Wii
    something

Send message
    Shout out to please don't wake my friend, he's dead tired
  • Come on Bennet let’s party
    The Forum Herald™
  • Best Arnie quote is surely
    "AAAAAHHHHHHAAARGGGHAARGHAAAAAA"
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Posting this classic then I realise the crickets are trying to out act Arnie.

• Too depressed about football to make an Indigo reference.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Still?
  • Yeah. Inviting teams to score like a cocky boxer sticking his chin out wore thin months ago.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Try supporting Palace.
  • "I eat Green Berets for breakfast".
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Legendary have optioned a film from Villeneuve called Nuclear War: A Scenario that sounds like a modern big budget remake of Threads.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Will be less than a shit stain on the pants of Threads.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not a Villeneuve fan then? Man has talent and I'm guessing its going to be horrific to watch, he doesn't pull his punches.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Still set in Sheffield?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    That Zendaya tennis movie is also being released on IMAX screens, oddly.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I want to see a film about nuclear war about as much as I want to see a film about heart attacks.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Not a Villeneuve fan then? Man has talent and I'm guessing its going to be horrific to watch, he doesn't pull his punches.

I am a fan, I just doubt it will be quite the horror show Threads is while not being gratuitous. I doubt anyone would make Threads now as it's very much of its time and the sensibilities that existed then. Threads' horror comes from the ordinariness of the build up - completely glamour free. It has an edge to it that slicker films don't have. It could be done of course - that remains to be seen - but I doubt it.

I will watch it - no doubt about that.  It's probably time for another film of this type because this generation hasn't had a gut punch on the reality of the subject, esp. with that wanker Putin slobbering about using nukes in his own front garden.

The long term impact of modern hydrogen fusion bombs isn't actually all that clear. Fission bombs create a great deal more radioactive material as far as I know - but there haven't been enough fusion bomb tests to really form an opinion. Safe to say it would still be game over for humanity as we know it though.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fair enough and yes, there will probably be some "beautiful" cinematography in there, which is going to be interesting to see how that impacts on what will also be the death and destruction. Having said that, that bus scene in Icendies properly gut punched me, but it was also incredibly well framed, real head fuck.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I can imagine the actual strike being much better in its implementation in a modern version - certainly in parts.  Wonder if we will see a melting ET doll!??!!  :)

This is powerful stuff. The use of silence isn't something we "see" enough of.  We aren't worth hitting any more anyhow - we make fuck all now.  Transfer all of our financial data files to an unknown data centre and we are dead in the water.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I finally got around to…

Road House (2024): At first it seemed like this might be a trashy but fun punch-‘em-up but it ended up being quite bad really. The nearest comparable for me would be a bad JCVD film, specifically Double Team co-starring basketball star Dennis Rodman. I did enjoy some of the early fight scenes, which have an interesting kinetic feel, before they took things too far.

The script is bad. Unfortunately, they don’t have any self-awareness that the script is bad so the film is a whole two hours long, much of which is uninteresting talking. At least Double Team was a tight 90 minutes!

I didn’t think Conor McGregor was that bad (he’s better at acting than Dennis Rodman, anyway) but the script and film are constantly like “Oh my gawd everyone, it’s Conor McGregor!!” and I don’t think he can pull off that kind of treatment. If he does another film, he needs to figure out facial expressions that aren’t just grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

I generally didn’t think any of the cast were particularly good. I never really felt I ever had a handle of what Jake Gyllenhaal’s character was supposed to be and he felt a bit phoned in at times.

For me the film badly went wrong with the boat fight with the really bad CGI. After that a really strong sense of unreality grips the film and never lets go. The final battle with Conor McGregor looks really bad when in any sense - even just viewing the film as punchy fun action - it should be the climax of the film.

This feels very direct-to-video so I’m not surprised that Amazon mandated it go… direct-to-video. I wanted this to be fun nonsense, like the MonsterVerse but with people punching each other instead of monsters, but I didn’t even enjoy the action after the early scenes. ★★☆☆☆
  • Conor McGregor in RH2024 could be an origin story for Father Stack in Father Ted.
  • Well now I'm interested
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yes as am I
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I see you're jumping on the old picture there.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I finally got around to…

Road House (2024): At first it seemed like this might be a trashy but fun punch-‘em-up but it ended up being quite bad really. The nearest comparable for me would be a bad JCVD film, specifically Double Team co-starring basketball star Dennis Rodman. I did enjoy some of the early fight scenes, which have an interesting kinetic feel, before they took things too far.

The script is bad. Unfortunately, they don’t have any self-awareness that the script is bad so the film is a whole two hours long, much of which is uninteresting talking. At least Double Team was a tight 90 minutes!

I didn’t think Conor McGregor was that bad (he’s better at acting than Dennis Rodman, anyway) but the script and film are constantly like “Oh my gawd everyone, it’s Conor McGregor!!” and I don’t think he can pull off that kind of treatment. If he does another film, he needs to figure out facial expressions that aren’t just grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

I generally didn’t think any of the cast were particularly good. I never really felt I ever had a handle of what Jake Gyllenhaal’s character was supposed to be and he felt a bit phoned in at times.

For me the film badly went wrong with the boat fight with the really bad CGI. After that a really strong sense of unreality grips the film and never lets go. The final battle with Conor McGregor looks really bad when in any sense - even just viewing the film as punchy fun action - it should be the climax of the film.

This feels very direct-to-video so I’m not surprised that Amazon mandated it go… direct-to-video. I wanted this to be fun nonsense, like the MonsterVerse but with people punching each other instead of monsters, but I didn’t even enjoy the action after the early scenes. ★★☆☆☆

Agree with pretty much all this. First fight scene outside the bar was fun but it just got sillier (and not in a good way) from that point on
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I don’t get why all of these reviews are surprises. The original was dogshit. This is clearly just paying homage to that.
  • The original is great fun and a masterpiece in comparison to this one.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Christ! It must be the worst film ever made.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!