it in game using the in game currency P2P or with NPCs. Cant see anything about converting in game currency back into real world currency.

The in game currency is the real world coin. So you'd just sell that coin. Assuming anyone wants it.
  • [justify]Eurogamer has gone down the subscription route.  Up to six quid a month if you wish to go ad free.  That's almost the same price as a copy of Edge!   No thanks (on both counts) [/justify]
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Ha!  Unintentional BBcode works a treat!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Is it explained anywhere how you get your money back out? I can see that you loot or buy gear, sell or buy it in game using the in game currency P2P or with NPCs. Cant see anything about converting in game currency back into real world currency.
    The in game currency is the real world coin. So you'd just sell that coin. Assuming anyone wants it.

Ok. Cheers.
    Yeah this sounds really bad.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Eurogamer has gone down the subscription route.  Up to six quid a month if you wish to go ad free.  That's almost the same price as a copy of Edge!   No thanks (on both counts)

The standard £3.99 option doesn't seem unreasonable. I don't read Eurogamer any more but if I was on it all the time I'd think about it.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    [justify]Eurogamer has gone down the subscription route.  Up to six quid a month if you wish to go ad free.  That's almost the same price as a copy of Edge!   No thanks (on both counts) [/justify]

I use adblocker on EG anyway, but I’m tempted to chuck them a few quid per month. It’s the only games site I check semi-regularly.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Is it explained anywhere how you get your money back out? I can see that you loot or buy gear, sell or buy it in game using the in game currency P2P or with NPCs. Cant see anything about converting in game currency back into real world currency.
    Ok. Cheers. Yeah this sounds really bad.
    It's managed to combine in-game purchases and grinding with the toxic world of NFTs and crypto currencies. Kill the planet and have a shit time while doing it. Thank god its got some hot as fuck NPCs.
  • Turns out the delay to GoW: Ragnarok was due to Christopher Judge being ill

https://twitter.com/iamchrisjudge/status/1443434928385843209?s=21

Pretty big thing to delay a game based on an actor.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Fuck nfts and everything related to em.

Have you considered selling this post as an NFT.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    N/m i just prtsc'd.
  • "Are you lucky?"
    That's enough for me to know no good will come of it.
    If somebody kills you, couldn't they just take your expensive gun?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Monkey Ball reviews are in. Good but not quite right seems to be the general consensus, with Monkey Target getting tutted at by journos familiar with the original. Will buy, but I'm a little disappointed it's apparently not quite what it was shaping up to be.
  • I've never played a monkey ball but it seems like they've managed one magic game and every other iteration has fallen short.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!