• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    LotR extended editions are majestic.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Damn this first Dune movie is a big nothing burger

Don't think I've not seen this by the way. Mark against your name
    regmcfly wrote:
    It's just a bunch of shit happening that looks good but has no I fucking substance

The fuck. Firmly Team Sparkles on this one, wtf reg?!?

He just need more Americana.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    LotR extended editions are majestic.

Always knew Davy was a good un.

• Fucking pixies and goblins. Yeeeesh!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Fucking pixies and goblins. Yeeeesh!

Not gonna Kink Shame you G.

• :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    FWIW Dune Part I felt like an extended prologue to me and I got on much better with the second film.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The realisation of the battle scenes alone make the films earn their praise.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire (2024): This is a fairly direct sequel to Godzilla vs. Kong and I suspect that people waltzing into this off the back of Godzilla Minus One won’t find this the ideal start to their MonsterVerse journey.

Following the events of Godzilla vs. Kong, there is finally some equilibrium on Earth, with Godzilla keeping the other Titans in line on the surface, with Kong exploring the Hollow Earth below, each keeping out of the other’s way. But a mysterious signal from deep in the Earth shatters that equilibrium, with Godzilla suddenly seeking new power, Kong uncovering long-undiscovered secrets and a team of humans including Science Woman, Psychic Tribe Girl and Podcaster from the previous film, and new star Dan Stevens as Monster Dentist, venturing deep into the Hollow Earth in the hope of uncovering the truth.

The various elements of this synergise a bit better than the previous film. The human plot is OK this time and a couple of the characters actually have a bit of a plot arc. The Titan plot is similar stuff to the previous film and is at a similarly decent level of entertainment. I would not go in hoping for 100% aesthetic-focused Titan sequences like the boat sequence or neon city sequence from the previous film - however, in place of this aesthetic focus there is a different theme to the Titan sequences throughout this film, which I will not spoil.

A couple of niggles - it takes quite a long time for the basic plot of the film to be revealed. I would have preferred the film to have got to the point quicker and have had a bit more wrap up for a couple of the human characters at the end just to tie their particular stories up in a bow. I prefer this film as a whole to the previous one but going purely on the Titan stuff slightly prefer the last one.

This is enjoyable and everyone that was slightly defensive that I only gave Godzilla vs. Kong three stars will really like this. It’s a very commercial, very meat-and-potatoes, very MCU-on-good-day-like, very switch-off-your-brain kind of film and if you haven’t watched any of the previous MonsterVerse films, I think you need to catch up or at least watch Godzilla vs. Kong before this one. But it’s a fun film if you’re in the market for it - I got lots of big visuals, a few laughs and even a couple of emotions out of it. ★★★★☆
  • Nice, I'm seeing it at IMAX next week
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Who is Dan Guest, lol. Corrected.

I saw it in IMAX. Was good - was partially shot in IMAX and the monster sequences have exclusive IMAX aspect ratio and stuff.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I suspect my local IMAX made less money than if they’d just put on Dune Part Two again though, haha.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I was just booking my IMAX for Civil War and noted Vue seem to be showing the Mad Max series in the run up to Furiosa coming out, with the first one being now-ish, if that’s of interest to anyone.
  • New Matrix movie in the works.
    Directed by Drew Goddard, Ex-Prod Lana Wachowski.

Will probably be shit.
  • What do you mean probably?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Goddard has done some good stuff, should have said he is writing as well.

But then again WB.

Wachowski I'm gonna guess is just picking up a cheque. Wasn't the whole 4th movie subtext for how they didn't want to do a sequel but had their hand forced so made an oh so clever subverting expectations toss fest?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The most recent one was the best Matrix film. The first, bar the cool tech, is stupidly overrated.
  • Nah it was shit mate. Pure shit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I wouldn't say the first was that bad
  • The first was good until people took it as permission to wear PVC trenchcoats and stop washing.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Drew Goddard was a big bit of my younger years between Angel, Buffy and Alias
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    WB had a massive falling out with their co-funding parter for Matrix Resurrections after they simultaneously launched it on HBO Max and theatrical, with the theatrical release underperforming. I smell shenanigans - if this new film does well, it backs them up in their ongoing lawsuit in which the co-funding partner is claiming they’ve damaged the Matrix brand. If it does badly, it will likely clear it’s face by the time it’s released on VOD, home video, etc. anyway.
  • I love LOTR, love the books, love the films.
    However I prefer the cinema versions, as particularly the 3rd film extended feels like at least the last hour is all slowmo.
    1st film adds more to the start which is fine
    2nd adds aragon's little jaunt which is unnecessary
    3rd film too much 'isn't this emotional' slowmo

Watched two towers today, standard edition, and realised aragorn falling off the cliff is in that. Confused myself into thinking that was an extended edition add on :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm watching Enemy Mine in honour of Louis Gosset Jr. Absolutely loved this as a kid, hope it holds up
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I bloody loved that too. Had it on VHS. Haven’t seen it since. What’s it on?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nowhere to stream I don't think, only available to buy or rent. And fuck that
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It was good. First half with the survival is the best, and the only part I could remember. Probably the birth of the tree puncher in me
  • I reckon that Enemy Mine and Alien Nation were two of the best sci-fi films of the ’80s.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I remember renting Enemy Mine on VHS but not much about the actual film.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Watched the monkey Vs gojira.

It was alright tbh, Rebecca Hall doing her best to breathlessly explain why they can't meet and the Kong world being some sort of weird parallel universe. Did I cry when big Kong was with his son? Fucking aye and I hate it.

Dumb movie, great for me on my holiday, bring on Wrestlemania [6]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!