Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    @ERE My neighbour has an oscar nomination for a short movie, please can you watch that next and report back? Ian Barnes, Wish 143, 2011. Cheers bud.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    @ERE My neighbour has an oscar nomination for a short movie, please can you watch that next and report back? Ian Barnes, Wish 143, 2011. Cheers bud.

It’s free to watch on Vimeo so I will have a look.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • acemuzzy wrote:

It's really good - a sweet short, which somehow manages to double as an impressive parade of British character actors (including one Doctor Who).

• Following a rave 3-star review in the Gruadian, I quite like the look of this one. I'm all for things that go 'bump in the woods' like Relic and Significant Other. This doesn't look like either of those to be fair, but it does have the woman from Barbarian (which was too scary-looking for me, so never seen)
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    20 Days in Mariupol (2023) - Bleak as fuck documentary covering an AP video journalist’s travails over a period of 20 days in the city of Mariupol as Russia’s invasion of Ukraine begins. This won the documentary Oscar and without having watched the other four it is pretty much an auto-win due to the sheer seriousness of the subject matter and genuine commitment to journalism required to capture the footage. It is worlds apart from a guy pretending to cry at his pet octopus. It’s really depressing when you watch a documentary and the nearest comparable you can think of is Threads. ★★★★★
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message

Looks canny
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Reviews have been good, I’m gonna go see it next week.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What was the Clint plane one pls? Can't be bothered to Google.

Everyone ignored this which meant I couldn't make my awesome High Planes Drifter joke so I'm flouncing.

• Looks canny
    Had my eye on this one for a while, sounds brilliant
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What was the Clint plane one pls? Can't be bothered to Google.

Everyone ignored this which meant I couldn't make my awesome High Planes Drifter joke so I'm flouncing.

Amazing
  • There's a couple of other good shudder films imminent, one Aussie one in particular looked great, hold on...

https://youtu.be/y1EHT838rrg?si=Aw6h8FWvs4qV0JIZ

That one - can't embed atm.

Anyway, I think shudder is like £3 pcm so we're going to resub for these. It's a good not great service imo as it doesn't update super frequently, but they do have some crackers from time to time.
  • Mrs. Moot hasn't realised that she still pays for Shudder after I signed up for a 30 day trial on her Amazon account about two years ago....
  • What will her reaction be when she finds out ?

I shudder to think...
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • She'll probably call me a rude word and let me keep it anyway.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:

Tell your neighbour that it’s 2024 and he needs to reupload his short film in AT LEAST 1080p.

Wish 143 (2011) - Yeah, I thought this was decent. What a stacked cast! Nice mix of seriousness and British humour. There’s the occasional bit of contrivance - the bus driver that bans all fluids is a bit weird as you’re allowed drinks on the bus and the bit where the lad somehow ends up on the front cover of the local paper is unintentionally surreal - but those are a couple of minor details in a generally decent film. Good stuff. ★★★★☆

• Looks canny
    That looks fucking brilliant.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Dastmalchian’s great in everything I’ve seen him in.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This did it first and better.

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    Dastmalchian’s great in everything I’ve seen him in.

He really is. No matter how small the part
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Lol

Watch it lad it's a legit banger there's even a Geordie dub done by Jimmy Nail
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Animated short films:

Letter to a Pig (2022) - A schoolgirl listens to a Holocaust survivor recount his experiences of hiding in a pig shed. The film then goes off the rails as the girl has some kind of waking daydream where she sees some stuff that is an unclear metaphor for something-or-other. The animation style is interesting, I just don’t know what they were trying to do with this. There’s ambiguous and then there’s just not conveying anything to the audience. ★★★☆☆

Pachyderme (2022) - It’s really hard to meaningfully discuss this without major spoilers so I’ll just discuss it in spoiler tags for people with no intention of watching it. Spoiler-free review - it tried to do something that doesn’t work as well as the creators wanted it to.
    Spoiler:

It’s not bad but the central conceit doesn’t work that well. ★★★☆☆

War Is Over! Inspired by the Music of John and Yoko (2022) - Two soldiers on either side of a war are secretly playing a correspondence chess game via an illicit carrier pigeon. One of the soldiers looks like John Lennon. I don’t really understand what the point of this was supposed to be? I don’t think it’s a spoiler to say that somehow the war does end up being over during the film, but not in any way that any of the characters have agency over. So what is the point? The two chess guys meet on the battlefield at one point but don’t know each by sight. How did they commence the chess game then? I don’t want to be too CinemaSins, I just don’t think it particularly holds together too well in various ways.

Peter Jackson’s Weta FX and Unreal Engine were involved in making this. Like the live action short Oscar, I can’t help but feel like it’s a case of big names and big money winning out over the actual content of the film - although on the animated side this feels like a fallow set of nominations so the win is hardly outrageous. ★★★☆☆
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    John and yoko has me tapping out.

Pair of fuckwits.

Imagine no possessions sung in a fucking mansion owned by John. Fuck off cuntwick.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I hope you all appreciate the return of devastating criticisms, medium scores.
  • Gremill wrote:

Looks canny
    That looks fucking brilliant.

Yeah kinda wish I went to see this at the Melbourne Film Festival last year.

Can also recommend History of the Occult though.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:

I’m in awe you can watch so many movies in such a short span of time, I struggle to watch a sporadic double-bill once in a while. 10 out of 10 for the effort.
    Things can only get better.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    mannaboy wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:

I’m in awe you can watch so many movies in such a short span of time, I struggle to watch a sporadic double-bill once in a while. 10 out of 10 for the effort.

The animated shorts are actually like 10 mins each. Live action and documentaries have to cap out at around 40 mins as that’s the limit for the awards but many are about 20 mins.
  • Yea no idea how you manage it.
    If I manage a film a week it's been a good week.
    Literally don't get the time until after the kids are in bed, house has been cleaned and dinners made. Then I get an hour at best until I'm falling asleep so any film has to be done over a few nights. And I have to convince the wife to watch something I want to watch.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    30 min commute is legit for chipping away at movies/shows. Might try a couple of these shorts.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    1 - Be divorced.
    2 - Work at a Primary School.

Cinematic heaven.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!