A thread for watch love
  • I have a real hankering for a carbon fibre watch.

My Gshock Frogman has a carbon fibre mix that makes up the carbon core chassis, but its not visible.

Doxa do a lovely carbon fibre cased diver. The Doxa carbon 300 whitepearl has a nice white dial that is entirely coated superluminova so the whole dial glows with the black hands as a contrast. Its £3780 which is a problem.

And squale have just released the T183 forged carbon. Selita movement which is ok, but the case is beautiful. £1495. Hmmmmm

C9-FC36-F3-37-CD-47-EB-B83-C-D1155810-C9-B1.webp

35457-AF5-75-DD-4448-B866-3-BFC5-A37-BF49.jpg

DAF3074-F-79-AF-4-E32-96-BC-728-D0-AE1-FC73.jpg

8728-A2-F6-6-B4-C-44-EC-9-C44-274013-A9-AE78.webp

Something captivating about the patterns a carbon case has. No 2 cases are the same as a result of the material used.
    PSN - minkymu
  • That Squale is nice!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    That Squale is nice!

Thats the blue version, they also do orange

PSN - minkymu
  • Forged carbon fibre is the term that has be adopted to describe short or 'chopped' strands of carbon fibre that are compression moulded in multi-part mould to create strong solid geometries that would not be practical using conventional composite processes.

In other words fucking cool.
    PSN - minkymu
  • That is lots of fun.
  • Longines have done it again. This funky looking chrono is called The Longines Spirit Pioneer Edition.

A4-A77543-A656-4-F82-B298-74258-E780812.jpg

Key differences from the normal Spirtit collection are the dark titanium case, leather backed sailcloth strap with green highlight stitching, black face and bright green lume filled applied markers.

Other than that still get the COSC rated dual pusher chrono movement.
    Approx £3000
    PSN - minkymu
  • That’s nice, but I wouldn’t drop 3K on it.
    I am a fussy bastard tho :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    That’s nice, but I wouldn’t drop 3K on it.
    I am a fussy bastard tho :D

Discerning is the word G

PSN - minkymu
  • Went down a youtube rabbit hole and ended up watching too many videos of an Irish watch expert berating rapper's watches. A mild entertaining diversion.
  • Ah yes, Nico Leonard, a classic of the genre.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yeah he is lols
    PSN - minkymu
  • 34179696-9196-4-DF3-9941-34153-C0-E35-FE.jpg

Seiko are just releasing details on these two seiko 5 sport gmt beauties.

Based on the calibre 4r movement. Price is very reasonable. Lots of wrist presence for your £400

Available July
    PSN - minkymu
  • That's a great price.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It is.

I'm of that age. Seiko means quite a bit to me as a brand. Tempted.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • 9-B42-E407-E6-E4-480-A-B148-29980-CCCC36-A.png
    CC4845-E9-8-CDD-4011-973-D-96-F9-A3-B7216-D.png

American brand Luminox have just launched these new watches. The pacific diver 44mm chrono. A Quartz movement, thick rubber strap (clearly a homage to Breitlings diver/sport straps) a carbon reinforced plastic bezel and steel case. A variety of colours available included white, orange, red and green.

D191-FBD1-CE48-4621-B4-A6-9-D957563055-A.png

200m depth rating

The selling point of these is the tritium gas filled tubes that are on the hands and markers. The gas glows without dimming. No need to charge like standard lume

£599
    PSN - minkymu
  • The tubes are cool, but not £600 and we had to stick a quartz movement in to keep the cost down cool.

No offence quartz, I'm currently enjoying a very nice swatch on my wrist as I type.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • So the new GShock Frogman analog line then.

I've had the red variety a a daily wear for a week now. There are good and bad points to it that are now making me also want to pick up the last of the digital Frogman line.

Good points :

For a huge watch (nearly 50mm) it shrinks. Mainly due to the lightweight carbon core. Its a snug comfy wear.

Wrist presence is epic. Loads of questions asked about it. The red variety really pops.

Quick glance legibility. Those big arrow hands are easy to read in all light conditions. The lume is excellent too as is the afterglow led light.

Tough AF.

Bad points. The straps a bit long so pokes out a bit too far beyond the keeper.

Dial legibility on the smaller dial details is v poor. The day of the week and function dials are minute.

Missing compass, depth meter and moon phase from the digital model.

No easy battery access or screw on back. You have to send it to casio as tge internals are accessible only from the top down. Unlike tge digital version

Complicated AF

I like it overall but im defo picking up the digital one too

30222431-DC97-4339-A52-A-557153058-F85.jpg

Heres the new non digital frogman. Mine
    E2-D7-C536-D339-488-D-A9-A5-70-CE7-E7-B0533.jpg
    PSN - minkymu
  • Remind me Minky, what does this thing look like again?
  • G man

BC572135-9377-47-EB-9279-6-A23-DE9-A3570.jpg

PSN - minkymu
  • Aye, that’s a handsome beast alright. Too much for my puny wrists tho.
  • Daytime lume shot

Pow!

8573972-D-321-B-486-D-9-D80-E12007635-C3-F.jpg

PSN - minkymu
  • Quick Moonswatch update: source T3 mag

Last week, in an interview with Fratello Watches Swatch Group CEO Nick Hayek seemed to suggest that the Swatch x Omega collaboration will never be available online.

Hayek states, “There’s no emotion in online buying. It’s a carefully produced Swiss Made watch and not a commodity. After the whole world had to stay at home for two years because of covid, it was about time to celebrate and to bring the people back on the streets, meet together, and revive the brick-and-mortar stores.”

“The MoonSwatch is not about to make as much money as possible in the shortest possible time period. So why should we sell it online?”

That may be well-meaning, but for many people who don't live near one of the 110 Swatch stores that stock the MoonSwatch collection, it's very bad news.

For example, in the UK, the only places you can currently buy a MoonSwatch at retail are in London and Edinburgh. People aren't going to travel hundreds of miles, only to be told there is no stock and to return home empty-handed. Some people aren't even able to travel that far – forcing them to miss out or pay inflated re-seller prices.

** what an absolute cock he is **

PSN - minkymu
  • Fuck ‘em. I wouldn’t have one if they were selling them in the garage across the road tbh. Cheap and nasty watches nailed on to the most cynical of marketing strategies. Not for me.
  • g.man wrote:
    Fuck ‘em. I wouldn’t have one if they were selling them in the garage across the road tbh. Cheap and nasty watches nailed on to the most cynical of marketing strategies. Not for me.

Ye my opinion on them has changed dramatically

In with you
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m with you both. I wanted one but the attitude has put me off.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The intention is well meant but the distribution chain isn't up to it.
  • Tudor have relaunched the Ranger range with in house calibre. 39mm brushed steel case and bracelet.

£2420 on the bracelet, £2170 on the nato or leather strap

Yes please!

EC4-B7762-C7-B1-4-D0-C-A5-CB-862-CCABAF254.jpg

C7615-C82-36-F4-41-BD-80-AA-0-FDFB5-CCACFA.jpg

Becoming a bit of a Rolex tribute band (this has echos of the explorer) but still. Phwoar
    PSN - minkymu
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    That Seiko 5 sport gmt comes in an orange too. Looks nice.

Seiko-5-Sports-SSK00XK1.008.jpg
  • davyK wrote:
    That Seiko 5 sport gmt comes in an orange too. Looks nice.

Seiko-5-Sports-SSK00XK1.008.jpg

Yeah the orange pops and is also the colour that doesnt wash out underwater. Making it the choice of dial colour for diving watches by the pros

Edit.... actually im confusing it with lime green. Orange one of the first to go lol
    2-F8-C5-B3-D-4988-4386-AE58-49-C4-B7-F2-BCEE.jpg
    PSN - minkymu

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!